Some of my autos!

If you like Automatic knives, this is the forum to discuss and display them.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Some of my autos!

Post by Madmarco »

This is a one-of-a-kind extremely unique Ukrainian made automatic! It measures exactly 11 " and sports a needle-point dagger grind blade, engraved N/S bolsters, SS modified "picklock" blade release, SS liners, brass pin firing lever encased in ABS plastic and extending out away from the butt-end for blade release, black Delrin covers secure with screws, leaf-spring fired, and a teeny spine-extended SS lanyard bracket. Weighs a comfortable 5 oz.'s, and came with only the bottom edge sharpened. It fires with absolute authority, and the fit n' finish is professionally done. The firing mechanism is quite unique in that, you must pull down on the firing lever, which moves a small bracket at the butt-end away from the blade-tip thus allowing the blade to fire to the locked position. To close the blade, you must move to the right the modified "picklock" lever mechanism that's situated on the front top bolster, while at the same time pulling down on the firing lever again so the blade-tip catch bracket moves out so the blade can enter the channel. Once this is done you must push up on the lever one more time so the catch bracket comes back in and over the blade-tip to hold it closed. On most stiletto automatics the catch-sear that's attached to the firing button end inside the body enters the hole in the blade when you close it, thus holding the blade closed until you fire it again. I realize this is somewhat confusing, so I posted pictures trying to show the process! 8)
WIN_20211108_17_41_36_Pro.jpg
Before firing! The firing lever is he thin little piece above the top screw and at the bottom of the top bolster!
WIN_20211108_13_00_25_Pro.jpg
After firing!
WIN_20211108_13_24_58_Pro.jpg
The small SS piece at the top is the spine-extended lanyard bracket, and the small SS piece at the bottom is the extension of the firing button bracket that once moved allows the blade to be released!
WIN_20211108_13_25_07_Pro.jpg
This is showing the blade-catch bracket back inside the body after the firing lever is pushed back up. The piece at the top is still the lanyard bracket!
WIN_20211108_13_25_39_Pro.jpg
This is showing the blade-release modified "picklock" lever before shifting it to the right to unlock the blade for closing!
WIN_20211108_13_26_40_Pro.jpg
This shows the blade closing after shifting the lever!
WIN_20211108_13_28_53_Pro.jpg
This is a different view of the blade-catch bracket holding the closed blade in!
WIN_20211108_17_46_13_Pro.jpg
And as difficult as it is to see, this is the blade-catch bracket extended out from the body after the blade has been fired, and before the firing lever has been pushed back to the "up" position, thus pulling the bracket back into the body to keep it out of the way! Pretty cool, huh? 8)
8)
Samb

Post by Samb »

Wicked ::sneaky::
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thank you kindly Sam! ::handshake:: 8)
8)
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Nice pictures and detailed explanation of the mechanics, Mark. 😉👍
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

1967redrider wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:42 am Nice pictures and detailed explanation of the mechanics, Mark. 😉👍
Thanks John! ::handshake:: Does it make sense, do you understand how it operates? ::shrug:: 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

This cool little auto rolled in today, and I'm very pleased with it! It's an 8 3/4" oal AKC "X-treme" and it has an AUS-8 dagger blade, black aluminum 2-piece body, no liners, coil-spring fired, adjustable pivot, BO/BC action, and a pocket-clip. Has a very comfy weight of about 4 oz.'s, and only the bottom edge came sharpened. It displays excellent action, and the fit n' finish is well done. Out of the box it fired hard n' fast, but after I applied a drop of Q.R. oil it really snaps open! I've wanted one for a long time and now I have one, just a teriffic knife! 8)
WIN_20211119_16_29_03_Pro.jpg
WIN_20211119_16_28_44_Pro.jpg
8)
Samb

Post by Samb »

Been eyeballing that one myself. Could be my Christmas present to myself. I'm so bad!
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

Madmarco wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:43 am This cool little auto rolled in today, and I'm very pleased with it! It's an 8 3/4" oal AKC "X-treme" and it has an AUS-8 dagger blade, black aluminum 2-piece body, coil-spring fired, adjustable pivot, BO/BC action, and a pocket-clip. Has a very comfy weight of about 4 oz.'s, and only the bottom edge came sharpened. It displays excellent action, and the fit n' finish is well done. Out of the box it fired hard n' fast, but after I applied a drop of Q.R. oil it really snaps open! I've wanted one for a long time and now I have one, just a teriffic knife! 8)WIN_20211119_16_29_03_Pro.jpgWIN_20211119_16_28_44_Pro.jpg
As they used to say in the old 1970s "Ban" roll-on commercial spots... "It takes the worry out of being close." :wink:
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

