Some of my autos!

If you like Automatic knives, this is the forum to discuss and display them.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Some of my autos!

Post by Madmarco »

Mario wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:13 am Cool! That Russian swing guard folder is nice! Here are a few more assisted stilettos I have. Black one in the first row is a Kriegar model that’s no longer available. The titanium finish one next to that is from Frost Cutlery. Next to that is a 13” white pearlex simply marked “Premium Milano Collection.” The other three are Milanos with Halloween patterns (first two are skulls, third is a smaller one with an orange Mossy Oak-style pattern).
Nice Mario! I tried to get the Kriegar "Godfather" at one point, but it was discontinued so I never got one. I have the Frost Cutlery knife, albeit with a plain SS blade without the titanium finish. And I still REALLY don't care for the tang-extended flippers!!! I also have the 13"'er, except for black G-10 covers. I like BIG knives! Your colorful Milano's are sweet too! If you go to the sub-forum "European and other foreign manufactured knives", and scroll til you find, "My manual folders", you can see all my manuals, and I think you'll find some of them pretty interesting! 8)
8)
thedaggermaster

Post by thedaggermaster »

Madmarco wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:20 pm Good afternoon guys! This knife is 1 of my top 5 knives, and is the last of my current lever-locks. I got this knife from my seller in the US who's willing to send me the blade separately from the body, in order to accommodate Customs. As it turned out, it was necessary to completely dis-assemble it to get the blade off. I kindda liked that though, since it gave me the opportunity to see the internal workings of the knife, and re-assembly was quite simple. It's an AGA Campolin "Zero" model, and has just recently been joined by it's big brother the "Zero+", which measures 1 1/2" longer, and is on my radar to purchase. This model is an 8 3/4" lever-lock/SS coated black dagger blade with blood groove and false top-edge, SS satin-finished bolsters, SS liners lever and screws, jet-black G-10 scales, and pocket-clip, although, I removed the clip and replaced it with the supplied shield as seen in the pic. I absolutely adore this knife! It snaps to attention with authority when fired, and locks-up tight as if it were a fixed blade knife, and, has no blade play whatsoever. These Zeros operate on 2 removable leaf-springs, so, should 1 or both break, it's a simple matter of prying out the broken pieces and popping in the new ones. Ingenious idea! This knife is rather heavy, which I really like, and can likely be attributed to the SS liners, and almost feels like you're holding a small paring knife since it's so slim. The blade is fired by slipping your thumb under the lever located just below the top front bolster and pressing forward, and is closed in the same manner. This is one of those knives where it's quite easy to slide your thumb under the lever, because they made the lever channel deep enough to do so, not like some that are very difficult to get your thumb under. A very well designed and thought-out automatic knife! 8) WIN_20200625_12_22_56_Pro.jpgWIN_20200625_12_23_04_Pro.jpg
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

