Some of my autos!

If you like Automatic knives, this is the forum to discuss and display them.
Captain O

Re: Some of my autos!

Post by Captain O »

Madmarco wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:31 pm
Captain O wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:51 am
Madmarco wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:09 am
Thanks buddy! ::handshake:: I agree with you completely, IMHO ProTech and Piranha make some of the best knives available today! 8)
There's nothing quite like picking up a bad-@$$ auto to make you feel rather brutish and tough. ::sneaky:: I really enjoy my Piranha knives. (The "Rated R" will be # 5 on my all-American "Hit Parade"). ::tu:: 8) :wink: The Triton Hendrix Viper-Tec OTF has parts made in Asia, but it is assembled in the US of A. 8) The AKC X-treme OTF (from the people in old Italy) is no slouch either. ::smirk::

That side-opener of yours is SO tough and mean-looking! :shock: (The 154CM blade will pass through most materials as if it were white-hot while cutting warm butter). ::ds:: That's a "working automatic" if I ever saw one! ::tu:: ::nod:: (The first time I saw one, a cold shiver ran down my spine).
Yep, I know those feelings quite well bud! I've had a thing for automatics ever since I saw one on T.V. when I was 6 yrs. old and asked my Mom, "what's that?" I never actually fired or even held a fully operational auto until just a couple of yrs. ago, but even before that during all those yrs. in-between I've been addicted to that satisfying "crack" one hears when an auto snaps open. That sound is what gives me a chill up my spine! I recently bought an AKC X-treme side opener and I just love it, what's your opinion on their OTF cuz I've been looking at those too? You should seriously consider getting a Kwaiken cuz I know you'd like it and in your case it would get plenty of use, and, it's priced similarly to what you've been paying for your Piranha's. Please let me know about the OTF! 8)
Truth be told, the AKC EVO X-treme Auto has a short "ring" sound when it opens and closes, but the blade play/wobble is almost non-existent. The Triton Hendrix Viper-Tec makes no such "ring" but has some blade wobble (not much, but it is noticeable). All four of my Piranha side openers are tight wth negligible blade play (none that I have noticed).

I was introduced to automatics with my dad's Italian Fishtail Picklock (which I had faithfully reproduced by Jeremy T Kreis). I have many neat autos and prefer knives that I can carry and use (in my warped mind, this justifies their purchase). Look into the Asheville Steel "Paragon" single-action OTF knives. They'll provide an S30V Steel blade that holds a wonderful edge at an affordable price. https://www.bladehq.com/item--Asheville ... -SP--76368
AKC EVO X-treme OTF knives hover around $100.00-$120.00 (USD). Their AUS8 blades aren't too shabby and lend themselves to mild-to-moderate use.

Perform your "due diligence" and buy what you think is best suited for your needs.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Captain O wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:23 pm
Captain O wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:51 am

There's nothing quite like picking up a bad-@$$ auto to make you feel rather brutish and tough. ::sneaky:: I really enjoy my Piranha knives. (The "Rated R" will be # 5 on my all-American "Hit Parade"). ::tu:: 8) :wink: The Triton Hendrix Viper-Tec OTF has parts made in Asia, but it is assembled in the US of A. 8) The AKC X-treme OTF (from the people in old Italy) is no slouch either. ::smirk::

That side-opener of yours is SO tough and mean-looking! :shock: (The 154CM blade will pass through most materials as if it were white-hot while cutting warm butter). ::ds:: That's a "working automatic" if I ever saw one! ::tu:: ::nod:: (The first time I saw one, a cold shiver ran down my spine).
Yep, I know those feelings quite well bud! I've had a thing for automatics ever since I saw one on T.V. when I was 6 yrs. old and asked my Mom, "what's that?" I never actually fired or even held a fully operational auto until just a couple of yrs. ago, but even before that during all those yrs. in-between I've been addicted to that satisfying "crack" one hears when an auto snaps open. That sound is what gives me a chill up my spine! I recently bought an AKC X-treme side opener and I just love it, what's your opinion on their OTF cuz I've been looking at those too? You should seriously consider getting a Kwaiken cuz I know you'd like it and in your case it would get plenty of use, and, it's priced similarly to what you've been paying for your Piranha's. Please let me know about the OTF! 8)
Truth be told, the AKC EVO X-treme Auto has a short "ring" sound when it opens and closes, but the blade play/wobble is almost non-existent. The Triton Hendrix Viper-Tec makes no such "ring" but has some blade wobble (not much, but it is noticeable). All four of my Piranha side openers are tight wth negligible blade play (none that I have noticed).

