Never Give Up On The USPS / worldwide***

This forum is to share stories that are meaningful, or entertaining. The posts can be original stories, stories passed down in a family or a region, they could be based on a person's experience, childhood, or basically on anything. They could even be fictional, or humorous, so long as they are stories.
big monk

Never Give Up On The USPS / worldwide***

Post by big monk »

WOW !!!!! JUST WOW !!!!!!!

I sold a couple knives to my AAPK friend Derek ( AKA -Brumbydownunder ) and we worked out a plan for me to ship them to Australia -- Derek says about 2-3 weeks,he normally gets packages fro USA -- well that was Feb.11,2017 when I put the knives in the mail ---- Fast forward to April and he still has ""NO KNIVES"" --- I hate it,when a plan don't come together !!!!!! :mrgreen: -- so, on April 5,2017, I put him a ""surprise replacement knife" in the mail so he would at least get some bang for his buck$$$$ ( just the right thing to do :) )

Fast forward again to May 8,2017 ( I get an e-mail from Derek this morning,telling me he got the package of knives ::ds:: ) *****THREE MONTHS LATER**** ( knives went to Thailand for awhile,before making the trip to Australia ??? ) --- He says we have a dilemma -- wants to pay for the ""replacement or send it back"" --- shoot no,I said___ told him we have a rule on AAPK, ::woot:: that if you end up with an extra knife, you have to send a ""trade/swap"" knife to me !!!!!! ::groove:: ::groove:: ---- just so glad,it all worked out____ Monk :)

PS ---- you guys be sure to verify that rule, if my friend Derek,ask yall :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The traveling knives below***
Attachments
Lost Knives.jpg
I'm not young enough,____to know everything !!!!!!!!!!!!

MONK****
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Never Give Up On The USPS

Post by philco »

::woot:: I just love a happy ending ! ::super_happy::
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

Sounds just like me. I have a knife sitting right here I'm going to send to Steve because the USPS dropped off his knife to wrong address a week ago and they still can't find it.

I know some good people who work for the USPS and they do their job diligently. But for this, all they had to do was ship it from California to Massachusetts and they couldn't even do that right. Sorry, I have a whole different perspective on that one.

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
big monk

Post by big monk »

XX Case XX wrote:Sounds just like me. I have a knife sitting right here I'm going to send to Steve because the USPS dropped off his knife to wrong address a week ago and they still can't find it.
I know some good people who work for the USPS and they do their job diligently. But for this, all they had to do was ship it from California to Massachusetts and they couldn't even do that right. Sorry, I have a whole different perspective on that one.___________
Mike
Iknow what ya' mean Mike --- had a box of knives go to California / back to South Carolina / back to California / then on to Alaska as scheduled ::shrug:: ____ all this took nearly two weeks ( but we got to watch the tracking on the computer,the whole ride ?? ::facepalm:: )
I'm not young enough,____to know everything !!!!!!!!!!!!

MONK****
FRJ

Re: Never Give Up On The USPS / worldwide***

Post by FRJ »

Awhile back I bought a stiddy from Germany that was on ebay. It came up in a thread here on AAPK.
Me and the guy I bought it from were in touch about it and decided to just wait it out. Sure enough, 5 weeks later, it arrived.
Joe
rea1eye

Post by rea1eye »

Can't really figure out USPS. Got a knife from Texas during the winter. It took about 8 days to arrive.

About 3 weeks ago, got another knife from another seller, still in Texas. It took 4 days to arrive.

Love the tracking feature though!

Bob
Brumbydownunder

Post by Brumbydownunder »

Yep strangest buy/mail call I have ever been involved with.....
Sure glad these two gorgeous knives didn't end up in some pawn shop in Miami as big monk & I suspected after the tracking just 'dropped out' at a USPS mail facility there.

Just love these two Barlows ... The Cripple Creek is as near to perfect as it gets in my opinion ... length/ thickness/ blade shape. I tinker with old TL29's and remake them I intend to use the Cripple Creek as a template for a couple of future builds.

