Tag her where?

This forum is to share stories that are meaningful, or entertaining. The posts can be original stories, stories passed down in a family or a region, they could be based on a person's experience, childhood, or basically on anything. They could even be fictional, or humorous, so long as they are stories.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Tag her where?

Post by Mumbleypeg »

A good friend and I were reminiscing after church last Sunday, about when we were younger and played for our church’s co-ed softball team in a local recreational league. All the teams were co-ed, most were sponsored by local churches.

In this particular game I was playing first base. My friend Scott was the third baseman. The opposing team had runners on at first and second base with one out. The left handed batter hit a sharp one-hop grounder to me at first base. Securing the ball in my glove, I quickly looked and saw that both the runners on first and second base had run on contact toward the next base, respectively.

I immediately touched first base, forcing out the batter. Then seeing the runner on second, a very attractive and somewhat voluptuous young lady, was about halfway to third base, I fired the ball to Scott who was standing about 3 feet off third base. He caught the ball while the young lady was still several feet from him. Since I had touched first base for a force out there, he had to tag the runner. But instead he just stood there with the ball as the young lady ran by him and stopped, safely standing on third base.

In the dugout afterward I asked Scott “Why didn’t you tag her out?”

He looked at me and grinned. “She ran right past me - I couldn’t figure out where to tag her!” :lol:

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Steve Warden

Re: Tag her where?

Post by Steve Warden »

::rotflol::

Great start to my day! Thanks for the smile! :D
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Tag her where?

Post by carrmillus »

............. ::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds:: !!..............

Return to “Mostly True Stories”