sad story about a puma

This forum is to share stories that are meaningful, or entertaining. The posts can be original stories, stories passed down in a family or a region, they could be based on a person's experience, childhood, or basically on anything. They could even be fictional, or humorous, so long as they are stories.
HiPower

sad story about a puma

Post by HiPower »

years ago we were cleaning carpets in a assisted living facility in ft.worth. i had my puma model 941 lockback in use clearing out the intake ports of the steam machine & an elederly gentleman hobbled up on crutches. he re marked that i was using a real good knife & i haNDED IT TO HIM FOR his apprisal.it was a stag handled beauty & he handled it a little & handed it back. i asked him if he had other problems other than the hip joints & he replyed that really his placement in the facility was mainly due to his children desiring to be free of helping take care of him. when i inquired as to himself ever getting bored he remarked that every now & then he hobbled off to catch a bus downtown where he got a bottle of whiskey & sat in a park watching life going on around the area. he said they sent orderlies out & usually he was on his way back to the home by late afternoon.this man's mind was fine & he was a very nice gentleman; i wondered what type of society we had become that we shuttled off our slightly infirm parents so life could be a little more uncomplicated for ourselves. ---HiPower
HiPower
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: sad story about a puma

Post by philco »

Hi Power I totally agree with you. We have become a society who values convienience and self above all else. Not only do we warehouse our old folks, we slaughter the unborn for convienience sake as well. I don't think God is too pleased with us either.

Phil
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009

Return to “Mostly True Stories”