new factory buck 110-112 rewiew

If you like Automatic knives, this is the forum to discuss and display them.
alabama

new factory buck 110-112 rewiew

Post by alabama »

picked up 110 and 112 autos last week-the 112s arrived the day I called-the 110 worked 2 or three times then stopped opening all the way...the 112 worked fine....I sprayed the 110 with crc-3-36 wiggled blade side to side a little it works fine now-but the 112 after opening 3 or 4 times is doing the same...I had already lubricated it...thin oil that leaves a coating...quality control on first batch seems to be lacking...
XX Case XX

Re: new factory buck 110-112 rewiew

Post by XX Case XX »

Well that ain't good. Did you notify Buck and tell them about the issues you're having?

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
alabama

Post by alabama »

make that review I don't know what a rewiew is I think I invented a new word….. no-if I cant get the 112 going its headed back to factory...I bought them at a very good price...from bladematrix which is 2nd generation of cecil clark knives in Newport ky. he told me a few years ago he had to order 40k minimum to get the best price-before that 25k for many years...he would replace it but is going to retire before long I don't want to bother him-not his fault....if you want a good price on any buck knife try bladematrix...
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

Take heart, Buck will "make it right". They have my undying confidence. Those "bad boys" should work as does a "soul inspired".
alabama

Post by alabama »

good- thank you..
eveled

Post by eveled »

Buck’s customer service is the best I know of in any business. You pay to ship it there. They’ll make it right and send it back.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Two new knives & neither works properly. This is either a design problem or poor workmanship.
Have you searched on line to see if others are also having problems with these 2 Buck knives ?
kj
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

I have a buck 110 Auto and an 898 impact (first run). Both are great. You may have caught two "lemons", but this I promise, Buck will take care of you. I trust them implicitly.
alabama

Post by alabama »

kj-yes I searched a little-could not find anything...I imagine others will have problems and will post them shortly..
alabama

Post by alabama »

this post is a little early-have not tried this yet....I called buck they told me to try oil with TEFLON in it...they recently switched oil on the autos...or send it in they will replace/repair...2 month turnaround on repairs at this time...mine is new so they will replace if needed...I MIGHT GET MY 3 in 1 OIL AND SCRAPE SOME TEFLON OUT OF AN OLD NO-STICK SKILLET AND GIVE HER A TRY...or head to the local gun shop and pick up some oil...will let you know...
Bill DeShivs

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Of course it's a design issue. These knives were designed as lock blades, not autos.
A dab of lithium automotive grease may cure your problems, though.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler

Factory authorized repair for:
Latama
Mauro Mario
LePre
Colonial
KABAR
Hubertus, Grafrath, Ritter
Schrade Cut. Co., Geo Schrade, Pressbutton, Flylock
Falcon/AKC/AGA Campolin
Puma
Burrell Cutlery
alabama

Post by alabama »

thank you Mr. DeShivs I have some white lithium grease somewhere...had not thought of design issue...I asked customer service if they had any problems with autos...she said-we have a few bugs to work out because they are new production...why did I sell my old AKC LEVERLETTO must get another...
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

I am not an auto guy, but I am a fan of Latama's Quick Release Oil! It is the only oil I use on slipjoints because it is so effective. I have used it on slipjoints with no snap and was amazed to find after opening and closing the knife a couple times that the snap returned!

I have heard from auto collectors and makers that it or the best oil they have found for autos.

I would for sure try the lithium grease Bill suggested, but, keep the Quick Release Oil in mind, it had really amazed me.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
alabama

Post by alabama »

orvet you are the 2nd person to mention quick release to me...I have quite a few old knives...some need help...will buy some...I think I saw an ad in blade magazine,thank you all.
Bill DeShivs

Post by Bill DeShivs »

I use Quick Release oil, too. As a matter of fact, I endorse it. It's good stuff.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler

Factory authorized repair for:
Latama
Mauro Mario
LePre
Colonial
KABAR
Hubertus, Grafrath, Ritter
Schrade Cut. Co., Geo Schrade, Pressbutton, Flylock
Falcon/AKC/AGA Campolin
Puma
Burrell Cutlery
alabama

Post by alabama »

cant find my lithium grease-tried quick release and teflon oil it did free everything up so I can tell whats wrong with it...weak spring....going back to buck when fixed they are headed to the local flea market..2 nib bucks...they are not as nice as aftermarket conversions I have owned...with a strong spring that will eventually peen the backspring... and open past 180 degrees...listen to mr. Bill D. before purchasing.

Return to “Switchblade Knife Collector`s Forum”