Cigar Congress

Tuna Valley Cutlery Co., Excelsior Knife Co., & Napanoch Knife Co. are three popular brands currently controlled by The Daniels family. These are old names that went dormant for years, but have since been brought back to life with modern offerings. This forum is here to discuss & show off knives & related items with brand names under the Daniels Family umbrella.
Earl

Cigar Congress

Post by Earl »

I'm on the fence with the dimpled bolsters,doesn't work with the federal shield imho. Not sure what shield would work but none would have been a better option jmho

Thoughts?
knifegirl888

Re: Cigar Congress

Post by knifegirl888 »

I actually like it a lot. I don't know if anyone else has done that dimpled bolster look & I think it stands out. 30 years from now, I can see someone just bidding up a storm on ebay to get a knife like that because it is out of the ordinary...
"Making miracles is hard work, most people give up before they happen." - Sheryl Crow
big monk

Post by big monk »

Earl wrote:I'm on the fence with the dimpled bolsters,doesn't work with the federal shield imho. Not sure what shield would work but none would have been a better option jmho

Thoughts?

I liked the ""original"" better (JMHO) :) ____ I'm not much on any kind of "embellishment"" though ::shrug:: __ I never want a knife,that is to nice to carry,should I decide,to pull it out of the collection ??????___but again,that's just me :)
Attachments
Tuna Valley #2402 Blood Red Bone.jpg
Tuna Valley #1402 Brazillion Cherry Wood.jpg
Tuna Valley #5402 Burnt Stag.jpg
I'm not young enough,____to know everything !!!!!!!!!!!!

MONK****
biglmbass

Post by biglmbass »

Though I don't own one, I liked the originals better too. ::nod::
wlf

Post by wlf »

I don't buy these to use.I've got lots of knives for that.So with me ,the fancier the better.I want all the bells and whistles.
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
paulsvintage

Post by paulsvintage »

::nod:: nice Monk ! you got great taste..........
Never Argue With a idiot
They'll bring you down to their level & beat you with experience
PAUL

Return to “Daniels Family Knife Brands Forum”