Tuna Valley Picture Show

Tuna Valley Cutlery Co., Excelsior Knife Co., & Napanoch Knife Co. are three popular brands currently controlled by The Daniels family. These are old names that went dormant for years, but have since been brought back to life with modern offerings. This forum is here to discuss & show off knives & related items with brand names under the Daniels Family umbrella.
Rookie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Tuna Valley Picture Show

Post by Rookie »

Here is a rare one I haven't shown before in this thread. Just took these photos today. Rare 1906 Tuna Valley, made in Germany, and sold by Case here in the US.
Attachments
1906-tuna-pearl-bolster2-lo.jpg
1906-tuna-pearl-bolster-lo.jpg
Carl B.
Rookie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Rookie »

I set up a shot of all 7 varieties of the Carpenter Whittler. Pretty neat lineup.
Attachments
2016-tuna-carpenter-group-lo.jpg
Carl B.
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Rookie wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:18 am I set up a shot of all 7 varieties of the Carpenter Whittler. Pretty neat lineup.
Yes indeed...Beautiful knives and beautiful photo! Happy for you, Rookie (but also deeply envious :mrgreen: )
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~
Rookie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Rookie »

QTCut5 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:48 am Yes indeed...Beautiful knives and beautiful photo! Happy for you, Rookie (but also deeply envious :mrgreen: )
Thanks Q. I only got the Timekeeper one about a month ago. I'd been on the hunt for that one for a while.
Carl B.
Rookie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Rookie »

2021 Phoenix Jack in Amber Stag with 154CM steel.
Attachments
2021-tv-phoenix-amber-154-01-lo.jpg
2021-tv-phoenix-amber-154-02-lo.jpg
Carl B.
Rookie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Rookie »

Photos of my newest Tuna Valley. These just came out, the 1st release of the new barlow pattern Old Man Norman.
Attachments
2021-norman-burl-01-BF.jpg
2021-norman-burl-02-BF.jpg
Carl B.
tunefink

Post by tunefink »

I am looking forward to the stag release!
Rookie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Rookie »

I think the mammoth will be coming up next.
Carl B.
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Rookie wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:20 pm Photos of my newest Tuna Valley. These just came out, the 1st release of the new barlow pattern Old Man Norman.
Beautiful Barlow! ::tu::
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
Rookie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Rookie »

Here is some photos of my new mammoth ivory barlow.
Attachments
2021-norman-mammoth-01-lo.jpg
2021-norman-mammoth-02-lo.jpg
Carl B.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Wow!!! Lovely. Congrats. ::nod::
Rookie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Rookie »

doglegg wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:19 am Wow!!! Lovely. Congrats. ::nod::
Thanks!
Carl B.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Those are awesome! ::tu:: ::tu::

How's Ryan doing?
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Rookie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Rookie »

1967redrider wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:39 pm Those are awesome! ::tu:: ::tu::

How's Ryan doing?
Thanks!

Ryan is doing very good. Very busy. He's hoping there are more knife shows next year and he can get out to see people.
Carl B.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Rookie wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:55 pm
1967redrider wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:39 pm Those are awesome! ::tu:: ::tu::

How's Ryan doing?
Thanks!

Ryan is doing very good. Very busy. He's hoping there are more knife shows next year and he can get out to see people.

Him and me, both! I always stop by to chat with him at the Shenandoah Valley show, it's a fun time.

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Rookie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Rookie »

1967redrider wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:19 pm Him and me, both! I always stop by to chat with him at the Shenandoah Valley show, it's a fun time.
I'm hoping to hit a few shows with him next year. He asked me to bring my knife collection and set up on 1 of his tables to show the history of the Tuna Valley line of knives.
Carl B.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Rookie wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:29 pm
1967redrider wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:19 pm Him and me, both! I always stop by to chat with him at the Shenandoah Valley show, it's a fun time.
I'm hoping to hit a few shows with him next year. He asked me to bring my knife collection and set up on 1 of his tables to show the history of the Tuna Valley line of knives.

