ebay buyers

This forum is to share stories that are meaningful, or entertaining. The posts can be original stories, stories passed down in a family or a region, they could be based on a person's experience, childhood, or basically on anything. They could even be fictional, or humorous, so long as they are stories.
just bob

Re: ebay buyers

Post by just bob »

My true story from last year is that I sold one of those Case 45 pattern camp knives from the 1980's for $18 - I think. It was rougher than a cob and I listed it that way with obvious wear and scratches. The guy that bought it emailed right away and said he was not happy and that he had found better knives laying along side the road. I told him to return the knife and he would be given a 100% refund including shipping both ways. He responded that he wanted to keep the knife but expected me to refund $10 to him because in his opinion the knife was only worth $8 and if I didn't do that he would leave me the feedback I richly deserved. I responded that I did not issue partial refunds and that his threat to use bad feedback for a lower purchase price was a violation of Ebay policy and that I was forwarding all of his emails concerning this purchase to Ebay for their investigation. It worked, never heard anymore from the guy and never got bad feedback. A few weeks later I was looking through the listings and this same seller had the knife relisted. Funny, he didn't describe it as something you might find laying on the side of the road, but rather a well made, quality knife that had seen better days. I think he ended up getting $25 or so for it. If I would have sent him the $10 he would have made out like a bandit and maybe that was his intention all along? So much trouble for so few dollars. 5% of the people cause 95% of the world's problem. I told my kids as they were growing up to try very hard not to become a part of the 5%.
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
junebug

Post by junebug »

here is one i listed elsewhere but this GOOB BUYER story belongs here....lolol

I GET SOME REAL LOO-LOO'S.....LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
EMAIL EXCHANGE BETWEEN ME(SELLER) AND A EBAY BUYER.

HIM
Hi, I am looking at this picture (HE SENDS ME A PIC AND LINK OF MY OWN ITEM ON EBAY)

AND THIS LINK THAT DONT WORK FROM THE INTERNET:
http:/www.kcbd.com/story/10369871/how-to-perf ... verter-box

The remote looks different. Are you sure it will work on this converter? I need to perform a channel scan, and cannot do so without a remote.

ME
HELLO...
ALL I STATE IS IT IS "DIGITAL STREAM" BRAND... I DO NOT SAY WHAT IT WILL AND WONT WORK, I HAVE NO MODEL NUMBER LISTED, JUST BRAND...
ALSO YOUR LINK DOES NOT WORK....??????? DIFFERENT THAN WHAT? WHAT CONVERTER????
SORRY YOU LOST ME???????????? I AM SELLING A REMOTE ONLY I DO NOT KNOW WHAT MODELS IT WORKS FOR
THANKS!

HIM
Just checked my link, it works ... My concern is that the picture has a different shape remote.
All I want to ensure is that the remote will be compatible with my converter box. If I get the part number or model number off it (assuming it has one), will it work? I have this thing and I cannot do a "channel scan" without a remote.
Also, can you accept credit cards directly? I cannot do paypal. I can send you a money order as an alternative.
Thanks

ME
WELL I CHECKED IT TOO..AND IT DOESN'T WORK FOR ME...SOOOOOOOOOO YA WANNA THUMB WRASSLE OVER WHO IS RIGHT????
LOLOLOLOLOL

PICTURE OF WHAT IS DIFFERENT???? LOLOLOLOLOL

I CANT GO BY WHAT I DONT KNOW ABOUT..... MY PICTURE IS OF WHAT I HAVE. (NOTHIN MORE NOTHIN LESS)

HOW WOULD I KNOW IF IT IS COMPATIBLE WITH YOUR BOX??? THAT MAKES ZERO SENSE!!!!
AND LOLOLOLO, HOW WOULD I KNOW IT WILL WORK YOUR MODEL, WHEN YOU DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE OR WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO BUY????????? AGAIN MAKES ZERO SENSE TO ASK ME.......LAFFFFFFFFFIN SO HARD I FARTED

YOU ALREADY SAID YOU LOOKED SOMETHING UP ONLINE, AND MY ITEM IS DIFFERENT, SO AGAIN AND AGAIN,.....WHY ASK ME???
THAT MAKES NO SENSE!!!!!
CHANNEL SCAN ERRR NOT....... HOW WOULD I KNOW????
IF YOU NEED CHANNEL SCAN...LMAO SO HARD I CAN HARDLY TYPE THIS.....AND YOU KNOW MY REMOTE DOES NOT SHOW IT HAS ONE.....WHY WOULD YA WANT IT?????

NO...PAYPAL ONLY!!!
NO IOU, NO BUBBLE GUM WRAPPERS, NO CHECK, NO MONEY ORDER FROM THE PIGGLY WIGGLY.........
PAYPAL, AS STATED IN POST.....

COPY AND PASTING THIS TO "EBAY EMAILS THAT MAKE YA SAY WTH"

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA THANKS FOR THIS, I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING AT YOU , I NEEDED THAT............OH, AND SORRY BUT I GOTTA BLOCK YOU
AS I DONT HAVE TIME TO BABY SIT BUYER AND SELL ON EBAY AT THE SAME TIME.....HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA MAN "YOU" KILL ME!!!!

I GET IDIOTS LIKE THIS WEEKLY ::nod::
"Because tellin' people , i like having a SPYDIEHOLE sounds sooo much better than a THUMBHOLE"
- Junebug 2016
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

..........priceless!!!!........ ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ..................

Return to “Mostly True Stories”