One Man's View

This forum is to share stories that are meaningful, or entertaining. The posts can be original stories, stories passed down in a family or a region, they could be based on a person's experience, childhood, or basically on anything. They could even be fictional, or humorous, so long as they are stories.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

One Man's View

Post by Quick Steel »

“Into the hands of America, God has placed the destinies of afflicted humanity.” So said Pope Pius XII in a remarkable statement 75 years ago, published in the Jan. 5, 1946, issue of Collier’s Weekly.

There was a time when that statement seemed very true.
Greenman

Re: One Man's View

Post by Greenman »

Which god?
Humanity has worshipped thousands of gods and goddesses.
America’s true god is, and has always been, the ‘Almighty Dollar’.

Josh

/|\

“Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature, unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping.”
— Hubert Reeves
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Greenman wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:08 am Which god?

Yes, the almighty dollar is indeed the god (little "g") of many.

Need to look at the context.
Two things tell me it is the only True and Living God, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, and of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ:

1) It was declared by the Pope, a believer in the God I mention.

B) The "G" is capitalized, indicating:
-- a proper noun
-- His diety
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Steve Warden wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:34 am

Two things tell me it is the only True and Living God, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, and of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ:

-- a proper noun
-- His diety
Steve,

Actually, I’m quite aware of the context of the OP’s quotation. It was part of a papal tirade against the supposed threat of ‘atheistic communism’.

I’m also aware of the so-called ‘god’ that you mentioned. I was raised and trained as a child evangelist in a fundamentalist christian cult. At one time, my father was one the cult’s leaders. Generally, this ‘god’ was mentioned by my father (or other church elder) shortly before or after I was beaten or raped. I ceased believing in any supernatural beings long before I reached my teen years.

BTW, I don’t claim to know anything about any pope’s personal beliefs or sexual proclivities. However, I do know that the pope is the head honcho of yet another religious group that uses religion as a cover for child abuse and paedophilia. Is this what your ‘god’ represents?

Every time I log on to AAPK, I wonder what any of this religious nonsense has to do with knives. That’s why I seldom visit this site, and also why I have ceased buying anything from any vendors who list their products on the AAPK store. I refuse to use my money to support religion…any religion.

I listened to your opinion; thank you for listening to mine. ::tu::

Note: The omission of capitalisation of any words pertaining to religion and supposed deities is purely intentional. I choose not to honour any ‘god’. :)

Josh

/|\

“Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature, unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping.”
— Hubert Reeves
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Greenman wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:58 pm

-- a proper noun
-- His diety
Steve,

Actually, I’m quite aware of the context of the OP’s quotation. It was part of a papal tirade against the supposed threat of ‘atheistic communism’.

I’m also aware of the so-called ‘god’ that you mentioned. I was raised and trained as a child evangelist in a fundamentalist christian cult. At one time, my father was one the cult’s leaders. Generally, this ‘god’ was mentioned by my father (or other church elder) shortly before or after I was beaten or raped. I ceased believing in any supernatural beings long before I reached my teen years.

BTW, I don’t claim to know anything about any pope’s personal beliefs or sexual proclivities. However, I do know that the pope is the head honcho of yet another religious group that uses religion as a cover for child abuse and paedophilia. Is this what your ‘god’ represents?

Every time I log on to AAPK, I wonder what any of this religious nonsense has to do with knives. That’s why I seldom visit this site, and also why I have ceased buying anything from any vendors who list their products on the AAPK store. I refuse to use my money to support religion…any religion.

Note: The omission of capitalisation of any words pertaining to religion and supposed deities is purely intentional. I choose not to honour any ‘god’. :)

Sounds like a tough upbringing, Josh. Sorry to hear.

You sound like a man that can agree with this when I say, "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything. "

May God bless you.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Greenman wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:58 pm Every time I log on to AAPK, I wonder what any of this religious nonsense has to do with knives. That’s why I seldom visit this site, and also why I have ceased buying anything from any vendors who list their products on the AAPK store.
What does religion have to do with knives? Very little, if at all. However, it was abundantly clear to me, from day one, that faith is an important part in many members' lives. I have no problem with that, and I've seen no evidence of proselytizing or anyone being ostracized because of their faith (or lack thereof). Nor have I seen any evidence that proceeds from the AAPK store are used to support religion; they are more likely to be used to cover the expenses incurred by running the site.

Greenman, I am sorry you had tough upbringing, and it has resulted in your reduced visits to AAPK and not purchasing items from the AAPK store. However, faith is like most any other walk of life: one can't let a few bad apples spoil the whole bushel. The church, religion, or whatever you want to call it is not one of those causes I have a problem with supporting.
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
Samb

Post by Samb »

Dan In MI wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:51 am
Greenman wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:58 pm Every time I log on to AAPK, I wonder what any of this religious nonsense has to do with knives. That’s why I seldom visit this site, and also why I have ceased buying anything from any vendors who list their products on the AAPK store.
What does religion have to do with knives? Very little, if at all. However, it was abundantly clear to me, from day one, that faith is an important part in many members' lives. I have no problem with that, and I've seen no evidence of proselytizing or anyone being ostracized because of their faith (or lack thereof). Nor have I seen any evidence that proceeds from the AAPK store are used to support religion; they are more likely to be used to cover the expenses incurred by running the site.

