Has anybody seen one of these Press Button brand knifes before?

If you like Automatic knives, this is the forum to discuss and display them.
waylon1979

Has anybody seen one of these Press Button brand knifes before?

Post by waylon1979 »

Picked up a double blade Press button knife with sliding safeties... big blade works great as it should. Smaller blade will not close open or closed. Does have spring to it though. This knife has sliding safeties on it.... the small blade it appears the safety is missing. The mechanism is there though.
waylon1979

Re: Has anybody seen one of these Press Button brand knifes before?

Post by waylon1979 »

Markings on blade on clearly readable such as pat # and make of knife. If u look u can clearly see this knife as locking safeties. Have been told extremely rare in any condition.... just wanting some thoughts on rarity and value. Thanks
Attachments
20190217_134445.jpg
20190217_134520.jpg
wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

While the knife itself is not that "rare" it having safeties is fairly scarce,,,, as for value with the blades down and sharpened& one safety gone id say maybe a couple hundred OR what someone is willing to pay
waylon1979

Post by waylon1979 »

I was told that Mark Erickson in his book said these knifes with the safeties are extremely rare. And it said he only had 2.... They were thought not 2 even 2 exist untill recently... thought to be prototypes but he believes they made it into production.... Have u actually seen one in person? Maybe it's not rare but I'm going on what I was told. Thanks
waylon1979

Post by waylon1979 »

And I know the knife is far from mint.... just wanting some info on the rarity etc and value
wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

Rare is a relative term , I personally have held a few various ones with the safety ranging in size and have seen several more, not to knock the knife at all , it is a rare configuration having the safeties but the condition is far from excellent. best bet is to wait till one of the experts here chimes in.
waylon1979

Post by waylon1979 »

I was told they only made these in the 3 3/8 size double in the press button brand. But I'm not a expert that's why I'm looking for info. Thanks
wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

The safety has been seen on at least 2 sizes of doubles
galvanic1882
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by galvanic1882 »

Yes they are rare. I have seen 4 and have held 3 in 30 plus years of looking at knives but the condition is poor and I think your buy it now on ebay is high but then again you never know what someone will pay.

Return to “Switchblade Knife Collector`s Forum”