I was introduced to automatics with my dad's Italian Fishtail Picklock (which I had faithfully reproduced by Jeremy T Kreis). I have many neat autos and prefer knives that I can carry and use (in my warped mind, this justifies their purchase). Look into the Asheville Steel "Paragon" single-action OTF knives. They'll provide an S30V Steel blade that holds a wonderful edge at an affordable price. https://www.bladehq.com/item--Asheville ... -SP--76368
AKC EVO X-treme OTF knives hover around $100.00-$120.00 (USD). Their AUS8 blades aren't too shabby and lend themselves to mild-to-moderate use.

Perform your "due diligence" and buy what you think is best suited for your needs.
I'm wondering if the "ring" you hear is simply the metal-on-metal sounding off upon opening/closing? It doesn't surprise me that your Piranha's have nice tight tolerances, they're such well made knives. I remember clearly when you had the fishtail repro done, right from your 1st post asking if anyone knew who could make one for you, all the way to completion and how happy you were. Great way to honor and remember your Dad. I had looked at the Paragon single-action knives at Roadsideimports.com when they were still in business, but I ultimately didn't care for the hollow blade along with the single-action. I figure if it's an automatic it should be fully automatic, or at the very least BO/BC, and the idea of needing to charge the blade manually each time just didn't do it for me. To each his own, I guess! 8)
8)
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

Madmarco wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:54 am
Captain O wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:23 pm

I'm wondering if the "ring" you hear is simply the metal-on-metal sounding off upon opening/closing? It doesn't surprise me that your Piranha's have nice tight tolerances, they're such well made knives. I remember clearly when you had the fishtail repro done, right from your 1st post asking if anyone knew who could make one for you, all the way to completion and how happy you were. Great way to honor and remember your Dad. I had looked at the Paragon single-action knives at Roadsideimports.com when they were still in business, but I ultimately didn't care for the hollow blade along with the single-action. I figure if it's an automatic it should be fully automatic, or at the very least BO/BC, and the idea of needing to charge the blade manually each time just didn't do it for me. To each his own, I guess! 8)
Blade HQ is a good source for OTF knives, so is Blade Ops. Roadside imports are very expensive and I have only bought from them once. (I won't do it again). Blade City is worth a look (you can pick up an OTF that has been assembled in the US of A at a reasonable price). Some of the more expensive ($149.95 USD) OTF knives have M390 stainless steel blades. I'll look up some other vendors for you.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I'm not a huge fan of OTF's, in fact, the 2 in the pictures are the only 2 I own. They are referred to these days as Mago brand knives, but when I bought mine from China a couple of years ago they didn't actually have a name for them other than Italian OTF knife. Since then I saw them too at Roadsideimports who referred to them as "Tomb Raider" knives, but any knifer worth his salt knows the real Tomb Raider knife built by Paul "Burn" Panak has a finger-loop integrated into the top bolster. Jus' FYI, Roadsideimports was shut down by the government last September, likely for infractions of the Switchblade Act of 1958, and they must have been serious charges because the law is loosening up so much all over the US about automatic knives. That's JB's "Instant Karma" for the way he treated his customers. He is not very well liked in the knife community, and even less on the forums. I did get a dozen beautiful knives from him though before he was closed. I appreciate the offer and the leads but you needn't scout for any more dealers for me because most won't ship outside the US, and I have a connection in the states who will buy them for me, remove the blade, and send it in 2 separate packages so as to get them past Customs. Plus I have 2 connections in Europe who will do the same so I'm pretty much covered, but thanks anyway. Both knives below came with bolster "ears" but I'm such a big fan of Icepick autos that I ground the "ears" off of the 9" model, and was actually going to do the same to the 11" model, but I ran out of cutting wheels. Just as well though, cuz now I have an example of each. They're big heavy boxy knives, but they operate exceptionally well! 8)
WIN_20211215_17_12_46_Pro.jpg
WIN_20211215_17_13_01_Pro.jpg
WIN_20211215_17_13_35_Pro.jpg
WIN_20211215_17_13_58_Pro.jpg
WIN_20211215_17_14_15_Pro.jpg
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

