An old Japanese leverlock........

If you like Automatic knives, this is the forum to discuss and display them.
knife7knut

An old Japanese leverlock........

Post by knife7knut »

Picked this up at a local antique shop today.Thought at first it was one of those Chinese knockoffs of the Japanese knives that used to be so popular in Mexico back in the 1950's and 60's. Turns out it is one from that era! Solid brass bolsters instead of the cheap tin covers;solid construction and very smooth operation.A good companion for the non automatic folding guard model I got awhile back.
Attachments
JapaneseSwitchblade$37.10 001.jpg
JapaneseSwitchblade$37.10 002.jpg
JapaneseSwitchblade$37.10 004.jpg
StainlessSteelJapanSwingGuard 001.jpg
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: An old Japanese leverlock........

Post by doglegg »

Knice pick up k7k. Looks to be in good shape. Looks very Mexican with all the embellishments. That is not criticism just an observation. Cool. ::nod:: ::tu::
knife7knut

Re: An old Japanese leverlock........

Post by knife7knut »

doglegg wrote:Knice pick up k7k. Looks to be in good shape. Looks very Mexican with all the embellishments. That is not criticism just an observation. Cool. ::nod:: ::tu::
I'm not sure whether they were made exclusively for the Mexican market but I know they sold a lot of them down there.This must be an earlier one as the one's I usually see are cheaply made and have stamped tin bolsters instead of solid brass or nickel silver like this one does.It also feels very solid and snaps well. I paid $35 plus tax so I think I got a fair deal.
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!

Return to “Switchblade Knife Collector`s Forum”