thedaggermaster wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:44 am
Madmarco wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:20 pm Good afternoon guys! This knife is 1 of my top 5 knives, and is the last of my current lever-locks. I got this knife from my seller in the US who's willing to send me the blade separately from the body, in order to accommodate Customs. As it turned out, it was necessary to completely dis-assemble it to get the blade off. I kindda liked that though, since it gave me the opportunity to see the internal workings of the knife, and re-assembly was quite simple. It's an AGA Campolin "Zero" model, and has just recently been joined by it's big brother the "Zero+", which measures 1 1/2" longer, and is on my radar to purchase. This model is an 8 3/4" lever-lock/SS coated black dagger blade with blood groove and false top-edge, SS satin-finished bolsters, SS liners lever and screws, jet-black G-10 scales, and pocket-clip, although, I removed the clip and replaced it with the supplied shield as seen in the pic. I absolutely adore this knife! It snaps to attention with authority when fired, and locks-up tight as if it were a fixed blade knife, and, has no blade play whatsoever. These Zeros operate on 2 removable leaf-springs, so, should 1 or both break, it's a simple matter of prying out the broken pieces and popping in the new ones. Ingenious idea! This knife is rather heavy, which I really like, and can likely be attributed to the SS liners, and almost feels like you're holding a small paring knife since it's so slim. The blade is fired by slipping your thumb under the lever located just below the top front bolster and pressing forward, and is closed in the same manner. This is one of those knives where it's quite easy to slide your thumb under the lever, because they made the lever channel deep enough to do so, not like some that are very difficult to get your thumb under. A very well designed and thought-out automatic knife! 8) WIN_20200625_12_22_56_Pro.jpgWIN_20200625_12_23_04_Pro.jpg
Don't you have a comment to add T.D.M.? ::shrug:: Not sure what you mean by posting this the way you did. ::shrug:: Also, ::welcome:: to AAPK! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I received these 2 new knives recently, and boy, is there ever a story that goes along with them! I was replying to a question from a fellow member, Rob Chesnut, and when we were done he said that if there was anything he could do to help me to just ask. So, I asked him how he felt about me sending a couple of knives I want to order to him so he could remove the blades and then send them to me in 2 separate packages to accommodate Customs inspection, and he said, "No problem". I ordered the knives and sent Rob the pertinent information. When they arrived at Rob's residence he attempted to remove the pivot screws to remove the blades, but it couldn't be done because the backing for the screws would just turn with the screw and the back piece had no slots for a 2nd screwdriver. Prior to this we had much communication back and forth regarding proper screwdrivers, packaging, declaration, etc., so Rob had already invested a fair amount of time into this project. When it became clear that the blades wouldn't be coming off, which I'd had my doubts about anyway, we decided the next best thing would be to ship the knives via a courier company, and that's what we did. They arrived without incident shortly afterwards. Of course I wanted to compensate Rob for his generosity, so I asked him if in lieu of money he would like me to order 1 of the knives for him as well, and that was most acceptable to him. I also sent additional money to cover his expenses like screwdrivers, gas, time, etc. I only even mention this because I wanted to show another example of how well we look after each other on this forum, and when I asked Rob prior to posting this if he'd object to me using his name, he said "it's up to me", so I just wanted to show how generous and stand-up this man is. Thanks again Rob! Now, the knives! These are a whole new story in themselves. Onsite the pics did not show any markings, so I thought they were simply clones or copies of the originals, but unfortunately when they showed-up both knives bear official logos and wording of Pro-Tech and Benchmade knives. Because my budget doesn't afford me the opportunity to collect originals, I still would have ordered them had I seen markings onsite. If I was relegated to buying only Canadian or American originals my collection would certainly be lacking. I'm not trying to justify my actions, I'm simply explaining my situation. First up is the 8" oal Pro-Tech "Don" model, not to be mistaken for the "Large Don" model which is 2 1/4" longer oal and was what I thought I was ordering because the description claimed it was 262mm or 10 1/4", but what I got was the 8" model. It's really a shame because I already own a Ganzo G707 which is a spitting image of the "Don",(see pic)and makes me wonder who produced this knife first. It has a SS dual-edged dagger blade with "flippers" although I have no idea what they're for since this is an auto, unless they're finger-guards, 2-piece black aluminum body with carbon fiber inserts, screw construction, coil-spring fired BO/BC action, and a pocket-clip which I immediately removed. Very light at only 2.5 oz.'s, and both edges sharp which I found unusual since this is a stabbing knife, not a cutting knife. Unfortunately it bears official Pro-Tech markings. A very beautiful auto, just wish it was in the size I wanted and didn't display counterfeit etches. The 2nd knife is the Benchmade "Spike" model, a knife I've wanted ever since I first saw one years ago, and it's 8" oal/SS single-edged dagger blade, 2-piece black aluminum body with fullers for grip, adjustable pivot, screw construction, and coil-spring fired BO/BC action. Also quite light at only 2.7 oz.'s, and arrived sharp. It also displays counterfeit Benchmade markings. Because it's so difficult acquiring autos where I live, I'm always pleased when I get one, I only wish it was under different circumstances! 8)
WIN_20210422_15_05_01_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210422_15_04_43_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210423_13_57_55_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210422_15_04_00_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210422_15_03_33_Pro.jpg
8)
Samb

Post by Samb »

Me likey!
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Samb wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:20 pmMe likey!
Hey Sam, where ya been? ::shrug:: You would REALLY like the Pro-Tech, it's so much like a Ganzo 707, but considerably lighter. Personally, I like the heavy weight of the Ganzo, makes the knife feel very substantial in your hand, as you already know. Great hearing from you buddy! 8)
8)
Samb

Post by Samb »

Got a new phone and couldn't log on but it's all good now and glad to be back. Thanks for asking.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

This little "click therapy" knife came today, and it's pretty cool! It's a 7 3/4" oal Minsheng button open/close automatic/SS dagger blade with a swedge on the top, SS bolsters with jigging, faux wooden cover, brass pins, safety, and a pocket-clip that also makes up the back handle. Weighs 3 oz.'s, and arrived sharp. I always remove the P/C on my knives, but when I did so for this one it thinned out the handle to the point of feeling uncomfortable in my hand, so I reinstalled it. When I first saw the knife it looked very similar to a manual I own, and since I like to try to collect sets of manual and automatic knives I bought it, but unfortunately when the 2 are together they're really not that much alike. When I first fired the knife it opened a bit slowly, but when I gave it a drop of Q.R oil it snapped to attention and locked-up solid. Although it's likely made in China I purchased it from Bulgaria via Etsy! Just a fun knife! 8)
WIN_20210909_10_03_10_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210909_10_03_33_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210909_10_04_05_Pro.jpg
8)
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Some great looking autos, Mark! ::tu:: ::tu::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks John! ::handshake:: I never seem to tire of playin' with em'! 8)
8)
Samb

Post by Samb »

