Unknown Stiletto Value?

If you like Automatic knives, this is the forum to discuss and display them.
BThompsonBoy

Unknown Stiletto Value?

Post by BThompsonBoy »

I don't think this is an expensive blade, but really have no idea so I thought I'd ask.
- It has no stamps or markings whatsoever
- Actually comes in a 8.5" and I see most are 9"
- Safety doesn't work but button to open and bolster to close works well
- Think the grips are probably acrylic

Is this just like a $10-20 generic knife? Is there anything I should be careful of to make sure it's not anything special?
Any thoughts much appreciated.
Attachments
IMG_0091.JPG
IMG_0090.JPG
IMG_0089.JPG
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Unknown Stiletto Value?

Post by Madmarco »

Judging by the extra large pin located right below the safety B.T. I'd say your knife is an Edge Co. "kit" knife from the 1980's, although I could be wrong. The large pin would come uninstalled along with the spring and once the customer had the knife they would slip the spring into place inside the blade channel and then insert the large pin and press it all the way through thus holding the spring in place. Edgeco would send the knife to you in this manner to avoid Customs seizure because without a spring the knife isn't a dreaded automatic knife. I'd say your assessment of acrylic covers is correct. What I've described was true for knives coming to Canada and I assume any other import restricted country. Brand new it was perhaps a US$50. knife, but since they are no longer available any existing models are desirable to collectors and would fetch perhaps US$100., but this is strictly speculation on my part, could be more could be less. As for you doing anything to decrease it's value, sharpening it would be taboo. It's a functioning automatic knife left behind by your Dad, I'd keep it for sentimental value. 8)
8)

Return to “Switchblade Knife Collector`s Forum”