Rosecraft Blades Appalachian Jack

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in China.
ebrandwein

Rosecraft Blades Appalachian Jack

Post by ebrandwein »

Looks like it is made at the same factory that builds the RRR line. Very nice knife
Attachments
20221210_162156.jpg
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Rosecraft Blades Appalachian Jack

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Looks like a great knife. I will have to check out that brand, never heard of it before. Like the logo.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
JonTerry

Post by JonTerry »

Looks quality to me, the hater will always hate though.

Tbh as far as China is concerened you get what you pay for, I mean they have the factories and skills of all levels from junk to prestige it just depends on how much you want to pay for manufacturing.

We all know and love the famous USA- UK- German brands

We all get nostalgic about old school quality and values, but in truth for every decent knife maker the West has produced there will be one hundred crap makers who either sell cheap, have gone out of business, and we see these knives everywhere in bunches that we buy because we see a handfull of quality brands along side them.

China will make 100 bad knives for every quality knife but thats a very old worldwide story.

Like RR i'm sure Taylor will improve on quality if they want to survive, or they will just become an ok for the price knife, and the old slot for a good knife in the mid budget range ( LB7 or the like ) will be taken up by another Western company because there will be a gap in the market.
i have read that when production fisrt started in China the Schrade knives were very poor until there was a shake up, since things have improved and in time perhaps they will make knives on par with the USA made knives ??

Good brands have and will out source manufacturing to the east.......but only to factories that can maintain quality.

I can't see Buck/CRTK and the like, excepting bad materials and production on their watch without pulling the plug and starting again.

Lets wait and see, worst case is all of our old School knives will become priceless, but I have a little glimmer of faith that with quality control China will be making very very good knives before long.

The haters will still hate......but is that about the knives or something deeper ???
You do not have a soul, you are a soul, what you have is a body
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

It’s both. There is a sadness and sense of loss seeing time-honored cutlery names and jobs associated with them farmed out to China. However that people can’t see, or don’t care that the Chicom government goal is to bury the freedoms of the West and dominate the world is a fact - they have repeatedly stated such and their actions bear it out.

The other fact is that money spent on made-in-China goods, including knives, funds the nefarious actions of the Chicom government. Including treating their own citizens as slaves and biological experiments, human organ harvesting, etc as well as both overt and covert aggressions against those in the rest of the world. The ambivalent attitude toward that astounds me. I cannot compartmentalize my appreciation of quality cutlery from the actions of the Chicoms.

Calling it “hate” is simply naive self-justification for sending money to the Chicoms. JMO. Here is a link to an old post that gives further insight on my thoughts https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/kn ... le#p595015

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
ebrandwein

Post by ebrandwein »

Global trade was our idea for the post-war economy. And whether its an iphone or a shirt or a pocket knife, the Chinese are simply doing what we tell them to do. This is 100% our show. We created it, we own it and we could stop it tomorrow if we wanted to. We're not going to do that though because we, not the Chinese, are the primary beneficiaries.
steve99f

Post by steve99f »

Just discovered this brand and model via a short article in Knife magazine recently. Thought I'd give it a shot at the MSRP indiciated. Received it yesterday. I ll let the pictures do the talking. I like it. However, I won't be buying anymore China knives for the political and economic reasons mention above.
Attachments
IMG_0378.JPG
IMG_0382.jpg
IMG_0383.jpg
IMG_0384.jpg
IMG_0385.jpg
steve99f
Alien883

Post by Alien883 »

JonTerry wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:55 pm Looks quality to me, the hater will always hate though.

Tbh as far as China is concerened you get what you pay for, I mean they have the factories and skills of all levels from junk to prestige it just depends on how much you want to pay for manufacturing.

We all know and love the famous USA- UK- German brands

We all get nostalgic about old school quality and values, but in truth for every decent knife maker the West has produced there will be one hundred crap makers who either sell cheap, have gone out of business, and we see these knives everywhere in bunches that we buy because we see a handfull of quality brands along side them.

China will make 100 bad knives for every quality knife but thats a very old worldwide story.

Like RR i'm sure Taylor will improve on quality if they want to survive, or they will just become an ok for the price knife, and the old slot for a good knife in the mid budget range ( LB7 or the like ) will be taken up by another Western company because there will be a gap in the market.
i have read that when production fisrt started in China the Schrade knives were very poor until there was a shake up, since things have improved and in time perhaps they will make knives on par with the USA made knives ??

Good brands have and will out source manufacturing to the east.......but only to factories that can maintain quality.

I can't see Buck/CRTK and the like, excepting bad materials and production on their watch without pulling the plug and starting again.

Lets wait and see, worst case is all of our old School knives will become priceless, but I have a little glimmer of faith that with quality control China will be making very very good knives before long.