This is my most recent acquisition and it came gently used from our own Muskratman who was kind enough to convert the pivot from a fixed rivet to a screw and barrel pivot so that he could send it to me in 2 packages to ensure it passed Customs! It's an Italian 11 1/4" oal genuine handmade picklock swinguard by Antonio Contini and has a 5mm SS bayonet blade with Antonio's stamp, SS bolsters liners firing lever pins and 1/4" thick guards, white n' brown bone covers, file-worked spine, 1-piece 5mm back-spring, and spine-mounted safety. A very heavy knife coming in at around 14 oz.'s, and the 1 edge that came sharpened cut me immediately. It cracks open with force and locks up solid. Fit n' finish is impeccable. This is the first of his knives I have seen with a safety, and Kaleb told me it was likely from a special order and cost the buyer additional monies. As I do with all my new knives I applied Q.R. oil to the pivot and catch-hole, and the result is a very strong firing automatic knife! Another thing I do with new knives is remove the swinguards for an Icepick look, but the 1/4" solid SS guards on this knife look so good that they're staying put. I had tried to SFO a knife from their website about a year ago, but due to a language barrier and somewhat complicated site it never happened, so you can imagine my elation when I spotted the knife in Kaleb's AAPK store for sale! If anyone would like to see more examples of these artists work you can go to www.sardinianknives.com , and click-on "Italian Switchblade Knives" for multiple pages of their knives! It's definitely worth the effort if you appreciate beautiful Italian knives like I do! 8)
WIN_20211230_16_06_11_Pro.jpg
WIN_20211230_16_05_34_Pro.jpg
My apologies for the poor pictures, I just couldn't avoid the glare! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I had these 2 knives custom built, paid for, and delivered except for the pivot screws awhile back, and the pivot screws just arrived today so I was finally able to install the blades and enjoy my new knives! They are built by a doctor in Armenia who then sends them to Florida to have custom exotic covers installed and then sent back to him for sale. I was fortunate enough to have been introduced to the doctor's assistant with whom I worked out the delivery details to Canada and then made the purchases. The knives are unique in that they have an extended lock-tab that sticks out from the frame when the blade is closed, when it's open it looks like any other picklock auto. I don't believe the extension serves any particular purpose, it's simply the way they were designed. The first one is 11 1/2" oal with a 5mm SS bayonet blade, NS squared bolsters with a crest image etch on the bottom one's, 1/8" thick SS liners and pins, SS ribbed firing lever, 5mm file-worked spine, and white n' green camel bone covers. My scale doesn't go high enough to weigh the knife, but it is so heavy I'm gonna guesstimate 12-15 oz.'s, and came with the bottom edge of the blade only slightly sharpened. Completely unmarked. The other knife is 10 3/4" oal with a 5mm SS dagger blade, NS squared bolsters with no etches, 1/8" thick SS liners and pins, SS ribbed firing lever, 5mm file-worked spine, and pure white camel bone covers. This knife is 3/4" shorter than the other, but it still weighs fairly close to the 12 or so oz.'s the other model weighs and the blade came with similar sharpening. Also completely unmarked. Both knives fire with immense force and lock tight and solid every time. The fit n' finish is 2nd to none. These knives are so unique that even the pivot screw is unlike any other I've seen. I am really quite pleased to finally have my new knives fully operational since it was a long hard wait for all the parts to arrive. As usual my pictures are full of glare, for which I apologize, the knives are much nicer in person! 8)
WIN_20220111_19_16_39_Pro.jpg
WIN_20220111_19_17_08_Pro.jpg
WIN_20220111_19_17_47_Pro.jpg
WIN_20220111_19_18_04_Pro.jpg
I have a previous post of the 1st knife on page 7 of this thread when it first arrived with out it's pivot screw, but since it's too late to make changes to that post I re-did it here with the knife fully operational! 8)
8)
charlesf20

Post by charlesf20 »

Must feel real nice now that it is completed. Good job.
wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

Cool ! is this DR. related to the original producers of this so called Armenian Doctors knife ? there has been older examples shown years ago that were vintage and referred to as such.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

charlesf20 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:00 am Must feel real nice now that it is completed. Good job.
Thanks Charles! ::handshake:: Yah, it feels great, especially since it took so long for everything to get to me. ::facepalm:: I see some cool knives in your store, keep up the good work! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

wiseguy wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:28 am Cool ! is this DR. related to the original producers of this so called Armenian Doctors knife ? there has been older examples shown years ago that were vintage and referred to as such.
Hey bud! I'm afraid I don't know if there's any connection between the two. ::shrug:: If you go back to page 7 of this thread and scroll about half way down to the first posting of the knife, and read towards the bottom of the post about seeing the YouTube video, then you can watch it and perhaps determine if these are the parties you're referring to. The video is by Le Roi Price so you'll know you have the correct one. I first watched the video about 2 years ago, but I have no idea how long these knives have been available. Hope that helps! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