Greenman, I am sorry you had tough upbringing, and it has resulted in your reduced visits to AAPK and not purchasing items from the AAPK store. However, faith is like most any other walk of life: one can't let a few bad apples spoil the whole bushel. The church, religion, or whatever you want to call it is not one of those causes I have a problem with supporting.
I couldn't agree more.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

We currently have a front row seat for the results of a secular society. The question is, will we survive?
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
BFORSE

Post by BFORSE »

-- a proper noun
-- His diety
Steve,

Greenman, what you went through is an abomination and those who perpetrated that crime against you, also committed it against God.

Everyone who belongs to Him will be in total agreement with that statement.

If you really want to know what God represents, it can be found in His Word the Bible. But as far as understanding and accepting His Word as truth, that is something that only can be given by Him alone.
St. John Chapter 1
...12 But as many as received him (Jesus), to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God...
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Greenman I'm so very sorry for what you endured. Know that was not Gods will. I am praying for your spiritual healing.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Is this the same Pope that was secretly friends with Adolph Hitler, the same one that helped smuggle high level Nazi's out of Germany through the so called "Rat lines" so they could avoid prosecution for their crimes? If he is then he has no credibility with me no matter what few good things he may have said in public. You cannot serve God and the killer of 6 million Jews at the same time. You can serve Hitler and the devil at the same time. And if he served Nazi's and Hitler, then he's on the side of the adversary, not the side of the only begotten Son of God. And this comment in no way is meant to reflect on you QS, I'm on your side, love your personality on here to death and would never say a thing against you. I just get a sick, bitter taste in my mouth when I hear about all the Nazi sympathizers and even my fellow Americans, who brought guys like Werner Von Braun (who was a murderer himself of Jews, who had the 5 slowest workers in his slave labor camp at Peenemunde murdered every morning before beginning work to serve as an incentive to the other slave laborers) over here to America, and gave him a nice cushy office and plant full of workers to build rockets instead of the gallows like he deserved. Absolutely sickening to me. But again, I cannot stress enough this in no way is a comment on QS, just the phony authorities who sympathized with Hitler and Nazis.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Steve,

Thanks for sharing that Greenman, my condolences and heart goes out to a fellow brother who has suffered gross abuse and violence at the hands of fathers and men of "religion." I'm in your corner and not only sympathize, but I whole heartedly empathize because I was savagely beaten and cursed and sadistically tortured by dear old dad and he was the same kind of hypocritical sick man as you describe. The church did nothing. Well, they supported and believed dad, and TOTALLY ignored and abandoned me and my brothers and sisters. But they did nothing to help or support me. But this is NOT what God represents. God didn't teach any of this and he doesn't sanction abuse, violence, and lies. And if you recall, it was the church leaders and Jewish religious authorities who broke the law and tried Jesus at night, and falsely accused him and unlawfully put him to death. It wasn't God or religion, it was evil men cloaked in the cloth of religious authority. It was sick men who twist and used their misguided theory or ideas of God, but they are just con artists. The same God they profess will condemn them on judgement day and his word and the life of Christ prove over and over again that all these sects and cults and churches who are built up to get gain and power and prestige or praise in the eyes of men and the world in the end will be the reapers of the wrath of God. They will be thrust down to hell at the last day. In the mean time sufferers like you and I have to endure it here because men have their free will to choose good or evil. They who beat and rape kids will get what is coming to them in the next world. And you and I will be called upon to provide testimony against them to condemn them. And then every knee will bow and every tongue confess that His judgements are just. I have no doubt. In this world men like our dads and Manson, Hitler, Pol Pot, Franco, Genghis Kahn, Nero, Caligula, Herod, Judas, etc. etc. often prosper and live out their lives with means and power and escape punishment. That is the only way it can be to let men truly choose as they wish and be free to act for themselves and build their card houses. But there is a law given and a punishment affixed, and it will be enforced in the next world and the Master of earth and sky and the whole universe will reign and put all his adversaries under his feet to be crushed and cast out. Then will the innocent and the meek and the humble be rewarded for their trials and tribulations and given their just rewards and all wounds will be healed. As surely as you suffered, you will be healed and rewarded and made whole by the Creator of heaven and earth. I know it more truly than I know my own name. And it will be made up to you in the end. So please don't condemn God, or religions as a whole. Condemn the evil doers wherever they are found. Endure to the end, keep the faith and choose the right by following the good Shepherd. Denounce wickedness and wicked men like our dads and in the end you will be rewarded for your efforts. I know it, I have lived it, I accept it. I wrote a book about it if you're interested, but I'm sure you have already lived it and more. But it wasn't God, or religion, or the Bible that abused and tortured me. It was evil man, a wolf in sheep's clothing, that loved to make others suffer what he was not willing to suffer himself. There is a God and he will make all things right in the end. Not even a question of if, only when. I know it as sure as I live. And I'll be looking for you and fellow sufferers on the other side. Godspeed and all the best to you and yours.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

And all Whites are racists, all Police are racist killers, all Muslims are bent on destruction, all men are sexist . . .
#censorship

Not trying to poo-poo your thread, QS, as others have done. You're entitled to your opinion just like everyone else. ⛪ 🇺🇸 ::tu::

If you're here to talk knives, stick to the knife forum.
😉👍
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
edgy46

Post by edgy46 »

Quite a topic.
An uncontrolled accumulator. ::shrug::
Bill

Return to “Mostly True Stories”