Sneaky Golfers

This forum is to share stories that are meaningful, or entertaining. The posts can be original stories, stories passed down in a family or a region, they could be based on a person's experience, childhood, or basically on anything. They could even be fictional, or humorous, so long as they are stories.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Sneaky Golfers

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Remembered this today and decided to post it here.

True story about three former co-workers who were avid golfers. Another member of their usual group was one of the guy’s brother-in-law, who was the pastor at a local church (and a real character!). They played a local public course nearly every Saturday, but occasionally figured out ways to play at exclusive country club courses (none of them were members).

One week it was decided they would sneak onto an exclusive club’s course early one Saturday morning. So there they were before daylight, all four of them on the second hole, out of sight of the clubhouse and waiting to tee off.

As it became light enough to see, the preacher placed his ball on the tee. Then he looked at the other three and said “You know, several members of my congregation are members here, so I could play this course any time I want. But all of y’all should be ashamed of yourselves!”

Then he hit his tee shot. :lol:

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/

Return to “Mostly True Stories”