This snappy little knife finally showed up in my mailbox today after about a five year wait because that's how long it's taken me to find one with all the needed shipping methods that are necessary for me to successfully receive my knives! Although, it was worth the wait! It's a 7" oal Benchmade 3551 Stimulus auto with a 154CM bayonet blade, coil-spring BO/BC action, spine mounted safety, aluminum body, lanyard and a pocket-clip. Fairly light for my liking at just 2.9 oz.'s and arrived with only the bottom edge sharp. With an application of Q.R. oil this baby fires like the proverbial cannon and folds closed smoothly. The fit n' finish is near perfect. Not only did I like the way the knife looks, but I've read many reviews saying these are solid well built autos, and even though I'll not likely get to ever use it myself the individual receiving my collection will have a good little user to put through it's paces one day! My pictures are dark, I know, nothing I could do about it, if you enlarge them you can see them a bit better! 8)
WIN_20220310_10_46_49_Pro.jpg
WIN_20220310_10_46_09_Pro.jpg
8)
Samb

Post by Samb »

I had one of those and wish I wouldn't have sold it. Live and learn I guess.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Yep, I guess buddy! ::tu:: I'm quite excited about this knife, it's nicer than I was expecting! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I had a deep desire satisfied today with the arrival of this 9" oal Milano all-chrome auto stiletto! I saw this knife perhaps 10 years ago and fell in love with it cuz I'm a sucker for shiny, but living where I do made it impossible to order one without fear of certain confiscation by Customs. The years would pass and I'd occasionally see copies online, but was never able to pick one up and still had the burning desire to own one. Then about a month or so ago I spotted a few up for auction on Gunbroker. I'd been involved onsite with Jamie from JamieinWV in something I can't recall at the moment, but in the midst of this I asked if he was a member of G/B cuz I was aware of his involvement with guns, all the while having trouble setting up a G/B account for myself, so I asked him if he would bid on the knife and if won ship it to me. We won the auction and I had to decide how to ship it to me. I had a package from Jamie with a knife inside arrive uninspected by Customs previously so I decided to take the chance and have it shipped to me fully assembled and operational. BIG mistake! The tracking stopped updating on March 19th so shortly after that I knew the packaged had been seized. They haven't sent me any notification of seizure yet but that's not unusual, sometimes it takes them months to contact the buyer, but from much prior experience I know it's seized. I was disappointed but not too badly cuz it was my decision to ship it whole and I was fully aware of the risks. Then a few days later Jamie contacted me and said to stay tuned for a surprise! Shortly after that he sent me pictures of another copy of the knife along with detailed pictures and step-by-step assembly instructions! He had contacted a friend of his who has access to Mexican autos and that fella just happened to have 1 copy left, of which Jamie bought from him and sent to me, this time in 2 separate packages to ensure it would pass Customs. Both packages arrived at the post office on April 12th but due to a spring blizzard we had the packages couldn't be delivered until today. I was pretty excited to be assembling my new knife and in my excitement I lost the tiny button spring! My excitement turned to dread and I was exhausted so I went back to bed to sleep it off. I woke up a bit later with a brand new plan! I would take the spring from a ball-point pen, cut it to size, and assemble my knife, and it worked perfectly! I was telling Jamie that the spring I installed was very likely faster and harder firing than the original! So, in the end I got my "Grail" knife and I couldn't be happier! Some of you might think, "a grail knife for $50.?" but it is what it is! The knife is a 9" oal Milano with SS bayonet blade with n/n in case the spring ever breaks although it's completely concealed when the blade is closed,(?) SS frame, ABS chrome colored inlayed covers, BO/BC action, and a pocket-clip. Weighs about 4 oz.'s and came adequately sharp. After a drop of Q.R. oil it fires fast and hard and locks-up tight. Fit n' finish is excellent. Jamie even threw in the cool little Rough Rider watch/change pocket lockback as a gift! This one is 4" oal Rough Rider lockback with a 440 SS drop-point blade with coined n/n, dyed Emerald green swirled bone(?)covers, NS fluted bolsters, and brass liners and pins. Very light at only about an oz. and very sharp. Walks and talks about 5, with a near perfect fit n' finish. Thanks buddy, you made it all possible! ::handshake:: 8)
WIN_20220419_14_58_42_Pro.jpg
WIN_20220419_14_58_21_Pro.jpg
WIN_20220419_14_57_40_Pro.jpg
WIN_20220419_14_58_01_Pro.jpg
8)
Samb

