Some of my autos!

If you like Automatic knives, this is the forum to discuss and display them.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Some of my autos!

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks Mark! I only wish I was younger and still out-and-about more often like I use to be, so I could carry it and use it, because this one really would make for a great EDC! 8)
8)
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

One of my edc rotation knives.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I'm sure it's perfect for that Sam! It was actually your previous recommendation that helped me finally pull the trigger for one, that and I finally found a site where they weren't "Sold Out", so thanks for the endorsement! 8)
8)
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I have several Ganzo automatics and don't have a gripe with any of them. In fact, I've recommended them to several people.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Great looking auto, Madmarco, and I have a bunch of your posts to catch up on. ::tu::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

They sure do seem to be nice little knives Jerry, I hope to own a couple more in the future too! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks John! Be sure to take a look at the posts you missed, because you'll see some great knives! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I somehow overlooked this Leverletto clone that I've had for quite some time. I know it's a clone because it came from China, but clone or not, it's a solid well-built knife. It's 9 " OAL/SS single-edged flat-grind blade with 30% swedge on the tip, brass accented bolsters and pins, SS liners and lever, and dark horn scales. Nice weight at about 5 oz.'s, and arrived sharp. Has the "Leverletto" and "AKC/Italy" etches on the blade and tang. This one cracks open with authority, and locks as tight as a fixed blade. There's a removeable pin that holds the spring in place, and this is very convenient for spring replacement, should the original break. The knife opens/closes via the lever. Paid about 1/2 the price of the original! 8)
WIN_20200830_21_06_35_Pro.jpg
8)
Bill DeShivs

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Paid 1/2, got about 1/4 of a real one.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler

Factory authorized repair for:
Latama
Mauro Mario
LePre
Colonial
KABAR
Hubertus, Grafrath, Ritter
Schrade Cut. Co., Geo Schrade, Pressbutton, Flylock
Falcon/AKC/AGA Campolin
Puma
Burrell Cutlery
Bill DeShivs

Post by Bill DeShivs »

You do realize that In own the US copy rite to the name "Leverletto." don't you?
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler

Factory authorized repair for:
Latama
Mauro Mario
LePre
Colonial
KABAR
Hubertus, Grafrath, Ritter
Schrade Cut. Co., Geo Schrade, Pressbutton, Flylock
Falcon/AKC/AGA Campolin
Puma
Burrell Cutlery
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

This is the 2nd knife I received today in a surprise double-header from my mail gal! I say surprise because I wasn't expecting either knife so soon but I guess logistics are improving around the world, and, not sure if it would be coming at all! I had ordered this knife on 2 other occasions, from 2 other sites, and both of those were seized and destroyed by Customs, but not this one! I'm not sure if you guys can fully appreciate how exciting it is to finally receive a knife that you've wanted for a really long time, but had to receive letters on 2 occasions that your knife has been confiscated and it won't be coming. It's exciting, believe me! This is a Ganzo 707 8" BO/BC auto stiletto/440C SS spear-point bayonet blade with choils and flippers, SS body with dark wood inserts, flush mounted button so no safety, and pocket-clip. Has a nice comfortable weight of about 5 oz.'s, and arrived with only the bottom edge sharpened. There is a Firebird logo(Ganzo changed their name to Firebird)etch on the front of the blade, and, "FBKNIFE/Made by GANZO/F707 440C" etch on the back of the blade. I've admired the design and simplicity of this knife for close to a year, and after samb and jerryd's recommendation, and 2 seizures, I finally own one. The blade flew open with a push of the button, but after I applied a couple of drops of Q.R. oil to the pivot, YIKES, it's like lightning, and it locks-up solid with zero blade play! The design of this knife is very close to the Pro-Tech "Don" model, although, I don't know which one came first, and the Ganzo is better than 2" shorter. A really nice little auto that will give me many hours of pleasurable "click therapy"! 8)
WIN_20200928_20_25_37_Pro.jpg
8)
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

