The Dogs Above

This forum is to share stories that are meaningful, or entertaining. The posts can be original stories, stories passed down in a family or a region, they could be based on a person's experience, childhood, or basically on anything. They could even be fictional, or humorous, so long as they are stories.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: The Dogs Above

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Just Bob, Thanks for sharing that story of Hunter. I can’t recount again the two losses we have experienced in the past year, but it was a similar send off that you described. I had my boy Kobi, who was a golden retriever, cremated. My plan is to have his ashes buried with me, that’s what I have told my wife and kids. I’m afraid I will live long enough that more ashes will be added at some time in the future from the dogs we have currently. I find myself telling my dogs that they have to outlive me. Losing these dogs is a heart wrenching experience. I too hope to see my Kobi and Maddie waiting for me when my time comes.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan

Return to “Mostly True Stories”