The Hertitage Cutlery Barlow is something very special especially with the history attached to it by Bobby Paolantoni - Known as "bonfire bob" here on the forum until his passing a couple of years ago.
DSCN5948.jpg
You guys in the US don't know how spoiled you are with knives similar to these coming up fairly regularly for sale. I am pretty confident in saying I doubt there another two like these in Australia.

And I will be posting off a surprise package to James (big monk) tomorrow he's a real gentleman and a great asset to the AAPK community. ::tu::

Derek
"Belong Where The Moment Finds You"
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Brumbydownunder wrote: he's a real gentleman and a great asset to the AAPK community. ::tu::

Derek
Truer words have never been spoken. I wouldn't take a thousand dollars for the Monkey Man.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
LongBlade

Post by LongBlade »

::tu:: - Glad that all worked out in the end for Big Monk and Derek !!!!

USPS is so unpredictable and international mail brings things to a whole other level (as the USPS won't take the blame once it leaves our shore lines..- but for the most part I think most mail/packages arrive on time... but had a few horror stories myself:

I sent a USPS MO for a knife to Seattle WA from here in CT - in the small town I live it just so happened the Post Master was also working the counter that day and I know her... she remembered the MO I filled out and than we sent it in my addressed envelope inside a "glassine" window priority mail envelope for 2 day delivery ... well after a week nothing arrived on other end and tracking only indicated it left my town - next stop should have been Springfield MA as that is a major postal center and than Seattle.. after 10 days I had to file a investigation on the tracking as recommended by the post master and also had to put a tracer on the MO WHICH costs me $6 for the PO to investigate - well that was more than annoying as the PO lost my mail and yet has to charge me again to trace the MO (and the post master agreed with me but it was not her fault as it is the USPS business that charges and not her - she felt terrible it happened and I had to pay for the trace - BTW the trace on the priority tracking # was free... anyway - 4 weeks and 2 days later I get an email from the guy in Seattle that the mail arrived... he cashed the MO and sent my knife... well 3 weeks after I get a note from USPS that the MO was cashed :shock: ... took them 3 weeks to let me know ::td:: ... Bottom line as I learned from our post master was NEVER use a glassine priority mail envelope again and she took them out of out PO - turns out those glassine windows are not read very well when mail is sorted through the machines... only use the cardboard legal size priority envelopes that are solid cardboard for mailing envelopes is the lesson!! Where was the envelope for over 4 weeks who knows but it was possible it was stuck on bottom of a mail sack :roll:

Also don't count on winter deliveries either to be 2 days - if it snows the mail can get held up - no such thing as the mail has to go through no matter the weather!!! That is a long ago saying that was lost over the years...

I can send my brother in CA a piece of mail that gets there in 2 days yet when I send an envelope to NJ - it can take 3-4 days... why - its all the routing system of the PO... mail gets sent all over the place and doesn't make sense when we look at the route in tracking but again has to do with major PO hubs and sorting....

Anyway - FedEx may be more reliable and guaranteed as to delivery or money back policy but you also pay 4X more... so we have little choice... and forget UPS unless you like broken items delivered :roll:

Post by Sut Tatersaul »

I have never "Give Up" on the USPS, but I am still waiting for the two antique reloading tools that I sold and sent by USPS to a member of a Gun forum two, or three years ago. The buyer of the tools, and I spent several months trying to get the USPS to find the tools that they said "got lost". They were supposed to go to a lost, and found facility that they have in Atlanta GA, that no one in the USPS system knows exists. One thing that I will say for them, they will all support, and cover for each other. The second thing that I learned is, Don't list gun related items as such, as they seem to disappear from the USPS system, never to appear again, nor will the insurance, and shipping fees be paid back to senders. I don't know if this trend to disappear, applies to other things like knives, but "beware". 'Nuff Said.
Sut Tatersaul
It's Mind Over Matter, If You Don't Mind, It Don't Matter

Return to “Mostly True Stories”