The Lesson?

This forum is to share stories that are meaningful, or entertaining. The posts can be original stories, stories passed down in a family or a region, they could be based on a person's experience, childhood, or basically on anything. They could even be fictional, or humorous, so long as they are stories.
Edgewise
Posts: 804
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:34 pm

Re: The Lesson?

Postby Edgewise » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:19 pm

stagman wrote:The focus part is right on,,,, the way I sypher it edge...you labor hard,
all day, week, month, year, and just when you think you got er licked,
Bamm, your life or the one closes to you is gone , just like that,
so when you think you have reached the other side of your labors,
dot not forget the folk's who help you get there, and appreciate every minute
and continue to try your best for yourself and all folk's you meet in general

stag
http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/stagman

::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::

Edgewise
Posts: 804
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:34 pm

Re: The Lesson?

Postby Edgewise » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:25 pm

Steve Warden wrote:
stagman wrote:The focus part is right on,,,, the way I sypher it edge...you labor hard,
all day, week, month, year, and just when you think you got er licked,
Bamm, your life or the one closes to you is gone , just like that,
so when you think you have reached the other side of your labors,
dot not forget the folk's who help you get there, and appreciate every minute
and continue to try your best for yourself and all folk's you meet in general

stag
http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/stagman

And the question remains, "Are you ready?"

I used to think so 8) but the older I get I realize that its not my prerogative to decide. ::shrug::

User avatar
Steve Warden
Posts: 2294
Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 4:18 pm
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ

Re: The Lesson?

Postby Steve Warden » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:40 pm

Edgewise wrote:
Steve Warden wrote:
stagman wrote:The focus part is right on,,,, the way I sypher it edge...you labor hard,
all day, week, month, year, and just when you think you got er licked,
Bamm, your life or the one closes to you is gone , just like that,
so when you think you have reached the other side of your labors,
dot not forget the folk's who help you get there, and appreciate every minute
and continue to try your best for yourself and all folk's you meet in general

stag
http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/stagman

And the question remains, "Are you ready?"

I used to think so 8) but the older I get I realize that its not my prerogative to decide. ::shrug::

Ah, but it is...
"Choose for yourselves this day..."
"For all who call..."
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)

Edgewise
Posts: 804
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:34 pm

Re: The Lesson?

Postby Edgewise » Tue May 01, 2018 6:55 pm

Steve Warden wrote:
Edgewise wrote:
Steve Warden wrote:And the question remains, "Are you ready?"

I used to think so 8) but the older I get I realize that its not my prerogative to decide. ::shrug::

Ah, but it is...
"Choose for yourselves this day..."
"For all who call..."

Thanks for the references, Steve. I'll be sure to look them up.

User avatar
Phaeton
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:51 am
Location: Fairbanks, Alaska

Re: The Lesson?

Postby Phaeton » Tue May 22, 2018 3:29 pm

Closing in on the end of days for my stay on Earth. I remember thinking "This is not a good time" during my first heart attack. Then I reflected, "There is never a good time."
If everyone is special, no one is special, "no good time" includes the corollary, "no bad time".
So getting taken immediately after surviving against all odds is spiritually no different than dying in bed. I hold to that and it gives comfort.

User avatar
Steve Warden
Posts: 2294
Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 4:18 pm
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ

Re: The Lesson?

Postby Steve Warden » Tue May 22, 2018 3:36 pm

Phaeton wrote:Closing in on the end of days for my stay on Earth. I remember thinking "This is not a good time" during my first heart attack. Then I reflected, "There is never a good time."
If everyone is special, no one is special, "no good time" includes the corollary, "no bad time".
So getting taken immediately after surviving against all odds is spiritually no different than dying in bed. I hold to that and it gives comfort.

True, when you're gone from here, you're gone here. But do you know where you'll be going?
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)

User avatar
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 8769
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:44 pm
Location: The Heart of Dixie.
Contact:

Re: The Lesson?

Postby RobesonsRme.com » Wed May 30, 2018 1:45 pm

As Steve has iterated multiple times, we do not have to live in doubt. We can be assured of our salvation. It takes a simple step of faith.

Charlie
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter


Return to “Mostly True Stories”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: carrmillus and 2 guests