Couple Monster fixed blades

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in China.
Eelephant

Couple Monster fixed blades

Post by Eelephant »

Well, one of them’s a monster. Just got these in a bulk purchase, don’t have much use for generic Chinese blades, so I’ll prolly trade them away or something, just thought I’d post some pics first.
Attachments
35428FF9-B7FF-4F22-9940-B3B126F1243A.jpeg
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Couple Monster fixed blades

Post by Madmarco »

Ele! Your top knife is a Rambo III replica, and your faux stag model I have no idea! Still cool monsters though! 8)
8)
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

Here is my contribution to this topic. However, it is NOT a "Couple Monster fixed blades."
I bought this "M16 or AR15" bayonet in the 1997 to 1999 date range. I bought it new, not used or surplus. I do NOT recall exactly how much I paid for it, but I am sure that it was NOT over $30. It is Chinese made and stainless steel. The front side blade etch says "STAINLESS (over) STEEL" The back side blade etch says, "CHINA" It has a 6" long utility pocket and an attached sharpening stone, which is concealed. I bought it to use when I went camping, but instead it went into storage.
Caption(s), if any, are on the BOTTOM of the corresponding picture(s).
Click on a picture to ENLARGE.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip
Modern Slip Joints

Post by Modern Slip Joints »

Depending on how you use the description, I have one or a few too large knives. All were inexpensive. The Case Bowie might qualify as a monster. It was $30, as new in box, which is way below their usual price.

While I usually use my too large knives to stab man eating bengal tigers and polar bears, :wink: I like them for one practical use: whacking the tails off salmon. A hatchet works slightly better for the tail but the stiff knife is also good for severing the thick spine behind the gill. It's not worth washing both unless you're cleaning a lot of salmon. A cheap-o seems to work as well as any big knife.

The monster Case will probably remain as new for as long as I want to store it.

Return to “Chinese-made knives”