Some of my autos!

If you like Automatic knives, this is the forum to discuss and display them.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Some of my autos!

Post by Madmarco »

Since this piece fires at the push of the button I figure it qualifies as an auto! It's a long waited for unbranded 9" oal "Guardfather" automatic spike with a black aluminum holding tube, very strong inner spring, and a rotating pocket-clip that conceals the firing button when turned. Fairly light at only a couple of oz.'s and has a perfect fit and finish. I was pleasantly surprised when I fired it the 1st time cuz I thought these were strictly novelty items, but the force in which the spike fired out was truly impressive. In the real world these would make an excellent metal and/or wood scribe, but I just fire it for its cool factor! I'd guesstimate the tip would penetrate paper, but definitely not cardboard! Lost in the mail for a month, hence the "long waited for" statement! 8)
WIN_20221117_13_11_15_Pro.jpg
WIN_20221117_13_11_43_Pro.jpg
8)
RoyS

Post by RoyS »

Hi Marco,

That's a very cool little piece you've found, I can understand why you found it appealing. Well done and thanks for sharing.. 8)

Cheerio,
Roy
My website: www.fsknife.com
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks Roy, ::handshake:: I appreciate you commenting! I've admired these spikes ever since they first came out years ago, but it wasn't until recently they were available from China where I can arrange special shipping in order to get it past Customs. I don't know for sure that Customs would seize it because it's not actually a knife, but I'd just as soon not take the chance. They'd make a great self-defence tool for a lady, perhaps even a man! 8)
8)
RoyS

Post by RoyS »

You're most welcome.

I think it could easily be overlooked as a 'pen'. My first thought is that it reminded me of a zip-gun.

Nice little 'gadget'... ::tu::

Cheerio,
Roy
My website: www.fsknife.com
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I haven't posted in this thread for quite sometime now, so much so that I had to dig 4 pages in to find it, but that changes today with this entry!
Just received is this 10 1/4" oal automatic RPK or Russian Prison Knife that has a SS dagger blade, all SS hardware including the liners, BO/BC action, and bright red Bakelite covers.
It has a nice weight of about 4 oz.'s and came to me unsharpened. It walks and talks equally smoothly and displays a fine fit and finish.
I got this one from my friend Mike K. in the Ukraine who packaged it securely in order to circumvent Customs, is my 5th RPK, and will likely be recognized by John (Red Rider) as well as Rob C. (Knives Worth Using) since they got the same email notification I did that it was available!
8)
WIN_20230601_20_13_23_Pro.jpg
WIN_20230601_20_13_47_Pro.jpg
8)
gordonjohn

Post by gordonjohn »

Super nice knife , you lucky dog you ::groove:: I am back ,Gordy
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks, Gordy, and I definitely feel lucky to have acquired that particular knife! ::groove::
It came all the way from the Ukraine without getting lost in the mail ::ds:: and passed straight through Customs ::paranoid:: without even being inspected, a rare turn of events indeed! ::hmm::
And wadaya mean you're back, ::shrug:: I read a "Welcome" post from you yesterday to a new member! I didn't actually know you'd officially left, but since you feel you did I'll take this opportunity to ::welcome:: you to AAPK! ::handshake:: LOL!
Thanks again for your compliment, buddy, and it's great hearing from you! ::handshake::
8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Yes, I have, Kim.
There are plenty of cool knives out there, but autos are the one's that keep me excited, along with unusual manuals.
Thanks for the kind words!
8)
8)
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Marco, I just now came across your Ukrainian auto from June 2. Very appealing to me, both the blade shape but even more the red sacales. ::tu::
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Well, I don't think you can go too wrong dealing with Jeremy, Kim.
His prices seem a bit high to me, but he does deliver with a quality product.
I've been addicted to the "crack" of an opening auto for a long time, but have only been able to satisfy myself over the last 4 years with purchasing them.
Mark my words, the day I drop dead will be the day they are legalized in Canada!
My government saw fit to legalize narcotics, well, just weed actually, but I still can't even COLLECT automatic knives let alone carry them!!! Where's the justice in that? :x ::dang:: :evil: ::td::
8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks a lot, Garry.
The features you mentioned are the same one's that attracted me to the knife, and I just happened to be in the right place at the right time so I scooped it up.
It's so simple and that makes it elegant.
I haven't missed all the gorgeous knives you've been posting even if I haven't been commenting, just so you know my friend. ::handshake::
8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I was fortunate to be able to add this very cool auto to my accumulation recently, and it comes from my friend Jeremy over at the "MerceyBrown" AAPK store! Thanks again, Jeremy!
This is an 8 1/4" oal Russian Mehtah leverlock that sports a SS spear-point blade, SS hardware including liners, impressive BO/BC action, and nicely grained Walnut covers.
It nearly weighs a much welcomed 6 oz.'s and came viciously sharp.
Walks open with authority and closes with a silky-smooth talk.
It arrived with a perfect factory fit and finish.
This is a beautifully heavy auto that I'm just lovin' and proud to display with my others!
8)
WIN_20230803_19_55_23_Pro.jpg
WIN_20230803_19_54_47_Pro.jpg
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks, Kim, it's a really fun knife to play with.
8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Except for the slightly darker wood covers and smaller logo blade etch on your copy I'd say they're identical, Kim. ::nod::
How impressive is that action, huh, yee-haw!
8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

