Fishin' Story

This forum is to share stories that are meaningful, or entertaining. The posts can be original stories, stories passed down in a family or a region, they could be based on a person's experience, childhood, or basically on anything. They could even be fictional, or humorous, so long as they are stories.
Jigslinger

Fishin' Story

Post by Jigslinger »

About 20 years ago my fishing partner and I did a three day trip through the Trough on the South Branch of the Potomac River here in WV. It is an absolutely stunning float visually and one I used to take at least once every year or two. Much more crowded with floaters and polluted from chicken plant runoff these days so I haven't done it in several years. After fishing the third day we came to the take-out, paddled the canoe to shore, and set about unloading our gear. There was a family there enjoying the river but they were downstream several yards from us. Once we got the gear out of the canoe we hefted the boat and carried it up to the road to put in on the truck. We leaned it against a fencepost temporarily, bumping it. I set about loading gear into the truck and I heard my buddy exclaim in a very loud, excited voice (and I'll never forget the exact words!), "Oh my God son, they're on me!!!!" Now I never saw Bob Beamon do the long jump or triple jump or whatever, but no Olympian performed it better than my buddy that day. We were at least twenty yards from the river and I swear he splashed mightily into it after only three jumps. I was rolling on the ground in hysterical laughter and after I got my composure back I went over and checked that fencepost. On the backside was a very large yellow-jacket nest inhabited by a bunch of angry insects. I bet that family is still talking about that day- I sure am. And that's not my only encounter with those ornery critters.
"A bad knife cuts one's finger instead of the stick."
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Fishin' Story

Post by orvet »

Great story Jig!
Reminds me of several of my own adventures in fishing.............................. :lol:
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Ouch!!!!!
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
junebug

Post by junebug »

::super_happy:: ::super_happy::
"Because tellin' people , i like having a SPYDIEHOLE sounds sooo much better than a THUMBHOLE"
- Junebug 2016

Return to “Mostly True Stories”