Latama now made in china ?

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in China.
Folgore1

Latama now made in china ?

Post by Folgore1 »

hey guys seen some 9" 11" and 13" Latama marked stiletto knives look chinese to me , they are same thickness 5mm but have big pins for handles like china uses they just dont look right and price is 1/5th of what walter is charging for real italian made latama anyone seen these yet ?
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Latama now made in china ?

Post by Madmarco »

I haven't seen them F1, but I do get regular emails from Latama, and I would suspect they would put some sort of warning on their site or in the emails, but so far nothing. Where did you see them? Thanks for the head's-up, I'll watch for the fakes! 8)
8)
Folgore1

Post by Folgore1 »

it was a chinese knife site you can buy all sorts of automatic knives, you can google it (china made auto knife)and the site comes up they pictured 9" and 11" with latama stamp but no cat, the 13" have the AKC stamp also 9" AKC swinguards , Leverletto's and tons other knives . if anyone has seen any these china made knives they are not really that bad of quality and prices are super low , 9" swings are like 25 bucks Leverlettos are like 30 bucks 13" akc 40 bucks . the italian makers better get on it the chinese are pumping out same knives at a fraction of the cost and they are making knives with better blade material 440. , ive been collecting italian autos for 40 years now i love italian stuff its sad to see the chinese knocking off good quality italian knives and being that there are no rights in china for these knives they are making them by the boat load, they can mark them any way they want and no one can do anything about it unless you speak chinese and are willing to go to their country to go in front of their court and make a case which will most likely never do anything .
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

The Chicoms have hundreds of millions of mouths to feed and a professed (stated) goal of world domination. Neither their culture nor their government have any mores against copying, stealing, counterfeiting, or otherwise obtaining intellectual or real property, by any means possible.

Thus there are no goods anywhere in the world, legal or illegal, they will not eventually exploit, or attempt to exploit. The inherent human naivety, and greed for “stuff” is their biggest ally.

So why are you surprised? ::doh::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

The site(s)you refer to F1 are likely www.dhgate.com , or, www.aliexpress.com , both of which I've bought knives from, and as you say they aren't originals but till quite decent knives. These were the first sites that listed the "Mago" or "Tomb Raider" OTF's a couple years ago, and I got a 9" and an 11", and they are as solid as the day is long, at a fraction of the current price. I'll check them for the bogus Latamas! 8)
8)

Return to “Chinese-made knives”