A Rough Ryder forum is needed

Tell us how we are doing, report problems, voice your concerns, and all that stuff... All input is appreciated and will be taken into consideration.
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: A Rough Ryder forum is needed

Post by edge213 »

A wise man on AAPK once told me "play nice or don't play", so I think I'll just move along..... :roll:
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Madmarco wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:00 pm
bigshot wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:24 pm There are 2,797 threads on Case knives. There are enough patterns and styles of Rough Ryders to support many, many threads.

Please go participate in a part of the forum where you can contribute constructively. Thank you.
FYI, David is a long-term well respected extremely knowledgeable member of this forum, and for you to show up here a short time ago and speak to him in such a disrespectful manner is totally unacceptable. Perhaps you're the one who should go somewhere else if you can't learn to fit in and accept things the way they are. A lot of thought and effort went into setting up this forum, and for you to show up and immediately try to arrange things the way you want them is not only ridiculous but extremely selfish as well. We all are aware that you think your ideas are so much better than anyone else's, but I can assure you you're the only one who thinks that. You've dug yourself quite a hole with all this Rough Rider nonsense, and at this point you'd be wise to see what you can do about repairing your damaged relationship on AAPK. A good start might be re-registering under a less presumptuous username and then simply participate in this forum instead of trying to change it. It's up to YOU! Mark! 8)
Excellent.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Dinadan
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Dinadan »

bigshot wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:24 pm There are 2,797 threads on Case knives. There are enough patterns and styles of Rough Ryders to support many, many threads.

Please go participate in a part of the forum where you can contribute constructively. Thank you.
Do you happen to own a mirror, Bigshot?
Mel
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

I just shared some of the posts on this thread with my wife. She responded, “Bless his little pea pickin’ heart!” ::rotflol:: ::clapping::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Looks like a certain someone's membership has been decommissioned . .. .. .
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
Beavertail

Post by Beavertail »

royal0014 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:49 am Looks like a certain someone's membership has been decommissioned . .. .. .
Good, now we can get back to enjoying this great knife forum. ::tu::
Tim
zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by zed6309 »

Beavertail wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:14 pm
royal0014 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:49 am Looks like a certain someone's membership has been decommissioned . .. .. .
Good ::tu::
Paul,

friendship is a rare and precious gift,
A day without a pocket knife is the day your need it,
Beavertail

Post by Beavertail »

zed6309 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:20 pm
Maybe he'll go to YouTube and tell them how to run it. :mrgreen:
Tim
zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by zed6309 »

Beavertail wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:48 pm
zed6309 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:20 pm

Maybe he'll go to YouTube and tell them how to run it. :mrgreen:
Or FB :lol:
Paul,

friendship is a rare and precious gift,
A day without a pocket knife is the day your need it,
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Too bad he was so full of himself and annoyingly so, he had potential for becoming a go to guy for info on Rough Ryder knives.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Would anyone know the exact reason he would be decommissioned? Would it be because of his rude comment to David, or just because he was an overall pest? ::shrug:: 8)
8)
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Can we now decommission this thread. ::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::clapping::
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

When Administrators have to spend a lot of time dealing with one person it kind of takes them away from their other duties. I received multiple complaints about him and when I send him a PM he responded by saying "Go away. Thank you."
At that point I know he obviously doesn't care about the rules of AAPK nor the members, he is all about himself and does not play well with others. It became apparent if you would not be here long-term and then his last few posts in this topic was the final straw.
Someone who only has been a member for 2 months and not even a supporting member at that does not dictate to the Forum Administration on how to run their own forum.

Wonder if he's tried Bladefourms yet? ::clapping::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Good work Dale.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
Beavertail

Post by Beavertail »

Madmarco wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:24 pm Would anyone know the exact reason he would be decommissioned? Would it be because of his rude comment to David, or just because he was an overall pest? ::shrug:: 8)
First, I think his username should have been an indication. Second, he came in here being a newbie and started telling everyone what was wrong with this forum. Plus he was very rude to David.
Tim
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

orvet wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:48 pm When Administrators have to spend a lot of time dealing with one person it kind of takes them away from their other duties. I received multiple complaints about him and when I send him a PM he responded by saying "Go away. Thank you."
At that point I know he obviously doesn't care about the rules of AAPK nor the members, he is all about himself and does not play well with others. It became apparent if you would not be here long-term and then his last few posts in this topic was the final straw.
Someone who only has been a member for 2 months and not even a supporting member at that does not dictate to the Forum Administration on how to run their own forum.

Wonder if he's tried Bladefourms yet? ::clapping::
Thanks Dale! That's pretty much how I read it but jus' wanted to be sure! It's funny, just yesterday I mentioned to another member that I wondered how many other forums he'd been booted out of before he landed here. He's a perfect candidate for Jerzzy Devils! :mrgreen: ! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Beavertail wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:53 pm
Madmarco wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:24 pm Would anyone know the exact reason he would be decommissioned? Would it be because of his rude comment to David, or just because he was an overall pest? ::shrug:: 8)
First, I think his username should have been an indication. Second, he came in here being a newbie and started telling everyone what was wrong with this forum. Plus he was very rude to David.
Thanks Tim, my thinking too! I actually remember when I read his username for the first time I thought, "who would choose such a handle, he must think pretty highly of himself!" So I guess the consensus is "overall pest!" 8)
8)
Beavertail

Post by Beavertail »

Madmarco wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:20 pm
Beavertail wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:53 pm
Thanks Tim, my thinking too! I actually remember when I read his username for the first time I thought, "who would choose such a handle, he must think pretty highly of himself!" So I guess the consensus is "overall pest!" 8)
Yep, when I saw his username and his first few posts, I thought to myself, "he's not going to last long here."
Tim
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Yeppers, and you were right Tim! 8)
8)
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

cudgee wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:44 pm Can we now decommission this thread. ::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::clapping::

Great idea cudgee!
I will lock it and it will slowly fade away. :mrgreen:
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan

Return to “Suggestions, Questions, Comments, Concerns, Alerts, Etc...”