A touching knife seller’s story

This forum is to share stories that are meaningful, or entertaining. The posts can be original stories, stories passed down in a family or a region, they could be based on a person's experience, childhood, or basically on anything. They could even be fictional, or humorous, so long as they are stories.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

A touching knife seller’s story

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

I had one of those interactions a few weeks back w/ a customer that touch your heart and make you glad you are offering knives for sale. Someone I didn’t know bought a Moki Lakota knife from my store. I reached out to thank him, like I try to do every time someone buys a knife, and he told me a story. His mother had collected one of these Moki Lakota’s every year and had given them to him as a gift years ago. But she was unable to find the final one. She had searched for this knife for some time w/ no success. He said that she said shortly before she died that she wished she could have found that last knife.
He told his teenage daughter about it and she went searching online and came running saying “ I found it”. Sure it enough it was a knife I had in my store.
Makes me feel proud to be a seller of knives. It touched my heart to hear this. While I was typing this, he just got back to me to tell me how happy he is w/ the knife.
It is always so interesting to me that something so simple as a knife can mean so much to so many people. I have heard other stories like this and I am sure there are other sellers that have heard these kind of stories. Feel free to share your story here, whether you are a seller or not.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: A touching knife seller’s story

Post by dlr110 »

Great story, that last knife with always have special meaning for him. Thanks for sharing. ::tu::
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
eveled

Post by eveled »

I crying. A mother’s dieing wish. A sons life long quest. The daughter that pieced it together and found the last piece. Imagine how happy she is?

Just an all around great story. Thanks for sharing it.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Personally, I think a grandmother guided her granddaughter to finish her son's collection.
clockman

Post by clockman »

Praise God!!!
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Great story Mark, and with a very happy ending to boot! Always be kind to strangers, you never know when you're talking to an Angel! 8)
8)
rea1eye

Post by rea1eye »

I went to a resale shop Thursday to quickly see if any new/used knives showed up.
The guy who stocks the knife case was cleaning the glass case so I went up
to him and started a nice but rather short conversation.

As usual, I walked out of the store with no knife. The conversation with the
guy was very rewarding though.

Worth the trip.

Bob
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

Awesome touching story, Mark. Glad you were able to experience such a wonderful moment. ::ds::
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

...great story!!!!..... ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ..............

Return to “Mostly True Stories”