Hope to see you at the Shenandoah Valley show! ::tu::

QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Rookie wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:29 pm He asked me to bring my knife collection and set up on 1 of his tables to show the history of the Tuna Valley line of knives.
Cool, Rookie...sure wish I could go to that show. Please be sure to take some photos to post on AAPK for all us poor souls who can't go see the show in person. ::pray::

Sweet Old Man Norman Barlow...the Mammoth is amazing. ::nod::

~Q~
Rookie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Rookie »

[/quote]
Cool, Rookie...sure wish I could go to that show. Please be sure to take some photos to post on AAPK for all us poor souls who can't go see the show in person. ::pray::

Sweet Old Man Norman Barlow...the Mammoth is amazing. ::nod::
[/quote]

I'll be sure to share photos whenever I get out to any knife shows. A lot of them were cancelled this past spring/summer/fall, and all of them were cancelled in 2020. Hoping 2022 is better.

These are photos from the Tuna Valley display I set up at the Massillon, OH show this past May. Not all my Tuna's, but a good chunk of them. Since all the knives sell out quickly, they don't have examples of all the past work they have done. So I am the official representative of the "house collection", which allows collectors to see what has been made over the past 15 years.
Attachments
01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg
Carl B.
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Rookie wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:11 pm These are photos from the Tuna Valley display I set up at the Massillon, OH show this past May. Not all my Tuna's, but a good chunk of them. Since all the knives sell out quickly, they don't have examples of all the past work they have done. So I am the official representative of the "house collection", which allows collectors to see what has been made over the past 15 years.
Oh, man-oh-man, those are unbelievably beautiful knives. ::drool:: 8) ::tu::

Please be sure to let me know when you have set a date for a show in Hawaii; if you need a venue, you're welcome to use my garage ::nod:: (it would undoubtedly be the incentive my wife's been looking for to get me to finally clean it out!) :lol:

~Q~
Rookie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Rookie »

QTCut5 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:34 pm
Rookie wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:11 pm These are photos from the Tuna Valley display I set up at the Massillon, OH show this past May. Not all my Tuna's, but a good chunk of them. Since all the knives sell out quickly, they don't have examples of all the past work they have done. So I am the official representative of the "house collection", which allows collectors to see what has been made over the past 15 years.
Oh, man-oh-man, those are unbelievably beautiful knives. ::drool:: 8) ::tu::

Please be sure to let me know when you have set a date for a show in Hawaii; if you need a venue, you're welcome to use my garage ::nod:: (it would undoubtedly be the incentive my wife's been looking for to get me to finally clean it out!) :lol:
ooo Hawaii, my wife would love that. Never been there. I'll have to arrange something ::tu::
Carl B.
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Rookie, I'm curious how you transport all your knives when you take them to shows...do you drive or fly? Reason I ask is because I remember reading years ago about Ken Onion "losing" a bunch of prototypes he had made and was taking to the mainland for a show but they "mysteriously disappeared" from his checked luggage. Apparently, the airline wouldn't allow them in his carry-on so he had to put them in his checked baggage which was "lost in transit" and never seen again....something like $15,000 worth of knives!) :shock:

~Q~
Rookie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Rookie »

QTCut5 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:46 pm Rookie, I'm curious how you transport all your knives when you take them to shows...do you drive or fly? Reason I ask is because I remember reading years ago about Ken Onion "losing" a bunch of prototypes he had made and was taking to the mainland for a show but they "mysteriously disappeared" from his checked luggage. Apparently, the airline wouldn't allow them in his carry-on so he had to put them in his checked baggage which was "lost in transit" and never seen again....something like $15,000 worth of knives!) :shock:
I have a bunch of knife rolls that I put them into for easy transport. But I have always driven to shows. I live near Titusville, PA, so it limits the amount of shows I can easily get to . Pennsylvania, Ohio, Tennessee, Kentucky, Virginia are about as far as I ever go.

That would be my worst fear flying, is losing something valuable in luggage. Clothes and such don't matter, but I would go insane if I lost my Tuna collection that has taken a lot of money and over 10 years to collect.
Carl B.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

::oh_my:: ::oh_my:: ::oh_my:: ::oh_my::
Very sweet display!!! ::tu:: ::tu:: 😎

Faded

Post by Faded »

Rookie wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:20 pm Photos of my newest Tuna Valley. These just came out, the 1st release of the new barlow pattern Old Man Norman.
Took the plunge on one of these myself. Looks nearly identical to the GEC 85 pattern which is a great user. If it’s all I hope it to be I expect there’ll be a safe queen stag in my future as well.

Return to “Daniels Family Knife Brands Forum”