Some of my autos!

If you like Automatic knives, this is the forum to discuss and display them.
damigg

Re: Some of my autos!

Post by damigg »

Samb wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 12:04 am You have the bug now. Before you know it you'll have a box full of auto's. Been there and still doing it.
I can imagine, I have a bug for Camillus Bk&t's but that collection is almost done, you can imagine what will be next. :)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Two really nice knives Dam! ::tu:: I'm not a big fan of Karambits, but I can tell you really like yours, so do enjoy it. I like the fact it's an auto though! And with the Microtech, do you still have both arms and legs after paying for that one? LOL! OTF's are another knife I'm not fond of, but if one likes them and desires owning one or more, M/T is the way to go! I live in Communist Canada where EVERYTHING but true slip-joints are prohibited, yet I've been able to amass 48 automatic models so far using creative shipping methods, so I certainly understand your frustration with acquiring any! Enjoy your new toys! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

A couple of space fillers were in today's mail, and as it turns out one of them could be a useful little carry! First up is a model I've admired for sometime but with my shipping difficulties I hadn't been able to acquire one, until now. It's an AKC marked 10" oal swivel-bolster clone with a SS bayonet blade, SS bolsters liners and pins, likely aluminum covers with raised dragon figures, and a safety. All the SS gives the knife a decent weight of about 5 oz.'s, and only the bottom edge came sharp. Snaps open with authority at the push of the button and locks up tight. Top-notch fit n' finish. The blade and covers are gold in color which adds a bit of class to the knife! Next is an 8" oal AKC marked stiletto with an unusual swivel-bolster design, hard black polymer covers secured by screws, SS drop-point blade, SS liners and other hardware, and a spine-mounted safety. This one is lighter weighing about 3 oz.'s and it came extremely sharp. This knife cracks open as well with perfect lock-up. The fit n' finish is professional. When I first viewed the knife I was intrigued with it's design, and now with it in-hand I can closely examine it's features. Both knives come from Chinese sites so the AKC etches are obviously bogus, but I have seen the second model with a "Colt II" etch and was hoping mine would come so etched, but no such luck! These make the 47th and 48th automatic models I have to date, and when I hit 50 I'll have to decide whether to continue in the auto vein or perhaps something else! 8)
WIN_20220519_14_12_21_Pro.jpg
WIN_20220519_14_11_59_Pro.jpg
WIN_20220519_14_11_25_Pro.jpg
WIN_20220519_14_10_50_Pro.jpg
8)
Samb

Post by Samb »

That's a leverletto I've only seen on dhgate, lol.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

::rotflol:: ::clapping:: ::rotflol:: ! Yeppers, you got it buddy, born and raised at DHGate! 8)
8)
damigg

Post by damigg »

Madmarco wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 2:31 am Two really nice knives Dam! ::tu:: I'm not a big fan of Karambits, but I can tell you really like yours, so do enjoy it. I like the fact it's an auto though! And with the Microtech, do you still have both arms and legs after paying for that one? LOL! OTF's are another knife I'm not fond of, but if one likes them and desires owning one or more, M/T is the way to go! I live in Communist Canada where EVERYTHING but true slip-joints are prohibited, yet I've been able to amass 48 automatic models so far using creative shipping methods, so I certainly understand your frustration with acquiring any! Enjoy your new toys! 8)
Those are extremely illegal here in Finland too, that was what appealed at me first about them, but when I got Cobratech first I was blown away of the one button blade out press again it goes inside thing. (I saw my first OTF like like when i was 30....) . But my own ones I just admire them home, Maybe handful of people can smuggle those here succesfully. No one ( :wink: ) has a OTF here. Or they have seen those 5 euro ones they sold or atleast used to sell in Tallinn, Estonia. You opened it twice and it usually flew off and was done haha. I atleast still have my limbs, I'm supposed to go buy the combat one but as white today and one Boker japanese style OTF. Let's see in month If I'm still able to write here myself haha. I just checked what you guys pay for Microtech ones and I was blown away, how much tax is there? I pay under 300 euros of mines each...

