Frank B. 11" Automatic Stiletto - Poor Quality or Fake?

If you like Automatic knives, this is the forum to discuss and display them.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Frank B. 11" Automatic Stiletto - Poor Quality or Fake?

Post by Madmarco »

I'm a bit late on this post Herb, but, I purchased 2 older 11"- Frank B's from a collector, 1/dark horn scales, and 1/white pearlex scales, and the stamp on both is quite faint, but I know for a fact that they are genuine. The 2 knives I bought are both in far better condition than the 1 you purchased, even though they are older. The comment stating that these are inconsistent builds is 100% accurate, as I was told the exact same thing. I purchased an 11" AGA Campolin that arrived in less than ideal shape, rather weak firing and lock-up, and when I mentioned this to the seller, he said, "That model is notorious for having weak springs" and, "Italian knives are built by 80 year old men who don't see as well as they use to, or whack the rivets like they use to, and it all depends on how much wine the builder has drank prior to working on the build, as to how the knife will turn out"! I'm sure you have acted on the solution to your problem by now, but I'm in total agreement with selling the knife and replacing it with a better quality piece. Once you've fired a quality auto, and heard it "sing" open, you'll be hooked for life! Just my 2 cents! 8)
8)

Return to “Switchblade Knife Collector`s Forum”