I have a couple of those, my favorite Ganzo!
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Really nice Mark. Reminds me of the Kershaw Launch. Can’t remember the number, I think there are 8 different Launch knives. But their’s are very light compared to yours. I think that added weight would be a welcome addition to that design.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I would love to own another one Sam, ::groove:: maybe I'll take a chance and order another. ::nod:: It's my favorite so far too! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks Mark! ::handshake:: I think you are referring to the Launch 8! It's the model that most resembles that Ganzo 707. Both are very slim knives, and as you said, the added weight of the 707 really helps to make it feel substantial in-hand. It's a very nice, snappy little auto, I'm happy to finally own one! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Got this nice little toy in today's mail, and as usual, it wasn't easy! I ordered it from a seller on etsy and have received 2 knives previously from him already, so I was fairly confident it would get past Customs. I ordered it on Sept. 30th, and when I went back to check on the status of my order on Oct. 8th I discovered etsy had shut-down his store and yanked all his products off the shelf. When I began to investigate on how to apply for a refund, I read some of etsy's "rules", one of them being, no automatic knives. I can't understand how a company can let a seller operate for 5-10 years and then without any notice whatsoever shut them down, thus effectively taking away their livelihood. I wanted to know if my order had been shipped before the store was closed, but when etsy closed everything there was no link to communicate with the seller, but fortunately I found an email address from one of my previous orders from him, so I was able to send a message inquiring about my order. The seller replied to my message the very next day, IN FRENCH, and I understand exactly 1 word of French, bonjour! So, I started running around my apartment block looking for someone who can read and understand French, but couldn't find even one! On the last person I tried it was suggested that I Google "French to English Translator", and copy this, paste that, etc., things that are beyond my understanding of computers. When I did find an online translator it was set-up so you could type the words in French and get the results in English. So, I meticulously wrote out the words and went back to the translator and typed them in. In the message the seller said he wasn't even aware that etsy had shut him down, but, my order had indeed been shipped before they did. This entire episode turned out to be a blessing in disguise because the seller supplied me with a link to his online store, and he sells the exact same products that he did with etsy, MINUS etsy's fees for both of us, and FREE delivery. I've seen etsy do this to another seller that I was doing business with, and their stated reason was that her products didn't comply with etsy's definition of "vintage", and this was after letting her operate for 10 years! I suspect the true reason for these unannounced shut-downs is low volume sales, since etsy lets the Chinese and Indian stores continue to operate, and their products are the farthest thing from "vintage" you can imagine, but, they do high volume sales, so etsy turns a blind eye. Corporate scum-bags IMHO! My apologies for writing a book, but it just wouldn't be the same without the story! On to the knife! This is a 9" oal BO/BC unmarked automatic stiletto/SS modified bayonet blade, SS bolsters liners screws pivot safety button and black scales with through holes. All the SS gives the knife a respectable weight of around 5 oz.'s, and came with the blade relatively sharp. There's a stamp of a big cat and the word "Stainless" on the front blade, but is otherwise unmarked. This one fired nicely right out of the sheath, but with the application of a couple of drops of Q.R. oil and a minor pivot adjustment, it fires like a cannon! I paid CDN$28. for my knife, but now with the connection to the seller's store I'll only need to pay about CDN$13./delivered. I fully realize these are cheap knives, but for the price I can satisfy my "click therapy" and not put any additional stress on the springs of my better models! Thanks for bearing with me fellas! ::handshake:: 8)
WIN_20201013_12_08_29_Pro.jpg
8)
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

I like it!
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Nice huh, Sam! ::tu:: I don't know if you bother with the cheapos anymore, but if you want to look over his stock here's the link, www.lapetitecaverne.fr ! He has a bunch of styles and for 7.99 euros(US$9.38)with free delivery you can't go wrong! 8)
8)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Mark, I am not surprised at Etsy doing this. It’s harder and harder to sell knives online all the time. Glad you got your knives and you like it. It does look nice.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

Madmarco wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:08 pm Nice huh, Sam! ::tu:: I don't know if you bother with the cheapos anymore, but if you want to look over his stock here's the link, www.lapetitecaverne.fr ! He has a bunch of styles and for 7.99 euros(US$9.38)with free delivery you can't go wrong! 8)
Hate to say it but I had so many I gave most of them away. Every time I buy another knife I think what in the world am I doing. The worse of it is this forum is full of people just like me. At least I'm keeping good company!
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks Mark! ::tu:: What you say about online knife sales I'm sure is accurate, ::handshake:: but I truly believe etsy shut him down due to low volume sales, which I feel is confirmed by their closing of the other seller I mentioned, who's sole product was jewellery, and, the fact that they let high volume sellers continue doing business, even though their products aren't even close to "vintage". It all turned out for the best though, since I was able to get the link to his online store which has many more products than what was available on etsy, and cheaper ta boot! JMHO! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

samb1955 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:53 pm
Madmarco wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:08 pm Nice huh, Sam! ::tu:: I don't know if you bother with the cheapos anymore, but if you want to look over his stock here's the link, www.lapetitecaverne.fr ! He has a bunch of styles and for 7.99 euros(US$9.38)with free delivery you can't go wrong! 8)
Hate to say it but I had so many I gave most of them away. Every time I buy another knife I think what in the world am I doing. The worse of it is this forum is full of people just like me. At least I'm keeping good company!
I'm with ya brother! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Well, I got this nice little surprise in today's mail, ::ds:: and it couldn't have arrived at a better time, since I received some rather disappointing news recently regarding a knife I ordered, in that, the order was cancelled and refunded due to the knife no longer being available. ::facepalm:: I really wish some of these companies would stay on top of their inventory, because issues such as this are, not only disappointing, but inconvenient as well. :x Oh well, cest' la vie! No looking back, only forward! ::groove:: On to the knife! It's a Ganzo/Firebird F7362 auto, that's 7 3/4" oal/SS satin-finish drop-point blade, SS bolsters and liners, screw construction, jet-black G-10 scales, pocket-clip, lanyard hole, and BO/BC action. It has an approximate weight of about 3 oz.'s, and came very sharp. There is the Ganzo logo of a hammer inside a hexagon as well as "GANZO" etched on the front blade, and, "G736/440C" along with the Firebird logo etched on the rear blade. This is the 3rd Ganzo I've received recently, and they just keep getting better with each one that arrives. The knife fired with authority straight out of the box, but with the application of Q.R. oil it fires open silky-smooth and locks-up tight and solid. These Ganzo's are quickly becoming one of my favorite knives, since they're so simple and well built. I almost got one with nicely grained wooden scales, but at the last minute decided to stay with the G-10, although, I might order one yet! If I carried a knife on a daily basis, this one would definitely be in my EDC rotation! Very cool, handy little knives! 8)
WIN_20201109_12_13_28_Pro.jpg
8)
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

I have one just like it, love those Ganzos.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Me too Sam! ::handshake:: Have you seen the one's with the light-colored wooden scales? The wood appears to be some sort of hardwood, but very lightly colored, so you can see the grain pattern perfectly! Really nice! Likely my next Ganzo! 8)
8)

Return to “Switchblade Knife Collector`s Forum”