about Karambits in general I dont really care of them so much, hard to carry and the sheaths are dumb in those. this one you can just put in your pocket so its nice, This particula OTF karambit is nice to try to learn some tricks because the blade is so small compared to handle. Even with rather low blade if you'd be in real life or death situation that thing sure can do some damage, it's so easy to hid in your palm and open and surprise someone completely. it also works nicely as one finger fist-iron ( i know thats not right I cant come up with the english work, the iron knuckels ) it will mess someone face with but you dont want to have blade open same time or its through your wrist.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Great reply Dam! ::tu:: I sure know what you mean about the thrill of acquiring auto knives because they are so restricted, kindda like being a bad boy! LOL! The press once open/press again closed action is commonly referred to as "dual-action" on an OTF knife. It can also refer to an auto side-opener that has both a thumb-stud and a hidden scale release. The models that need to be recharged by pulling out a rod at the butt-end are called "single-action" models. The really cheap models you refer to from Estonia would be similar to the cheapos we use to get and possibly still can get from Mexico, you fire them a few times and then the spring breaks. Please be sure to post pictures of your combat and Boker knives when you do get them. The Microtech's have always been expensive and still are. As of today's exchange rate 300 euros converts to about $410. CDN and you can get lots of models for that price, but your correct that they cost a lot just about anywhere. Our taxes are 5% GST(Goods and Services tax)and 7% PST(Provincial Sales tax)on all purchases so that's an additional 12% for anything we buy! ::facepalm:: There are plenty of guys who love their Karambit knives and I say power to them, I've just never found them attractive. Your English is excellent buddy, I was able to understand everything you were talking about. The term you're searching for is "brass knuckles" instead of one finger fist iron. It's not hard to tell that you're quite a fan of OTF's, so if you ever get a chance to buy a copy of the one in the pictures, you won't be disappointed. They are the Mago brand and are becoming more and more popular all the time. About CDN$60. for the 9" and about CDN$90. for the 11" model. These are very solid knives that are dual-action and have substantial weight. They are kindda "boxy" but still really cool! 8)
WIN_20220523_14_45_02_Pro.jpg
WIN_20220523_14_45_15_Pro.jpg
WIN_20220523_14_45_30_Pro.jpg
WIN_20220523_14_45_41_Pro.jpg
8)
damigg

Post by damigg »

Yeah man,,, and now this picture is missing Cobratech Moneyclip another Böker Kwaiken I got. Addiction ?
Attachments
20220525_061517.jpg
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Yep, you definitely got the bug Dam! ::doh:: With all those OTF's in your collection my above explanation of how they work was probably unnecessary, I'm sure you've figured out the action already by yourself. We'd love to see any side-openers you might have! ::nod:: 8)
8)
Samb

Post by Samb »

He probably has over $1000 in those Microtechs, hope his wife doesn't find out.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I wouldn't be surprised buddy! ::hmm:: And I'll bet HE hopes ::pray:: his wife don't find out either! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

This knife came today and now I have a genuine scale-release auto to be represented in my collection. It's a ProTech 7 1/4" oal Mike "Whiskers" Allen designed scale-release automatic with a 154-CM drop-point blade, 2-piece aluminum body with front cover overlays, lanyard hole, and pocket-clip. Fairly light at about 3 oz.'s and shaving sharp. Snappy deployment via shifting the front cover to the right, with solid lock-up along with smooth closing also by shifting the cover. Fit n' finish is up to ProTech standards. A very simple but handy EDC! 8)
WIN_20220630_15_19_43_Pro.jpg
WIN_20220630_15_19_22_Pro.jpg
8)
wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

Nice! I carry a whiskers scale release daily, and use it … it’s been a great carry , super light, fast to fire and very tight after 2 years of use.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks W.G.! It's nice to know it's a quality knife that will hold up to some use. 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

