Italian Switches

If you like Automatic knives, this is the forum to discuss and display them.
zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Italian Switches

Post by zed6309 »

Lots of beauties here :shock: ive only one, completely illegal in the uk sadly , was in tough state when i got it, horn scales was roached, it had blade peak, and blade wouldn't lock in, i totally restored it and scaled it in Stag as my favourite material ::tu::
ColorPop1621945159708-01.jpeg
Paul,

friendship is a rare and precious gift,
A day without a pocket knife is the day your need it,
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

zed6309 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:21 pm Lots of beauties here :shock: ive only one, completely illegal in the uk sadly , was in tough state when i got it, horn scales was roached, it had blade peak, and blade wouldn't lock in, i totally restored it and scaled it in Stag as my favourite material ::tu::
I watched your restoration posts for this knife Paul, and the final product is exceptional, nice job. Even though autos are illegal in the U.K., just like here in Canada, they're still a ton-of-fun for quenching one's "click therapy", IF you can get your hands on any. 8)
8)
zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by zed6309 »

Madmarco wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:29 pm
zed6309 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:21 pm Lots of beauties here :shock: ive only one, completely illegal in the uk sadly , was in tough state when i got it, horn scales was roached, it had blade peak, and blade wouldn't lock in, i totally restored it and scaled it in Stag as my favourite material ::tu::
I watched your restoration posts for this knife Paul, and the final product is exceptional, nice job. Even though autos are illegal in the U.K., just like here in Canada, they're still a ton-of-fun for quenching one's "click therapy", IF you can get your hands on any. 8)
Thanks Marco ::tu:: i really took my time on this and got loads of advice from this great forum , just a shame its tucked away :(
Paul,

Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

zed6309 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:33 pm
Thanks Marco ::tu:: i really took my time on this and got loads of advice from this great forum , just a shame its tucked away :(
Agreed my friend, nothing more satisfying than having someone ask "anyone got a knife?", and you whip out an auto and crack it open, oooh's and awwwh's galore! 8)
8)
zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by zed6309 »

Madmarco wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:42 pm
Agreed my friend, nothing more satisfying than having someone ask "anyone got a knife?", and you whip out an auto and crack it open, oooh's and awwwh's galore! 8)
Marco i pull this out ill get arrested :lol: i just play with it at home :wink:
Paul,

Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

zed6309 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:51 pm

Yep, me too Paul. :( Even though they can't safely(fear of seizure)leave the house, :( I still very much enjoy cleaning, oiling, and firing my autos. ::groove:: I can't get enough of the "crack" I hear every time I fire one, cutlery music to the ears! I have 3 new beauties currently on the way, including one all the way from Armenia with a very unique shape. I'll post pic as they arrive! 8)
8)
zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by zed6309 »

Madmarco wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:11 pm
Yep, me too Paul. :( Even though they can't safely(fear of seizure)leave the house, :( I still very much enjoy cleaning, oiling, and firing my autos. ::groove:: I can't get enough of the "crack" I hear every time I fire one, cutlery music to the ears! I have 3 new beauties currently on the way, including one all the way from Armenia with a very unique shape. I'll post pic as they arrive! 8)
Illove the sound as well ::tu:: switchblades are a rare thing in the uk, banned in 59 , i had one in the early 80's that i brought back from a holiday in italy, no one had a clue about laws in those days, it had a faux Mop covers, i remember it said Inox and italy on the stamp, long gone sadly but fondly remembered , this one brings ba k those memories ::tu::
Paul,

Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

zed6309 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:37 pm

Illove the sound as well ::tu:: switchblades are a rare thing in the uk, banned in 59 , i had one in the early 80's that i brought back from a holiday in italy, no one had a clue about laws in those days, it had a faux Mop covers, i remember it said Inox and italy on the stamp, long gone sadly but fondly remembered , this one brings ba k those memories ::tu::
Your model with the MOP covers I'm sure was a beauty, shame it's long gone, but you do have this one now. I too did some minor smuggling way back when, when I brought 3 autos back from my honeymoon in Mexico, 1 cheap side-opener(not a Rizzy), and 2 cheap OTF's, and as cheap as those were I still had a bunch of fun with them til they broke. My obsession with autos pretty much started there, and I've been trying to acquire them ever since. When I use to deal with Roadsideimports.com before they closed their doors, I'd read on his site about all the stupid laws regarding autos around the world, and the U.K. and Canada were in the same boat, but Canada Customs has now declared war on even a manual with a thumb-stud that can be flicked open after starting the blade out with the stud, so when I can get an auto past them by having the blade sent separately I'm one happy camper! Be sure to watch for the new models I post in the near future, as I'm sure you'll like em'! 8)
8)
zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by zed6309 »