The haters will still hate......but is that about the knives or something deeper ???
I fell in love with these RRR knives after I realized who designed them and the fact American quality control and management is present in this China factory!! ( beside the point they are all vintage designs!!) They make really good quality knives 95% equal to GEC!!! Now these Rose Craft Blade company near Knoxville is pulling along and also have good knives to offer...these are not $12 knives, but also don't cost you $125.....I am impressed, for sure!!
Alien883

Post by Alien883 »

steve99f wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:10 pm Just discovered this brand and model via a short article in Knife magazine recently. Thought I'd give it a shot at the MSRP indiciated. Received it yesterday. I ll let the pictures do the talking. I like it. However, I won't be buying anymore China knives for the political and economic reasons mention above.
Just got mine, absolutely love it....just a very tiny tad below RRR knives...well worth the price!!
And I do feel your thoughts, but we all waaaay to deep into the China economy buying trend to stop now over a 40 dollar knife...lol
steve99f

Post by steve99f »

I avoid Chinese products where I can but you're right, my new GE refrigerator isn't a GE. Where I have a choice, it isn't PRC.
steve99f
Alien883

Post by Alien883 »

ebrandwein wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:35 am Looks like it is made at the same factory that builds the RRR line. Very nice knife
You are correct, same factory where these RRR knives come from!! Makes sense, lol...the designer is the same guy...I think SMKW and Andy got into it so Andy, their knife designer left SMKW...he and another guy created this new brand, ROSECRAFT Blades, very close quality, fit and design compared to RRR....just a bit cheaper...I carry 2 of them so far...like them real well!!! :D
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Alien883 wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 3:07 am
ebrandwein wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:35 am Looks like it is made at the same factory that builds the RRR line. Very nice knife
You are correct, same factory where these RRR knives come from!! Makes sense, lol...the designer is the same guy...I think SMKW and Andy got into it so Andy, their knife designer left SMKW...he and another guy created this new brand, ROSECRAFT Blades, very close quality, fit and design compared to RRR....just a bit cheaper...I carry 2 of them so far...like them real well!!! :D
They have some new models coming out in June that look good. :)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Word spreads quickly, huh, cudgee.
I will likely take flack for saying this, but I for one am getting REALLY tired of the Chinese controversy coming up EVERY time a Chinese made KNIFE is posted, PLEASE guys, give it a rest.
When I read the title of this thread I got excited because just yesterday cudgee made me aware of these new Rosecraft KNIVES and I was looking forward to reading the comments and viewing any pictures because I find them attractive too, but then after only 1 comment about the KNIVES I'm faced with a big long tirade about Chinese politics, AGAIN! Nothing personal, Jon, you just happen to be the author this time, and it's not your comments I object to it's where they're posted. ::handshake::
There are threads dedicated to discussing these matters, and I wish that whenever someone is feeling sensitive about the state of things in this world they world pause and remember these threads and post their comments in them and stop ruining otherwise great posts about the KNIVES!
Some will say, "Aw, he's Canadian, what does he know", which is true, and being so haven't been subjected to Chinese politics nearly as much as you Americans have, nonetheless, I log-on daily to view and read about KNIVES, not politics, so please guys, post your comments in the appropriate threads.
I purposely capitalized the word KNIVES throughout my post in an effort to get my point across, this is about KNIVES people, not politics!
O.K., I've said my piece, bring it on!
8)
8)
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

There is a Sheepsfoot Barlow supposed to be coming out in June, i really like the look of it so depending on the Aus$ will seriously look at getting one. But the rear end has fallen out of our Dollar so might not be affordable. ::dang:: ::dang:: ::dang:: :lol: Looking at the photos Steve posted here they look really well made.
Alien883

Post by Alien883 »

cudgee wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 4:21 am
Alien883 wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 3:07 am
They have some new models coming out in June that look good. :)
Yes, I have seen that...guess I am on the fence of at least one ore even two of them...lol
Alien883

Post by Alien883 »

Madmarco wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 4:15 pm Word spreads quickly, huh, cudgee.
I will likely take flack for saying this, but I for one am getting REALLY tired of the Chinese controversy coming up EVERY time a Chinese made KNIFE is posted, PLEASE guys, give it a rest.
When I read the title of this thread I got excited because just yesterday cudgee made me aware of these new Rosecraft KNIVES and I was looking forward to reading the comments and viewing any pictures because I find them attractive too, but then after only 1 comment about the KNIVES I'm faced with a big long tirade about Chinese politics, AGAIN! Nothing personal, Jon, you just happen to be the author this time, and it's not your comments I object to it's where they're posted. ::handshake::
There are threads dedicated to discussing these matters, and I wish that whenever someone is feeling sensitive about the state of things in this world they world pause and remember these threads and post their comments in them and stop ruining otherwise great posts about the KNIVES!
Some will say, "Aw, he's Canadian, what does he know", which is true, and being so haven't been subjected to Chinese politics nearly as much as you Americans have, nonetheless, I log-on daily to view and read about KNIVES, not politics, so please guys, post your comments in the appropriate threads.
I purposely capitalized the word KNIVES throughout my post in an effort to get my point across, this is about KNIVES people, not politics!
O.K., I've said my piece, bring it on!
8)
Well said sir...its about knives!! And knives only...lol
And what should be of interest here in the first place is: how is it made, is it any good...does it have the looks...does it cut!!! Fit and finish....wouldn't that fix many arguments!??
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

EXACTLY, A883! ::handshake::
8)
8)
Alien883

Post by Alien883 »

I am very impressed with this brand...have 4 different ones now...solid quality, perfect fit and finish...lower priced then RRR...Easily compared to GEC!!
Corn Creek Cutlery
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Corn Creek Cutlery »

On the waiting list for the App Jack ... looks really nice! Always looking for quality KNIVES.
Tony .. https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/corncreekcutlery .. "We are a Qualified RoseCraft Blades Dealer"
It's only money .. give the Lord His .. pay the bills .. give the wife hers .. and buy yourself another knife.

Return to “Chinese-made knives”