Post by Samb »

Glad to see this one slip through, cool beans! ::ds::
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks buddy! ::handshake:: It took 2 tries but at least it finally got to me! 8)
8)
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

Madmarco wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:28 pm I had a deep desire satisfied today with the arrival of this 9" oal Milano all-chrome auto stiletto! I saw this knife perhaps 10 years ago and fell in love with it cuz I'm a sucker for shiny, but living where I do made it impossible to order one without fear of certain confiscation by Customs. The years would pass and I'd occasionally see copies online, but was never able to pick one up and still had the burning desire to own one. Then about a month or so ago I spotted a few up for auction on Gunbroker. I'd been involved onsite with Jamie from JamieinWV in something I can't recall at the moment, but in the midst of this I asked if he was a member of G/B cuz I was aware of his involvement with guns, all the while having trouble setting up a G/B account for myself, so I asked him if he would bid on the knife and if won ship it to me. We won the auction and I had to decide how to ship it to me. I had a package from Jamie with a knife inside arrive uninspected by Customs previously so I decided to take the chance and have it shipped to me fully assembled and operational. BIG mistake! The tracking stopped updating on March 19th so shortly after that I knew the packaged had been seized. They haven't sent me any notification of seizure yet but that's not unusual, sometimes it takes them months to contact the buyer, but from much prior experience I know it's seized. I was disappointed but not too badly cuz it was my decision to ship it whole and I was fully aware of the risks. Then a few days later Jamie contacted me and said to stay tuned for a surprise! Shortly after that he sent me pictures of another copy of the knife along with detailed pictures and step-by-step assembly instructions! He had contacted a friend of his who has access to Mexican autos and that fella just happened to have 1 copy left, of which Jamie bought from him and sent to me, this time in 2 separate packages to ensure it would pass Customs. Both packages arrived at the post office on April 12th but due to a spring blizzard we had the packages couldn't be delivered until today. I was pretty excited to be assembling my new knife and in my excitement I lost the tiny button spring! My excitement turned to dread and I was exhausted so I went back to bed to sleep it off. I woke up a bit later with a brand new plan! I would take the spring from a ball-point pen, cut it to size, and assemble my knife, and it worked perfectly! I was telling Jamie that the spring I installed was very likely faster and harder firing than the original! So, in the end I got my "Grail" knife and I couldn't be happier! Some of you might think, "a grail knife for $50.?" but it is what it is! The knife is a 9" oal Milano with SS bayonet blade with n/n in case the spring ever breaks although it's completely concealed when the blade is closed,(?) SS frame, ABS chrome colored inlayed covers, BO/BC action, and a pocket-clip. Weighs about 4 oz.'s and came adequately sharp. After a drop of Q.R. oil it fires fast and hard and locks-up tight. Fit n' finish is excellent. Jamie even threw in the cool little Rough Rider watch/change pocket lockback as a gift! This one is 4" oal Rough Rider lockback with a 440 SS drop-point blade with coined n/n, dyed Emerald green swirled bone(?)covers, NS fluted bolsters, and brass liners and pins. Very light at only about an oz. and very sharp. Walks and talks about 5, with a near perfect fit n' finish. Thanks buddy, you made it all possible! ::handshake:: 8)WIN_20220419_14_58_42_Pro.jpgWIN_20220419_14_58_21_Pro.jpgWIN_20220419_14_57_40_Pro.jpgWIN_20220419_14_58_01_Pro.jpg
I may be more happier than you are..I hope you enjoy it and you can even relish in the fact that you obtained it totally legal by receiving parts….
If God didn’t want us to have guns, he wouldn’t have given us trigger fingers!" - Yosemite Sam
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, “Those who can count and Those who can’t”
www.allaboutpocketknives.com/jamieinwv
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

You said it man! ::tu:: 8)
8)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

