Buried a Good Friend Today

This forum is to share stories that are meaningful, or entertaining. The posts can be original stories, stories passed down in a family or a region, they could be based on a person's experience, childhood, or basically on anything. They could even be fictional, or humorous, so long as they are stories.
Working Edge

Buried a Good Friend Today

Post by Working Edge »

Max was my best friend's 16 year old little black dog, who passed away today after declining rapidly over the past several days.

Instead of leaving Max's body with the veterinarian to be disposed of, my friend and his wife of 28 years culminated their loving commitment to Max by electing to lovingly bury Max in their yard at home, and I helped with the burial, along with three other folks, who also call this man and his wife their best friends.

This man and his wife are also our Pastors, both of whom deeply care about us, their flock, and both of whom are constantly serving us and shepherding us, their flock, 7 days per week, 365 days per year.

It comes as no surprise then, that when Max passed, we all stood with our Pastors as we shared a momentary burden of grief.
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is peace, and although we for a moment shed tears, we stand comforted by the knowledge that we will meet Max again in Heaven.

In the meantime, here on Earth, we serve and support each other, members of the Body of Christ, in agape love as taught to us and commanded us by Jesus Christ.

R.I.P. Max, and God bless our Pastors..!

Mark
Praise the Lord,
Pass the ammunition
XX Case XX

Re: Buried a Good Friend Today

Post by XX Case XX »

Very sorry to hear of Max's passing. I will offer prayers for him tonight. I certainly hope I see all my Dogs again in Heaven, because if they don't go there...

"If there are no Dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went". Will Rogers

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
Working Edge

Post by Working Edge »

Yessir....
I get it....
Thanks so much for your prayers, much appreciated..!!
Maybe a prayer for the two Pastors?
Thanks again,
Mark
Praise the Lord,
Pass the ammunition
Samb

Post by Samb »

XX Case XX wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:38 am Very sorry to hear of Max's passing. I will offer prayers for him tonight. I certainly hope I see all my Dogs again in Heaven, because if they don't go there...

XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

Working Edge wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 1:34 am Maybe a prayer for the two Pastors?
Yes Mark. Absolutely. Inconsiderate on my part to not include them as well. I stand corrected.

tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

R.I.P., Max. I am afraid I too will have to post later this afternoon.
Working Edge

Post by Working Edge »

XX Case XX wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:13 pm
Working Edge wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 1:34 am Maybe a prayer for the two Pastors?
Yes Mark. Absolutely. Inconsiderate on my part to not include them as well. I stand corrected.

God bless Y'all...!
Mark
Praise the Lord,
Pass the ammunition
TPK

Post by TPK »

It's so sad when we lose a pet. ::facepalm::
::pray:: sent
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
Working Edge

Post by Working Edge »

TPK wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 5:58 pm It's so sad when we lose a pet. ::facepalm::
::pray:: sent
Thank you for your prayers, much appreciated...!!
::handshake::
Praise the Lord,
Pass the ammunition
just bob

Post by just bob »

So sorry for your loss. I lost my best friend within the last year as well. I know the grief you are experiencing. It eases with time. I saw the movie Call Of The Wild this weekend and was reminded that dogs are special creations. They have an ability to bond with humans in a way that no other kindred spirit can. You can forget all of that stuff about apes and how closely we are related.. A dog can actually be a real friend, know your thoughts, and ease your discomfort when the going is hard. I hope we see our furry friends again on the other side. Let us all work to eliminate cruelty towards animals so long as the Lord gives us breath.
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
Working Edge

Post by Working Edge »

just bob wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 2:16 pm So sorry for your loss. I lost my best friend within the last year as well. I know the grief you are experiencing. It eases with time. I saw the movie Call Of The Wild this weekend and was reminded that dogs are special creations. They have an ability to bond with humans in a way that no other kindred spirit can. You can forget all of that stuff about apes and how closely we are related.. A dog can actually be a real friend, know your thoughts, and ease your discomfort when the going is hard. I hope we see our furry friends again on the other side. Let us all work to eliminate cruelty towards animals so long as the Lord gives us breath.
Amen..!
Praise the Lord,
Pass the ammunition
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

Here's something that might make us all feel better...

"If there are no Dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went". Will Rogers

TPK

Post by TPK »

XX Case XX wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:41 pm Here's something that might make us all feel better...

TPK

Post by TPK »

just bob wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 2:16 pm So sorry for your loss. I lost my best friend within the last year as well. I know the grief you are experiencing. It eases with time. I saw the movie Call Of The Wild this weekend and was reminded that dogs are special creations. They have an ability to bond with humans in a way that no other kindred spirit can. You can forget all of that stuff about apes and how closely we are related.. A dog can actually be a real friend, know your thoughts, and ease your discomfort when the going is hard. I hope we see our furry friends again on the other side. Let us all work to eliminate cruelty towards animals so long as the Lord gives us breath.
Well said! ::tu:: ::hmm:: And Goooo Sea Shepherd! ::super_happy:: ::nod::
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

MechanicalBear

Post by MechanicalBear »

Working Edge wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:24 pm Max was my best friend's 16 year old little black dog, who passed away today after declining rapidly over the past several days.

Instead of leaving Max's body with the veterinarian to be disposed of, my friend and his wife of 28 years culminated their loving commitment to Max by electing to lovingly bury Max in their yard at home, and I helped with the burial, along with three other folks, who also call this man and his wife their best friends.

This man and his wife are also our Pastors, both of whom deeply care about us, their flock, and both of whom are constantly serving us and shepherding us, their flock, 7 days per week, 365 days per year.

It comes as no surprise then, that when Max passed, we all stood with our Pastors as we shared a momentary burden of grief.
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is peace, and although we for a moment shed tears, we stand comforted by the knowledge that we will meet Max again in Heaven.

In the meantime, here on Earth, we serve and support each other, members of the Body of Christ, in agape love as taught to us and commanded us by Jesus Christ.

R.I.P. Max, and God bless our Pastors..!

Mark
I know I am late, but I am so sorry about your friend's dog. I know Max is in heaven looking down on them right now. I have never bought into the whole "dogs don't have a soul" thing. I have only met a couple of people in my short life that had as good a soul or a better soul than a dog. My deceased grandmother, my mother, my father, my brother, and my uncle are some of them. They have (had for my grandmother) a better soul than any dog I have ever met. I will keep Max's owners in my prayers.
Working Edge

Post by Working Edge »

Thank you for your prayers, much appreciated...!
Our Pastors are handling their loss really well and doing fine, thanks to their faith in the Lord and the many prayers coming their way.
Totally agree with what you wrote about canine souls..!! ::handshake::
Praise the Lord,
Pass the ammunition
MechanicalBear

Post by MechanicalBear »

Working Edge wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:46 pm Thank you for your prayers, much appreciated...!
Our Pastors are handling their loss really well and doing fine, thanks to their faith in the Lord and the many prayers coming their way.
Hey, I'm sorry I did not see your reply until now. Also, I'm glad they are handling the situation well :D.
Working Edge

Post by Working Edge »

MechanicalBear wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:50 pm
Working Edge wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:46 pm Thank you for your prayers, much appreciated...!
Hey, I'm sorry I did not see your reply until now. Also, I'm glad they are handling the situation well :D.
Thank you, MechanicalBear, much appreciated..!!!
Praise the Lord,
Pass the ammunition

Return to “Mostly True Stories”