My Friend Josi

This forum is to share stories that are meaningful, or entertaining. The posts can be original stories, stories passed down in a family or a region, they could be based on a person's experience, childhood, or basically on anything. They could even be fictional, or humorous, so long as they are stories.
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: My Friend Josi

Post by orvet »

zoogirl wrote: The fur balls are family. I just hope that when it is his time, I can handle it with the same courage you’re showing.
Thank you. I found a good vet helps a bunch.
I think loosing 2 much beloved dogs in 2018 the Lord's way of preparing me for next year; my mother has been on hospice care most of the year and the hospice nurses worry more about my dad than my mom and dad isn't even their patient!
If they live to mid-June they will celebrate their 70th Wedding Anniversary. I don't know if they will make to June or not, each one lives to care for the other one and when one goes I think the other one will go soon after.
I drove down to visit them Thursday and they are doing surprisingly well for 89 yrars and on hospice! ::shrug::

Thanks again y'all for your prayers and support! ::tu::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

.......dale, over the last 64 years , I have been thru this more times than I want to remember. 3 of my dogs have lived to be over 15 years old(2 over 18) and when you lose one after that many years, it's like losing a family member!!...... ::handshake:: .................
#goldpan

Post by #goldpan »

My prayers and heart felt condolences my friend. Our four legged furry family members are close to our hearts and losing one is difficult. I'm sorry for your loss....
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Dale,
Sorry for your loss. Believe me when I say I understand the sadness that comes with having to put a friend down.
For some reason while reading this my monitor blurred up really bad.
My best to you and your wife,
Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

Very sorry to hear this Dale. Losing our pets is never easy. I recently lost my Golden, Ginger after 13 1/2 years. We surely miss them.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

btrwtr wrote:Very sorry to hear this Dale. Losing our pets is never easy. I recently lost my Golden, Ginger after 13 1/2 years. We surely miss them.
Wayne

Very sorry to hear about Ginger my friend. If it is any solace I am sure she lived a good and obviously long life. Doesn't make it any easier when they go for sure. You will be reunited some day...

Take care. Regards, Jerry
That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who leaves the world better than he found it; who never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in other's and gave the best he had.
RobesonsRme.com

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Always difficult to lose a dog. Dale, I'm heartily sorry for the loss of Josi.

Charlie
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

Sorry for your lost, it's as hard as loosing a family member. I've had to put a couple dogs down and it was so hard that I don't want anymore pets.

Return to “Mostly True Stories”