ROBO DOG ejects!!!

This forum is to share stories that are meaningful, or entertaining. The posts can be original stories, stories passed down in a family or a region, they could be based on a person's experience, childhood, or basically on anything. They could even be fictional, or humorous, so long as they are stories.
zp4ja

ROBO DOG ejects!!!

Post by zp4ja »

True story, believe it or not.

Local canine cop has a German Shepard that liked to chew on things harder than his teeth could take. Off duty on rocks, on duty on the back of the cop car old third brake light in the rear window and what have you. Jacked his grill up as a result. Not a drug dog but a canine cop so his canine teeth were important to his duty and the whole additional "bear your teeth and the suspect and he will probaly not resist" deal. Anyway, no bullshit, the doogy dentist gave him some metal crowns or some type of metal implants, titanium probably, for the upper and lower canine fangs. Now he has a partial metal grill. Hence ROBO DOG was born. Named after ROBOCOP if you haven't figured that out already. I knew the cop and I saw the dog, fangs looked pretty bad ass.

Anyway, these dogs are trained that when the back door is opened by the cop by some sort of key remote, time to go to work. I guess even if the door pops open at 50 miles an hour!
Lights and sirens, about 50 mph, I am gassing up at the local station. Turn to watch the cop go by like every other dumbass would and the rear door opens and out comes ROBO DOG. Ball of fur rolling to a stop and luckily not end over end. Dog gets up dazed and runs towards the station. Women are screaming and hopping in their cars. Cop realizes what happened and swings around and calls his dog and off they go on the call. Except for some minor bruises and road rash, he was no worse for the wear.

He served his city proudly for about 5 more years and eventually succumbed to cancer.
That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who leaves the world better than he found it; who never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in other's and gave the best he had.
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: ROBO DOG ejects!!!

Post by philco »

Great story Jerry. It's a shame you couldn't have captured that on video. Of course it reminds me of something that happened to me once.
I used to have a long haired shepherd dog who loved to ride in the bed of my truck. One day I pulled out from the little road I live on headed toward town. I met a friend of mine pulling out from his driveway just up the road. Just being silly, I swerved over into his lane momentarily then back into my own. I might have been going 30 MPH at the time. All at once I see my buddy who is headed toward me lock up his brakes and come to a halt. I then realized that when I'd swerved my truck ole "Smiley" had been caught off balance and had rolled out of the truck and onto the highway. By the time I looked she was already up and running to catch up with me. John, my friend, had seen the whole thing unfold and had slammed on his brakes to keep from running over her. When I looked back up at him, he was laughing so hard I thought he was going to hurt himself. Smiley survived without so much as a scratch. It didn't even dampen her love for riding in the truck.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009

Return to “Mostly True Stories”