Memorial Day

This forum is to share stories that are meaningful, or entertaining. The posts can be original stories, stories passed down in a family or a region, they could be based on a person's experience, childhood, or basically on anything. They could even be fictional, or humorous, so long as they are stories.
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Re: Memorial Day

Post by Paladin »

Charlie's note led me to go back and re-read Phil's original story. It is so touching it just brings tears to my eyes.
Again I say, RIP Steven. ::pray::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
Chase
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Chase »

Ray,

I agree wholeheartedly! Great story, sad ending and yes we are Blessed by all that have paid the Ultimate Sacrifice.

I too was brought to tears

Thank you for sharing that story Phil

Tom
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

philco wrote:Jerry my grandmother called it "Decoration Day" until the day she died. I think it's a term that has gone out of vogue now but was once in common use.
......phil, just ran across this and read all of it(with tears)..what a great story, thanks for posting it!!!.............. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: .......................
sam eib

Post by sam eib »

Really touched me! Thanks for the post, easy to forget what our military does for our freedoms.
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Phil's opening post back in 2012 and Charlie's follow up this year cause me to just sit and think of all the stories of such special patriots that should be told.
We have much to be grateful and thankful for in this great land. God's grace and mercy and young men like Stephen Mathew McGovern.
Semper Fi
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.

Return to “Mostly True Stories”