Madmarco wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:06 am
zed6309 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:37 pm
Your model with the MOP covers I'm sure was a beauty, shame it's long gone, but you do have this one now. I too did some minor smuggling way back when, when I brought 3 autos back from my honeymoon in Mexico, 1 cheap side-opener(not a Rizzy), and 2 cheap OTF's, and as cheap as those were I still had a bunch of fun with them til they broke. My obsession with autos pretty much started there, and I've been trying to acquire them ever since. When I use to deal with Roadsideimports.com before they closed their doors, I'd read on his site about all the stupid laws regarding autos around the world, and the U.K. and Canada were in the same boat, but Canada Customs has now declared war on even a manual with a thumb-stud that can be flicked open after starting the blade out with the stud, so when I can get an auto past them by having the blade sent separately I'm one happy camper! Be sure to watch for the new models I post in the near future, as I'm sure you'll like em'! 8)
All of this has defantly made collecting hard, was so much easier 20-30yrs ago :(
Paul,

Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

So true Paul. I wish I'd started collecting 20-30 years ago, but alas, I've only been collecting seriously for a couple of years. Once I started I certainly didn't waste any time though, because my collection is already nearing 250 pieces. Imagine how many it would be had I started sooner! Have a great weekend! 8)
8)
galvanic1882
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by galvanic1882 »

Here’s my latest one, 11” Latama Flatguard, been looking for one a long time that I could afford. It came from a picker I know that found it in Iowa!
Attachments
DE5203B0-187A-414B-B6B2-91F2FFC8B39D.jpeg
D2AAA4EE-52A1-4475-856E-43CB88DB010D.jpeg
CB6F545D-720E-4F23-BDDB-A402D665BD73.jpeg
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

galvanic1882 wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:35 pm Here’s my latest one, 11” Latama Flatguard, been looking for one a long time that I could afford. It came from a picker I know that found it in Iowa!
Beautiful Latama Mike! ::tu:: When I first looked at your picture I didn't see the bolster "ears" due to the background and thought it was an icepick. I too have been watching for quite awhile for a Latama I can afford and sure hope I find one eventually to add to my collection, but it's gotta be a Flatguard. 8) P.S.-After your purchase do you still have both arms and legs? ::shrug:: LOL!
8)
Samb

Post by Samb »

Nice find, congratulations.
galvanic1882
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by galvanic1882 »

Thanks guys, yep still have both arms and legs but lost a couple of fingers LOL
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

galvanic1882 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:50 am Thanks guys, yep still have both arms and legs but lost a couple of fingers LOL
::rotflol:: ::clapping:: ::rotflol:: ! 8)
8)
roofsc

Post by roofsc »

Attachments
fullsizeoutput_d48.jpeg
" there is a collection in my accumulation ? "
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

roofsc wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:08 am
Nice one's Roof! ::tu:: I see what appear to be fluted humpback release levers on the spine of both knives, are they swivel-bolster release, or humpback release? Thx! 8)
8)
roofsc

Post by roofsc »

yes sir, humpbacks !!
" there is a collection in my accumulation ? "
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Wow, I've never seen that model knife with a humpback release! ::hmm:: I'm wondering if perhaps the knives were converted from manuals to autos? ::shrug:: Very cool knives in any case! 8)
8)
Bill DeShivs

Post by Bill DeShivs »

No, they were made this way.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler

Factory authorized repair for:
Latama
Mauro Mario
LePre
Colonial
KABAR
Hubertus, Grafrath, Ritter
Schrade Cut. Co., Geo Schrade, Pressbutton, Flylock
Falcon/AKC/AGA Campolin
Puma
Burrell Cutlery
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Very cool, thanks Bill! ::handshake:: 8)
8)

Return to “Switchblade Knife Collector`s Forum”