The latest release from Daniels Family Knife Brands

Tuna Valley Cutlery Co., Excelsior Knife Co., & Napanoch Knife Co. are three popular brands currently controlled by The Daniels family. These are old names that went dormant for years, but have since been brought back to life with modern offerings. This forum is here to discuss & show off knives & related items with brand names under the Daniels Family umbrella.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: The latest release from Daniels Family Knife Brands

Post by doglegg »

Indeed
Rookie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Rookie »

I like it too. A nice 3 inch knife, with single blade spear. A proto of the pattern was shown around last year at knife shows and overall it was a hit, both with men and women. I expect there will be other releases of this one with various handles.
Carl B.
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

After watching these recent releases, it has become very clear to me that Mammoth Mike's talents are unsurpassed. That knife is absolutely stunning and so are all of the other knives that I've seen made by him. Same goes for the other custom makers involved in the making of these Daniels Family knives.

If one of Ryan Daniels' goals was to help custom makers get their names out there, he couldn't have done a better job. Bravo!
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
Rookie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Rookie »

I agree. And you are right. Ryan's method of knifemaking is not to own a knife factory and train people to be knifemakers, but instead find knifemakers and collaborate with them to come up with new products, and help them promote and sell knives.
Carl B.
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Rookie wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:46 am I agree. And you are right. Ryan's method of knifemaking is not to own a knife factory and train people to be knifemakers, but instead find knifemakers and collaborate with them to come up with new products, and help them promote and sell knives.
That is a brilliant business model for today's cutlery industry. ::clapping::
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~
Rookie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Rookie »

Another new one, these are the Ranger Barlow knives under the Napanoch line. These are 3 inch barlow knives with spear and saw, available in either burnt stag or mammoth bark ivory.
Attachments
2023-napa-ranger-barlow-group-01lo.jpg
Carl B.
Rookie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Rookie »

This is the release of the group knife for the Slipjoint Exchange Facebook group. This Napanoch Knife Co. is called the Longneck Barlow, and was made in 4 different colors of Giraffe bone handles. Featuring a lambsfoot blade and caplifter, they were an exclusive for group members only.
Attachments
2023-slipjoint-barlow-giraffe-group-01lo.jpg
Carl B.
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Ever since this Daniels Family endeavor first started, from Tuna Valley to what are seeing now, I have not seen a single release that wasn't drop dead gorgeous.

After the heartbreaking demise of Queen Cutlery, the Daniel's Family could have easily put their tail between their legs and ran away, never to be heard from again. Instead, they started making knives of a type and quality that nobody ever expected. Metaphorically blowing us all away.

These are some of the most beautifully crafted knives I have ever seen. Every last one of them. You have to be a full-blooded, die-hard knife enthusiast to accomplish something like this after just having lost everything you were once so proud of.
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
Rookie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Rookie »

I agree these giraffe bone knives are just stunning. A lot of time, planning, and skill goes into creating something like these. I'm sure the group members who pre-ordered will be thrilled.
Carl B.
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Rookie wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:56 am they were an exclusive for group members only.
WHAT!!! ::uc:: Oh man, how do I join...where do I sign up? :lol: That is a real beauty ::nod:: Clearly, membership has its privileges. ::nod::

~Q~
Rookie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Rookie »

I admit, even though I'm a group member, I passed on the sign-up sheet since it isn't a Tuna Valley. After seeing the knives, I kind of wish I had ordered one!
Carl B.
Rookie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Rookie »

From the Titusville Cutlery brand, this is the Little Rybug Barlow, measuring 3 inches closed, and handled in beautiful genuine burnt stag.
Attachments
2023-Titusville-LittleRybug-Stag-01lo.jpg
Carl B.
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Rookie wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:17 pm From the Titusville Cutlery brand, this is the Little Rybug Barlow, measuring 3 inches closed, and handled in beautiful genuine burnt stag.
I like these a lot .
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
Rookie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Rookie »

