I just bought the S&W 1000 Automatic...

If you like Automatic knives, this is the forum to discuss and display them.
Captain O

I just bought the S&W 1000 Automatic...

Post by Captain O »

From the Forum "Store". Does anyone else have one of these? If you do? are you using it or are you keeping it as a collector's piece?

Perspiring minds want to know! ::tounge:: 8)
Captain O

Re: I just bought the S&W 1000 Automatic...

Post by Captain O »

I received my Large S&W "Military Issue" First Run Model 1000S Automatic Knife, and I couldn't be more pleased! it is big! The handle fills my hand and the large blade is sharp! This is a "user" if I ever saw one, and it is in my pocket as I write this.

The knife is thick and strong, making no apologies for being what it is. The knife was quite sharp when I unwrapped it from the envelope, but after a few strokes on the Spyderco "Sharpmaker", the 4" clip-point blade glides effortlessly through a cash register receipt without even breathing hard! The coil-fired spring makes the blade launches with consummate authority, stopping with a pronounced "clack". This knife lets you know that you're holding a piece of cutlery with "command presence". The Model 1000S is a knife that is ready to serve you, and its construction bespeaks its proud namesake.

I wish Taylor Cutlery still made these. God knows we can all use a hard-working automatic knife that can do the job without a hitch. Believe me when I tell you that this is a well-designed (and well-made) knife that will serve the Military/EMS/Fire Personnel and the hunter/outdoors person. :D

If you want a great knife at a fair price that gets the job done without excess effort, buy one of these

Remember: "Gold is where you find it", and this knife is a treasure that's frequently overlooked. I'm more than satisfied, I am ecstatic! :mrgreen:
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: I just bought the S&W 1000 Automatic...

Post by 1967redrider »

Captain O wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:24 am I received my Large S&W "Military Issue" First Run Model 1000S Automatic Knife, and I couldn't be more pleased! it is big! The handle fills my hand and the large blade is sharp! This is a "user" if I ever saw one, and it is in my pocket as I write this.

The knife is thick and strong, making no apologies for being what it is. The knife was quite sharp when I unwrapped it from the envelope, but after a few strokes on the Spyderco "Sharpmaker", the 4" clip-point blade glides effortlessly through a cash register receipt without even breathing hard! The coil-fired spring makes the blade launches with consummate authority, stopping with a pronounced "clack". This knife lets you know that you're holding a piece of cutlery with "command presence". The Model 1000S is a knife that is ready to serve you, and its construction bespeaks its proud namesake.

I wish Taylor Cutlery still made these. God knows we can all use a hard-working automatic knife that can do the job without a hitch. Believe me when I tell you that this is a well-designed (and well-made) knife that will serve the Military/EMS/Fire Personnel and the hunter/outdoors person. :D

If you want a great knife at a fair price that gets the job done without excess effort, buy one of these

Remember: "Gold is where you find it", and this knife is a treasure that's frequently overlooked. I'm more than satisfied, I am ecstatic! :mrgreen:

Pictures, man, pictures! ::nod:: ::tu:: ::drool::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter

Return to “Switchblade Knife Collector`s Forum”