This will likely be the last knife I post in this thread for awhile cuz I've lost my overseas connection for the time being, but should this change I'll be back posting my new knives. This one today is an 8 1/4' OAL Matt Diskin designed Kershaw Launch 8 automatic with a CPM-154 bayonet blade, 2 piece charcoal grey anodized aluminum body with carbon fiber inlay on the front cover, adjustable pivot, flush mounted button so no safety is required, and a pocket-clip. Pretty light at about 2.5 oz's and came with a sharp bottom edge. Blade deployment seemed a bit sluggish so a minor pivot adjustment and a drop of Quick Release oil and it now snaps open crisply and locks-up tight and solid. The fit and finish is up to Kershaw standards. This model Kershaw is quite similar to the Ganzo 707, although this knife is considerably lighter, which some folks will really like since it's smooth edges and rounded corners will allow it to slide unobtrusively around in your pocket without being noticed. If it had to be my last for awhile at least it's a nice one! 8)
WIN_20220704_12_23_40_Pro.jpg
WIN_20220704_12_23_16_Pro.jpg
8)
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

Piranha USA
Attachments
FFE10B24-89F2-48C0-9658-575AC4149DE0.jpeg
FFE10B24-89F2-48C0-9658-575AC4149DE0.jpeg (57.45 KiB) Viewed 1343 times
If God didn’t want us to have guns, he wouldn’t have given us trigger fingers!" - Yosemite Sam
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, “Those who can count and Those who can’t”
www.allaboutpocketknives.com/jamieinwv
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Still nice buddy! 8)
8)
Samb

Post by Samb »

Madmarco wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:54 pm This will likely be the last knife I post in this thread for awhile cuz I've lost my overseas connection for the time being, but should this change I'll be back posting my new knives. This one today is an 8 1/4' OAL Matt Diskin designed Kershaw Launch 8 automatic with a CPM-154 bayonet blade, 2 piece charcoal grey anodized aluminum body with carbon fiber inlay on the front cover, adjustable pivot, flush mounted button so no safety is required, and a pocket-clip. Pretty light at about 2.5 oz's and came with a sharp bottom edge. Blade deployment seemed a bit sluggish so a minor pivot adjustment and a drop of Quick Release oil and it now snaps open crisply and locks-up tight and solid. The fit and finish is up to Kershaw standards. This model Kershaw is quite similar to the Ganzo 707, although this knife is considerably lighter, which some folks will really like since it's smooth edges and rounded corners will allow it to slide unobtrusively around in your pocket without being noticed. If it had to be my last for awhile at least it's a nice one! 8)WIN_20220704_12_23_40_Pro.jpgWIN_20220704_12_23_16_Pro.jpg
Is it the real deal or a clone? If it's a clone what was the price on it?
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I think it's the real deal Sam, made in the USA and I paid US$99.00 for it. 8)
8)
Samb

Post by Samb »

Mark, where did you get it if you don't mind my asking. I paid $119 before taxes.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I took a chance and tried 3knives Sam, and it got through. It was listed at about CDN$142. but I had coupons so it worked out to US$99.00 + shipping, or, CDN$128.00 + shipping. I realize I paid-up a bit but it was the only site that would ship to Canada. Hope that helps! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I am going to start a thread in the "Restore and Repair" section for the work I will be doing on this knife to bring it back to life, but I wanted to post it here in its "as-is" condition so you can see the transformation! It was a gift from my friend Herb! 7 7/8" oal, SS flat grind blade, brass hardware, broken button and safety cap, and terribly decayed horn covers. Let's see what I can do! 8)
WIN_20221024_13_19_20_Pro.jpg
WIN_20221024_13_19_37_Pro.jpg
WIN_20221024_13_19_53_Pro.jpg
8)
millern

Post by millern »

Ganzo autos have become harder to find, but worth the search!
I have had success getting them at a decent price from bfknives.com. They arrived in a few weeks from the importer. (That was last year…though. Things may have changed.)
Good luck!
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I hadn't heard of bfknives.com before millern, so I checked online and they're still doing business, thanks. They have mostly manuals, but they did have the 707's listed for US$23., and the 7211's in black or green for US$22., so if anyone wants to top-up their Ganzo pile, this looks like the place. 8)
8)
Samb

Post by Samb »

For that kind of money it's a bargain, Ganzo makes a nice automatic knife!

Return to “Switchblade Knife Collector`s Forum”