This would be classified as a "Saw-Off" in terms of our little competition, would you agree? lol!
8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

It could always be a difference in screens, Kim, cuz I was gonna say the same thing, that yours is a nicer color and pattern. ::shrug::
8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Yah, I know, ::facepalm:: no offence taken, Kim. ::handshake::
I don't now and never will own a cell phone, so the only camera I have for pictures is the one built into my laptop, and since I need one hand to hold the knife and one hand to click the button those are as good as it gets, truly sorry bout' that. ::paranoid::
8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Certainly, Kim, I don't have a cell cuz I don't wish to be "glued to it like a lot of people nowadays", and don't trust myself not to be. ::facepalm::
8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Yah, I had one a few yrs. back for 1 day and then cancelled the plan the next day cuz I couldn't even figure out how to make a phone call and was certain if I couldn't even do that the rest was beyond me. When I cancelled the plan the agent tried to convince me to keep it with a simple $15./month plan for emergencies, but I looked at my situation and truly had no need for one.
I still have the fully operational flip-phone that I use for an alarm clock when necessary, but there's no signal. I won a brand new Hewlett/Packard 17" laptop in a Microsoft contest that I haven't even taken out of the box yet, and I'm hoping once I do that the picture quality will improve.
We'll see!
8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Yah, the situation was pretty much how you've pictured it, me sitting there pushing buttons with a puzzled look on my face hoping for results. ::shrug:: ::uc:: ::pray::
I really should start using my new laptop, it's just that I hate to waste anything and other than the poor pictures this one is serving me well. I suppose I could store it away as back-up in case the new one craps-out, but it still seems like a waste to me.
Like I said, "Well see"! lol!
8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I entered the contest every month for 2 years before I won cuz I was certain this one that my brother donated to me would die before long, but it just keeps pumping away each day nearly trouble free, so I've kindda vise-versa'd my thinking by using this one til it does die and saving the new one as back-up.
You need to understand, I have this notion that I'm gonna live forever! ::facepalm::
8)
8)
jw517

Post by jw517 »

Not an auto but I could not resist this small Coricama. Blade was adjusted by somebody by about a half inch.
IMG_0250.jpeg
IMG_0249.jpeg
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

That's nice, Smitty, I like those little manuals.
Here's 2 Italian looking stilettos that you've not likely seen before, they are a fixed NON-folding O.M.O.R. 9"er and an 11" ROSCO.
8)
WIN_20230811_15_23_08_Pro.jpg
WIN_20230811_15_23_32_Pro.jpg
WIN_20230811_15_24_26_Pro.jpg
8)
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

If they don't fold, do they come with some kind of sheath?
jw517

Post by jw517 »

I’ve never seen anything like them.. what do the letters stand for? You have a lot of unique things!

Return to “Switchblade Knife Collector`s Forum”