That’s a beauty, nice lines on that knife, I can see why you would want that so badly. The RR is one I’ve thought about off and on when I see one.
Congrats on both.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks Mark, appreciate your comments! ::handshake:: It was the all-chrome shiny appearance that got to me all those years ago, and the fact it's an auto is just a bonus! A very inexpensive knife but everything about it just does it for me, and that hasn't changed in 10 years! I think you would really like the little Rough Rider, it very small and would slide easily into a watch or change pocket, and since it has no lanyard hole or pocket-clip it's either there or just into a regular pocket! The Emerald green doesn't show in my pictures, but in person it's gorgeous! A handy tool for likely under $10.! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

For anyone who follows my posts you know I have been attempting to purchase the manual and automatic models of knives I already own or any new models I find, and this one today completes a set so I'm particularly excited about it! Before we go any further, these knives come from China and China may be discussed in my post, so any who are weak of heart should perhaps stop reading here! No, so everyone's staying...? great, lets go! The manual version in the top 2 pictures was posted previously so I won't go into it much, other than to say it's shorter than the auto and it has a brass tube in the lanyard hole. The automatic is 11" oal and is a swinguard lockback with the same SS hardware ABS covers and brass pins as it's 8 3/4" oal manual counterpart, but instead of the Russian decoration like on the manual this model has a button and safety in their place. The SS liners give my knife a comfortable weight of about 8 oz.'s and the cutting edge came surprisingly sharp. It cracks open after some Q.R. oil and folds smoothly closed. The fit n' finish is done as well as many far more expensive knives I've seen. I was actually surprised by the difference in length from the manual, but since BIGGER is always alright by me I'll learn to live with it! I find it very satisfying when I complete a set! 8)
WIN_20220502_16_56_32_Pro.jpg
WIN_20220502_16_56_16_Pro.jpg
WIN_20220502_16_57_44_Pro.jpg
WIN_20220502_16_57_11_Pro.jpg
WIN_20220502_17_00_08_Pro.jpg
WIN_20220502_17_00_59_Pro.jpg
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I received this knife today, and it makes the 46th auto I've been able to acquire so far! Not a bad feat for someone living in Communist Canada, don't ya think! It was built in Pakistan and sold to me via Etsy. The listing stated "Ships from Canada" which excited me cuz I thought someone had finally figured out how to build and sell automatic knives from here, but once I saw Pakistan on the tracking I realized it was just one of those cases where a foreign seller has ties in Canada and first ships the product to who it is they know, who then forwards it on to me once it was safely received from overseas. I really don't care how it got to me, just as long as it did! This is an unmarked lockback Icepick model that measures 9 1/4" oal and has a Damascus bayonet blade, all Damascus hardware but for the brass button and pins, screw construction, ebony wood covers, and extensively fileworked backspring and partial blade. It has my kindda weight coming in at 10 oz.'s or better, and came with just the bottom edge sharp. With the application of Quick Release oil it fires open fast n' hard, and locks up tight and solid. The lockback release on this knife is the softest I've experienced, so much so that I originally thought it might be a safety issue, but after using it a few times I realized it was by design cuz lock-up is tight and secure. From Pakistan, sure, but still a very nice knife! 8)
WIN_20220517_14_34_14_Pro.jpg
WIN_20220517_14_33_31_Pro.jpg
WIN_20220517_14_33_50_Pro.jpg
If you click-on the last picture 2 times you can see the filework much better! I'm not a fan of filework, but on these Damascus knives it seems to look right! 8)
8)
damigg

Post by damigg »

My first OTF, extremely illegal here In Finland, most People have some 10 euro knockoffs usually from China or Estonia, which usually shoot the blade to someones eye or similar after couple tries. This on is a real deal and damn Ilove it.
Attachments
20220518_231535.jpg
20220518_231551.jpg
20220518_231612.jpg
20220518_231605.jpg
damigg

Post by damigg »

Oh right, Also got this bad boy, not many here have these. Its effing Hard to get it through customs but lets keep it at that. OTF itself feels More azmazing I couldve thought of. Im hooked.
Attachments
20220518_232242.jpg
20220518_232333.jpg
20220518_232345.jpg
20220518_232310.jpg
20220518_232250.jpg
Samb

Post by Samb »

You have the bug now. Before you know it you'll have a box full of auto's. Been there and still doing it.

Return to “Switchblade Knife Collector`s Forum”