Problem areas

Tell us how we are doing, report problems, voice your concerns, and all that stuff... All input is appreciated and will be taken into consideration.
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Problem areas

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

No doubt about it, AAPK is the greatest knife site on the internet. But that is not to say that there are a few areas that could use improvement or change. One item is the thread "Mystery Knife Game". When I am trying to do some research or doing a search for a picture of a particular brand and model of knife, I will get sometimes a hundred hits on the Mystery Knife Game thread where that particular brand of knife has been guessed at in the game. Not the kind of thing I want to spend time rummaging thru. Is there any way to exclude that thread when doing searches? I have deliberately never replied or posted in that thread for that reason, but you can only find so much by searching ones own posts.
Another one is posts like "Why I use ----------" (insert the name of a product or service). These are nothing more than testimonials, sales spiels, and ads, especially if they have a link to an outside website. Why are they here?
Posts where people are asking for help on the value of a knife and then say "I would like to sell it". At that point it is being offered for sale. Sometime this comes up from beginners who dont know what is going on from ignorance, but is also seen by people who have been on AAPK for years. Selling without a premium membership. I think many times it is done because they hope people will see the "AD" and will reply by PM to buy the knife before Bryan can take it down. People trying to cheat Bryan out of his fair share to keep the website in business.

Interested in your comments.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
gordonjohn

Re: Problem areas

Post by gordonjohn »

I agree with olde cutler about the Mystery Knife Game very hard to research , so for some newbees its out of our realm.

Return to “Suggestions, Questions, Comments, Concerns, Alerts, Etc...”