:lol: :lol: :lol: ::tu::
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

Samb wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:34 am I'm so bad!
You'll get over it. ::tounge:: ::mdm::
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Samb wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:34 am Been eyeballing that one myself. Could be my Christmas present to myself. I'm so bad!
Don't even hesitate Sam, ::hmm:: get yourself one, you'll LOVE it! ::ds:: You've been a good boy for a long time now, it's time to let your hair down! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Captain O wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:29 am
Madmarco wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:43 am This cool little auto rolled in today, and I'm very pleased with it! It's an 8 3/4" oal AKC "X-treme" and it has an AUS-8 dagger blade, black aluminum 2-piece body, coil-spring fired, adjustable pivot, BO/BC action, and a pocket-clip. Has a very comfy weight of about 4 oz.'s, and only the bottom edge came sharpened. It displays excellent action, and the fit n' finish is well done. Out of the box it fired hard n' fast, but after I applied a drop of Q.R. oil it really snaps open! I've wanted one for a long time and now I have one, just a teriffic knife! 8)WIN_20211119_16_29_03_Pro.jpgWIN_20211119_16_28_44_Pro.jpg
As they used to say in the old 1970s "Ban" roll-on commercial spots... "It takes the worry out of being close." :wink:
You really must frequent some rough areas Capn', your posts are always full of defensive comments regarding knives! LOL! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Quick Steel wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:28 am :lol: :lol: :lol: ::tu::
Thanks buddy! ::handshake:: 8)
8)
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

Madmarco wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:30 pm
You really must frequent some rough areas Capn', your posts are always full of defensive comments regarding knives! LOL! 8)
I'll put it to you this way. Portland is such as $#ithole, that every time I go in for a physical (covered by the Veteran's Administration) I wind up a few blocks from the Burnside Bridge. (This is on the West side of town near "Skid Row"). Burnside Street separates Northwest/Southwest (on the Willamette River's West-side) Across the river it separates Northeast Portland from the Southeast side. When I'm there, my head is on a swivel. The homeless population congregates ALL OVER that part of town. As it is, you can't walk 100 feet before you step on either a sleeping bag or tent on a sidewalk.

These individuals are known for their aggressive and violent tendencies.
Samb

Post by Samb »

Madmarco wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:27 pm
Samb wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:34 am Been eyeballing that one myself. Could be my Christmas present to myself. I'm so bad!
Don't even hesitate Sam, ::hmm:: get yourself one, you'll LOVE it! ::ds:: You've been a good boy for a long time now, it's time to let your hair down! 8)
I would but I don't have enough hair to let down.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Captain O wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:41 pm
Madmarco wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:30 pm

I'll put it to you this way. Portland is such as $#ithole, that every time I go in for a physical (covered by the Veteran's Administration) I wind up a few blocks from the Burnside Bridge. (This is on the West side of town near "Skid Row"). Burnside Street separates Northwest/Southwest (on the Willamette River's West-side) Across the river it separates Northeast Portland from the Southeast side. When I'm there, my head is on a swivel. The homeless population congregates ALL OVER that part of town. As it is, you can't walk 100 feet before you step on either a sleeping bag or tent on a sidewalk.

These individuals are known for their aggressive and violent tendencies.
Under those circumstances I'd be concerned with how well my knife operated too! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Samb wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:49 pm
Madmarco wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:27 pm
I would but I don't have enough hair to let down.
LOL! ::rotflol:: Me too buddy! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

To my pleasant surprise I found this nice little knife in my mailbox today! It's a ProTech/Boker Burnley Kwaiken 8 1/4" oal automatic/154-CM black-coated drop-point blade, 2-piece black aluminum body, adjustable pivot, BO/BC action, hidden lanyard in the butt-end, and a pocket-clip. Weighs-in at 3.4 oz.'s, and arrived extremely sharp. The walk n' talk is silky-smooth and the fit n' finish is up to ProTech standards. It displays ProTech/Boker/Burnley/USA markings on the front and back blade. This is another knife that operated very well right out of the box, but, as usual, after I applied Q.R. oil the action is greatly improved. I say this about most of my new knives, but, this knife has had my attention for just about as long as I can remember, and I'm happy now to add it to my collection! 8)
WIN_20211213_12_22_25_Pro.jpg
WIN_20211213_12_21_55_Pro.jpg
8)
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

Madmarco wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:20 am To my pleasant surprise I found this nice little knife in my mailbox today! It's a ProTech/Boker Burnley Kwaiken 8 1/4" oal automatic/154-CM black-coated drop-point blade, 2-piece black aluminum body, adjustable pivot, BO/BC action, hidden lanyard in the butt-end, and a pocket-clip. Weighs-in at 3.4 oz.'s, and arrived extremely sharp. The walk n' talk is silky-smooth and the fit n' finish is up to ProTech standards. It displays ProTech/Boker/Burnley/USA markings on the front and back blade. This is another knife that operated very well right out of the box, but, as usual, after I applied Q.R. oil the action is greatly improved. I say this about most of my new knives, but, this knife has had my attention for just about as long as I can remember, and I'm happy now to add it to my collection! 8)WIN_20211213_12_22_25_Pro.jpgWIN_20211213_12_21_55_Pro.jpg
Very nice! That's one of those knives that "keeps on giving" when the chips are down. I'll bet that it was reasonably affordable, too! ::hmm:: ::tu:: 8)