Here is a new release from the Cultured Artistry Collection. This is a Tuna Valley Cutlery brand knife with handles by Mammoth Mike. Only 25 of these knives were made in the Phoenix Jack pattern, and they feature crosscut mammoth ivory handles, along with fluted nickel silver bolsters.
Attachments
2023-TunaValley-PhoenixJack-Croscut-lo.jpg
Carl B.
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

That's my favorite Tuna Valley pattern and what gorgeous Mammoth handles! Wow...only 25 lucky "golden ticket" owners will be able to get one. Looks like I'm out of luck :(

~Q~
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Rookie wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:57 am I admit, even though I'm a group member, I passed on the sign-up sheet since it isn't a Tuna Valley. After seeing the knives, I kind of wish I had ordered one!
In my opinion, any knife that these people release are the finest produced factory run knives out there. And that is my opinion only, i will never even have the opportunity the see one i person because of my location, they just look so well made. Keep posting any new release photos please, i just love looking at the photos posted. ::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds:: ::tu::
Rookie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Rookie »

cudgee wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:26 pm
Rookie wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:57 am I admit, even though I'm a group member, I passed on the sign-up sheet since it isn't a Tuna Valley. After seeing the knives, I kind of wish I had ordered one!
In my opinion, any knife that these people release are the finest produced factory run knives out there. And that is my opinion only, i will never even have the opportunity the see one i person because of my location, they just look so well made. Keep posting any new release photos please, i just love looking at the photos posted. ::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds:: ::tu::
I will definitely keep showing their new releases. I also have quite a few prototypes that I need to photo for my Tuna Valley Photography thread. I just haven't taken the time to document them all. Maybe this weekend I can get a start on that.
Carl B.
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Rookie wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:13 pm
I will definitely keep showing their new releases. I also have quite a few prototypes that I need to photo for my Tuna Valley Photography thread. I just haven't taken the time to document them all. Maybe this weekend I can get a start on that.
Take your time and spread them out, gives me something to look forward to. :lol: :lol: :lol: ::nod::
Rookie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Rookie »

cudgee wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:15 am

Take your time and spread them out, gives me something to look forward to. :lol: :lol: :lol: ::nod::
I'm going to start posting photos of a lot of my knives more often in my Tuna Valley photography thread.
viewtopic.php?f=84&t=46857&start=322
Carl B.
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Rookie wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 3:19 pm
cudgee wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:15 am

I'm going to start posting photos of a lot of my knives more often in my Tuna Valley photography thread.
viewtopic.php?f=84&t=46857&start=322
Looking forward to them. ::tu::
Rookie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Rookie »

The newest release from the Tuna Valley brand was just announced. Continuing on with our popular Phoenix Jack series, this new variation has mammoth ivory handles, and 1095 high carbon Damascus blades. Only 60 were made.
Attachments
2023-tuna-phoenix-mammoth-damascus-01lo.jpg
Carl B.
Rookie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Rookie »

This is the new exclusive release from dealer JSR Wyandot Frontier Knives. Showcasing the American Redsmith Series with copper bolsters, this is the Old Man Jack pattern with a lambsfoot blade, and oiled elk handles. Only 30 knives were made.
Attachments
2023-titusville-omj-redsmith-elk-01lo.jpg
Carl B.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Absolutely WOW, Carl, those are nothing short of stunning! ::uc::
I hope we see more knives with copper bolsters, I'm liking how they make a knife look. ::nod::
8)
8)
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Rookie wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:19 pm This is the new exclusive release from dealer JSR Wyandot Frontier Knives. Showcasing the American Redsmith Series with copper bolsters, this is the Old Man Jack pattern with a lambsfoot blade, and oiled elk handles. Only 30 knives were made.
The bolsters and handles are awesome, but I don't like the blade shape.
A spear point would be great.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
Rookie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Rookie »

This is the newest release under the Titusville Cutlery line. The Little Man Jack, featuring handles by Mammoth Mike. Only 25 were made with the blue crosscut mammoth ivory.
Attachments
2023-titusville-little-man-blue-crosscut-lo.jpg
Carl B.

Return to “Daniels Family Knife Brands Forum”