Former Daniels Family Line ~ Queen Classics ~ Show Find

Tuna Valley Cutlery Co., Excelsior Knife Co., & Napanoch Knife Co. are three popular brands currently controlled by The Daniels family. These are old names that went dormant for years, but have since been brought back to life with modern offerings. This forum is here to discuss & show off knives & related items with brand names under the Daniels Family umbrella.
danielsfamilyknives

Former Daniels Family Line ~ Queen Classics ~ Show Find

Post by danielsfamilyknives »

I was walking through the show trying to find some Sunday deals and I look down in the case and this what laid. This is a Blue Celluloid Queen Classic Canoe. This was the first line of knives The Daniels Family did right after I finished high school. We did limited runs and try to use killer stag when we could because nobody was doing this at the time. Does that sound familar? Yes this was the stepping stone line of knives that lead to the start of Great Eastern Cutlery. We did several cool patterns with bones, celluliods, ann defently Stag & Red Stag. So I was hoping we could some pictures if anybody has these out there. I will try to track some down.

Ryan Daniels
Tuna Valley Cutlery Co.
www.danielsfamilyknives.com
Attachments
IMG_0117.JPG
IMG_0118.JPG
IMG_0119.JPG
carvin don
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Former Daniels Family Line ~ Queen Classics ~ Show Find

Post by carvin don »

Would this happen to be one that you all produced?
IMG_1306.JPG
IMG_1307.JPG
IMG_1310.jpg
Don
chautauqua

Post by chautauqua »

are u sure they made any out of real cell as i have a couple of the canoes and they claimed they were made from casein which looks like cell but is inert and doesnt gas made out, it was made from curds cows milk
my avatar is what happened the last time someone tried to sell me a bogus knife
danielsfamilyknives

Post by danielsfamilyknives »

Yes we did some in casien but the canoe above is blue cellulioid. I remeber we bouht a big box of it all different kinds I think there was glittler stripe, waterfall, candy strip, & christmas tree. I know there were several 1 of 2's and 3's when we did that.
johnny twoshoes

Post by johnny twoshoes »

This is really awesome to see. ::tu::
I guess everybody has to start somewhere and seeing the Daniels family first knife, thats pretty awesome.

A lot has happened since those first knives, huh Ryan?

Thanks for sharing this with us and continuing in your knife journey, it's been a fun process to watch. ::tu::
Keystone

Post by Keystone »

I have two queen classic swing guards - with "celluloid" on the blade etch ; one in green swirland one in chocolate swirl. My seller said they were NOT celluloid, but casein. I am nervous and have them n display case with some other very nice queen swing guards, but covered in vacuum sealed bags.

Seeking help?
1.Are these knives cellulid and in danger of destructive vapors, or are they casein (which seems to have a better rep)?

2. Any idea when these knives were made and how many were in the edition? - I know there were also yellow and blue swirls but I have never seen them.

Thank you very much.
Dan
Learning, Not ignorance, is bliss.

Do Good
Dan

Return to “Daniels Family Knife Brands Forum”