Gotta love it! :mrgreen: ::handshake::
Samb

Post by Samb »

Pro Tech is the bomb, I like it!
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Captain O wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:38 am
Madmarco wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:20 am To my pleasant surprise I found this nice little knife in my mailbox today! It's a ProTech/Boker Burnley Kwaiken 8 1/4" oal automatic/154-CM black-coated drop-point blade, 2-piece black aluminum body, adjustable pivot, BO/BC action, hidden lanyard in the butt-end, and a pocket-clip. Weighs-in at 3.4 oz.'s, and arrived extremely sharp. The walk n' talk is silky-smooth and the fit n' finish is up to ProTech standards. It displays ProTech/Boker/Burnley/USA markings on the front and back blade. This is another knife that operated very well right out of the box, but, as usual, after I applied Q.R. oil the action is greatly improved. I say this about most of my new knives, but, this knife has had my attention for just about as long as I can remember, and I'm happy now to add it to my collection! 8)WIN_20211213_12_22_25_Pro.jpgWIN_20211213_12_21_55_Pro.jpg
Very nice! That's one of those knives that "keeps on giving" when the chips are down. I'll bet that it was reasonably affordable, too! ::hmm:: ::tu:: 8)

Gotta love it! :mrgreen: ::handshake::
Thanks man! ::handshake:: I have no doubt this knife would take anything you could throw at it! And yes, the price has come down and I found it to be quite reasonable!(US$170./delivered)! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Samb wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:58 am Pro Tech is the bomb, I like it!
Thanks buddy! ::handshake:: I agree with you completely, IMHO ProTech and Piranha make some of the best knives available today! 8)
8)
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

Madmarco wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:09 am
Thanks buddy! ::handshake:: I agree with you completely, IMHO ProTech and Piranha make some of the best knives available today! 8)
There's nothing quite like picking up a bad-@$$ auto to make you feel rather brutish and tough. ::sneaky:: I really enjoy my Piranha knives. (The "Rated R" will be # 5 on my all-American "Hit Parade"). ::tu:: 8) :wink: The Hendrix Viper-Tec OTF has parts made in Asia, but it is assembled in the US of A. 8) The AKC X-treme OTF (from the people in old Italy) is no slouch either. ::smirk::

That side-opener of yours is SO tough and mean-looking! :shock: (The 154CM blade will pass through most materials as if it were white-hot while cutting warm butter). ::ds:: That's a "working automatic" if I ever saw one! ::tu:: ::nod:: (The first time I saw one, a cold shiver ran down my spine).
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Captain O wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:51 am
Madmarco wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:09 am
There's nothing quite like picking up a bad-@$$ auto to make you feel rather brutish and tough. ::sneaky:: I really enjoy my Piranha knives. (The "Rated R" will be # 5 on my all-American "Hit Parade"). ::tu:: 8) :wink: The Hendrix Viper-Tec OTF has parts made in Asia, but it is assembled in the US of A. 8) The AKC X-treme OTF (from the people in old Italy) is no slouch either. ::smirk::

That side-opener of yours is SO tough and mean-looking! :shock: (The 154CM blade will pass through most materials as if it were white-hot while cutting warm butter). ::ds:: That's a "working automatic" if I ever saw one! ::tu:: ::nod:: (The first time I saw one, a cold shiver ran down my spine).
Yep, I know those feelings quite well bud! I've had a thing for automatics ever since I saw one on T.V. when I was 6 yrs. old and asked my Mom, "what's that?" I never actually fired or even held a fully operational auto until just a couple of yrs. ago, but even before that during all those yrs. in-between I've been addicted to that satisfying "crack" one hears when an auto snaps open. That sound is what gives me a chill up my spine! I recently bought an AKC X-treme side opener and I just love it, what's your opinion on their OTF cuz I've been looking at those too? You should seriously consider getting a Kwaiken cuz I know you'd like it and in your case it would get plenty of use, and, it's priced similarly to what you've been paying for your Piranha's. Please let me know about the OTF! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Khomini wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:23 pm You've found a very nice knife. I want to get it too. Thank you. ::tu:: ::tu::
Thanks for the compliment K! ::handshake:: I can tell you that you definitely won't be disappointed should you decide to pull the trigger for a Kwaiken, they are excellent knives at a reasonable price! Just in case no one has done so yet I'd like to ::welcome:: you to AAPK! ::handshake:: 8)
8)

Return to “Switchblade Knife Collector`s Forum”