Hair cut anyone? Western Style.

In 1911, H. N. Platts, was able to draw on his extensive friendships and family connections in the cutlery world to start Western States Cutlery and Manufacturing of Boulder Colorado. At first only a jobbing business, by 1920 construction and machinery purchases were underway to begin manufacture of knives. Through name changes--to Western States Cutlery Co. in 1953, then Western Cutlery Co. in 1956--and moves first across town and later to Longmont Colorado, the company stayed under the leadership of the Platt family until 1984. In that year, the company was sold to Coleman, becoming Coleman-Western. Eventually purchased by Camillus in 1991, Western continued until Camillus expired in 2007.
Thomasg

Hair cut anyone? Western Style.

Post by Thomasg »

Clippers
Clippers
Scissors
Scissors
Attachments
Clippers box
Clippers box
Thomasg

Re: Hair cut anyone? Western Style.

Post by Thomasg »

The clippers are inscribed on the inside of handle bison 00 on one side of handle the other side is inscribed western states cutlery & MFG co boulder colo . The scissors are inscribed western states federal quality border colo on one side . The other side # 71. On the bottom side off clipper box a faint Pencil marked price of 1 .10 cents .
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Hair cut anyone? Western Style.

Post by btrwtr »

I don't remember ever seeing the clippers before. Very cool items.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr

Return to “Western Cutlery Collector's Forum”