New Kershaw Launch 8 (Stiletto made in USA).

If you like Automatic knives, this is the forum to discuss and display them.
Captain O

New Kershaw Launch 8 (Stiletto made in USA).

Post by Captain O »

I just ordered one of these.

https://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/server1900 ... 80.jpg?c=2

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
Inspired by the look of classic Italian stilettos, the Kershaw Launch 8 modernizes this traditional design for a new generation of knife enthusiasts. The Kershaw Launch 8 features the sleek, symmetrical lines of a stiletto in a push-button knife that’s lightweight—only 2.4 ounces—and easy-to-carry. The blade is CPM 154 with a stonewashed finish. The slim blade is sharpened on one side, and it has a deep top grind to lighten weight and add stiletto style.

The handle is gray anodized aluminum with a handsome carbon fiber insert. To maintain the Launch 8’s symmetrical look, the pivot is sunk deep in the handle and covered by the insert. Integrated finger-guards on both top and bottom of the handle keep fingers away from danger. The Launch 8 also has a reversible pocketclip (right/left, tip-up) for convenient carry. *By purchasing this knife you are agreeing to our terms & conditions*

Overall Length: 8.25"
Blade Length: 3.50"
Blade Thickness: 0.12"
Blade Material: CPM-154
Blade Style: Spear Point
Blade Grind: Flat
Blade Finish: Stonewash
Edge Type: Plain
Handle Length: 4.75"
Handle Thickness: 0.45"
Handle Material: Aluminum, Carbon Fiber
Handle Color: Gray, Black
Weight: 2.40 oz.
User: Right Hand, Left Hand
Pocket Clip: Tip-Up
Knife Type: Automatic
Opener: Push Button
Lock Type: Plunge Lock
Model: Launch 8
Model Number: 7150
Designer: Matt Diskin
Country of Origin: USA

I think that it could come in handy for lots of "occasions". Not too big, not too small, CPM-154 "stonewashed" Stainless Steel. What more could one ask from a 3.5" blade "made in Portland, Oregon"?

This will make a great "carry" knife. :mrgreen: 8) ::tu::
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: New Kershaw Launch 8 (Stiletto made in USA).

Post by gsmith7158 »

Looks like a nice one Captain O! Should be a dandy from Kershaw. ::tu::

https://www.gpknives.com/kershaw-launch ... knife.html
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

Thanks. This should be a better "carry option" than my Ganzo G707. (Though I still like it a lot!) The CPM-154 steel will resist corrosion while holding an edge comparable to S30V steel. It beats the daylight out of the cheaper steels as well as render yeoman service when called upon during the rigors of daily carry. ::tu:: 8)
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

I can't carry them in Virginia, or even buy them.

I do admit, Kershaw is doing a really great job by having them American made, using top-of-the-line materials, and pricing them competitively at $100. CPM-154 is a great steel. I've used my Buck 110LT "Shield" heavily since I got it when they came out in November; and I haven't really had to touch it up. And I've probably used that 110 harder than any other one I own.
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

My Launch 8 arrived this morning and I couldn't be happier. I have named this slim, sharp gem "my little apple peeler" (after a 1959 Yancy Derringer line Jock Mahoney made as he stuck a bad guy's Kris blade picklock into the card table before leaving with his winnings). 8)

This little Stiletto is 8.25" of cool with 3.5" of CPM-154 razor-sharp, needle-point goodness! Made in Oregon with the cache' of an Italian stiletto (but infinitely more versatile). I love this darned thing. Not only is it a great design, but the knife "disappears" into my slacks/jacket/shirt pocket. At 2.4 ounces it rides unnoticed until it is called upon for nearly any cutting task at hand. ::tu:: :mrgreen:

Here's Kershaw's Video about the Launch 8: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Z1GxMJ0Bk

Life is good. ::ds::
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

I saw a link to DHGate about one of those, they were pretty quick copying that one.

Return to “Switchblade Knife Collector`s Forum”