Close Out Shoes

This forum is to share stories that are meaningful, or entertaining. The posts can be original stories, stories passed down in a family or a region, they could be based on a person's experience, childhood, or basically on anything. They could even be fictional, or humorous, so long as they are stories.
just bob

Close Out Shoes

Post by just bob »

True Story. I just received these shoes from Ebay on close out. Does anyone see any reason these would be on close out? Hint, on the bottom they say made in Chyna. I'll bet this poor guy lost his job.
Attachments
new showa.jpg
wew shoe 2.jpg
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
ea42

Re: Close Out Shoes

Post by ea42 »

Wow that's REALLY bad, hope the quality is better than the spelling! ::dang:: :lol: :lol:

Eric
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

At least they spelled Fashion and Shoe right. 🤭
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Samb

Post by Samb »

Are the shoes as cheap as most of the knives?
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

Bob, I guess you'll be needing a professional skateboard now.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

btrwtr wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 4:29 pm Bob, I guess you'll be needing a professional skateboard now.
Or a "proefssional" skateboard! :mrgreen:
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Dan In MI wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 4:52 pm
btrwtr wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 4:29 pm Bob, I guess you'll be needing a professional skateboard now.
Or a "proefssional" skateboard! :mrgreen:

::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
deo-pa
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by deo-pa »

Forget “PROEFSSIONAL SKATEBOARD”, look closely and you can see you actually need a “PROEFSSIONAL SAKTEOBARD”!
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Geez! I could care less about being gramatically correct, but this takes the term typo to a whole new level. Of course, it's probably misspelled Chinese translated into Chinglish.
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

deo-pa wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 8:16 pm Forget “PROEFSSIONAL SKATEBOARD”, look closely and you can see you actually need a “PROEFSSIONAL SAKTEOBARD”!
Jeez I'm not even sure where you could find one. Maybe the company that makes the “PROEFSSIONAL SAKTEOBARD” shoes also makes the “PROEFSSIONAL SAKTEOBARDS”. Yikes ::uc:: they've cornered the market.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
deo-pa
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by deo-pa »

Does anyone here follow Instagram? If so check out “#sakteobard” where the posts go back seven years! Looks like the issue has been around for a while. By now there is probably a SAKTEOBARD SHOE subculture that seeks out and collects these things.

Dennis
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

They are most likely FAKE Chinese shoes made from imitation plastic. But then that brings up the question, who would be faking them?
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
just bob

Post by just bob »

I certainly have no ambition of skate boarding. I do, however love to walk. Most days I walk 3 miles and have done so for more than 10 years. I have found that what works best for me is rotating shoes. I try to keep 4-5 pair in rotation and switch up. My feet and joints seem to agree with this practice. I saw these shoes and knew they were super cheap. I thought I could wear these 1 day a week during the summer and get my money's worth. WRONG. These are flip flops with a burlap top. About the poorest quality of outdoor shoe imaginable. Putting them on and taking them off will wear them out. No arches at all. I have a friend that works in assisted living, and she is going to see if anyone there would like to have them. If not off to Goodwill, they go. A question. I have tried every major brand of shoe made for walking and have found Asics and Puma work best for me. Even more so than the much more expensive brands. Sketchers kill my feet. Any recommendations on good walking shoes? I'll try them. I go through 3 pairs of walking shoes a year.

Avoid these. Not a bargain at any price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133955648933?s ... 2749.l2649
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
Froe

Post by Froe »

Reminds me of the ‘Vies Glips’ I bought a flea market in Houston once. I thought they were real right up to the point I tried to use them.
Froe
catspa

Post by catspa »

Amazing you can still give us good advies, while losing your glip.

Parker

Return to “Mostly True Stories”