Madmarco wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:48 pm This little "click therapy" knife came today, and it's pretty cool! It's a 7 3/4" oal Minsheng button open/close automatic/SS dagger blade with a swedge on the top, SS bolsters with jigging, faux wooden cover, brass pins, safety, and a pocket-clip that also makes up the back handle. Weighs 3 oz.'s, and arrived sharp. I always remove the P/C on my knives, but when I did so for this one it thinned out the handle to the point of feeling uncomfortable in my hand, so I reinstalled it. When I first saw the knife it looked very similar to a manual I own, and since I like to try to collect sets of manual and automatic knives I bought it, but unfortunately when the 2 are together they're really not that much alike. When I first fired the knife it opened a bit slowly, but when I gave it a drop of Q.R oil it snapped to attention and locked-up solid. Although it's likely made in China I purchased it from Bulgaria via Etsy! Just a fun knife! 8) WIN_20210909_10_03_10_Pro.jpgWIN_20210909_10_03_33_Pro.jpgWIN_20210909_10_04_05_Pro.jpg
It's a nice one! I like scales on both sides but I wouldn't kick it out bed for eating crackers.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks, and those are my exact sentiments Sam! You know how I feel about pocket-clips, but without the cover on the back side the knife felt way to thin in my hand. 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I received this beautiful knife today after it spent an extended period of time at Customs! More about the Customs Clowns in a bit. It's a custom made 11 1/2" oal picklock/5mm SS bayonet blade, NS bolsters and liners, brass pins, 5mm spring, exposed rocker-arm for firing, fileworked extended spine, and white/green jigged camel bone covers. It weighs a hefty 12 oz.'s, arrived shaving-sharp, is completely unmarked, and fires with wrist twisting action. Due to our still draconian knife laws it had to be sent in 2 packages, 1 with the blade and 1 with the handle, and I got the blade package shortly after ordering, but the handle package took about 7 weeks to arrive. The blade package wasn't inspected by Customs, but when they inspected the handle package they stole the pivot screw, which indicates to me that they're fully aware of what happens with these knives once the buyer receives both packages, but there's nothing they can do so they attempt to inconvenience the buyer by taking the pivot screw. If they were ever to be called on the missing part I'm sure they would simply play dumb, which shouldn't be hard for them! In fact, when I inquired about where my package was last week they didn't even confirm that they had it, but instead claimed it hasn't shown up yet. I contacted the seller and informed him about the missing pivot, and he replied that he would send me a few new one's immediately, although I was able to fashion a temporary pivot so I could post it now. I first saw these knives last year on YouTube in a video by LeRoi Price, and he explained that the knives were built in Armenia and then sent to him in the US to have covers built from exotic materials, and then sent back to Armenia to be sold. When I inquired about purchasing one I was told that he wouldn't ship outside of Florida, so my plan was put on the back shelf. Then a few months ago a member on this forum informed me that he had made friends with the builder through Facebook, and if I wanted he would supply him with my phone number, which of course I did. He called me that evening from Armenia and after a bit of a "get to know you" conversation and some emails with pictures I chose this knife and sent him the funds via PayPal. It was CONSIDERABLY less than what they were charging in Florida! I already have a 2nd model picked out with different covers and a dagger blade, but this time he will send the pivot screw in the not likely to be inspected blade package, or, the replacement pivots he promised will show up first. If you'd like to see the knife better and hear the origins and details about them, search "Armenian switchblade" on YouTube and it will come up. If anyone is interested in ordering one I will be happy to supply you with his email address and phone number via P.M., but be forewarned his English is pretty broken, but if you're patient and don't mind asking him to repeat himself you'll wind up with a beautiful knife. He's looking for business so don't hesitate if you're interested! Please try to overlook my poor pictures, I just couldn't get rid of the reflections! 8)
WIN_20210929_14_53_41_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210929_14_52_58_Pro.jpg
8)
Samb

Post by Samb »

Most impressive!
charlesf20

Post by charlesf20 »

Nice knife. Thanks for the YouTube tip!
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Samb wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:20 pm Most impressive!
Thanks Sam! ::handshake:: Just wish the pics were better, ::facepalm:: it's much nicer with proper photos! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

charlesf20 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:41 pm Nice knife. Thanks for the YouTube tip!
Thank you Charles! ::handshake:: And you're most welcome! 8)
8)
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

Madmarco wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:52 pm I received this beautiful knife today after it spent an extended period of time at Customs! More about the Customs Clowns in a bit. It's a custom made 11 1/2" oal picklock/5mm SS bayonet blade, NS bolsters and liners, brass pins, 5mm spring, exposed rocker-arm for firing, fileworked extended spine, and white/green jigged camel bone covers. It weighs a hefty 12 oz.'s, arrived shaving-sharp, is completely unmarked, and fires with wrist twisting action. Due to our still draconian knife laws it had to be sent in 2 packages, 1 with the blade and 1 with the handle, and I got the blade package shortly after ordering, but the handle package took about 7 weeks to arrive. The blade package wasn't inspected by Customs, but when they inspected the handle package they stole the pivot screw, which indicates to me that they're fully aware of what happens with these knives once the buyer receives both packages, but there's nothing they can do so they attempt to inconvenience the buyer by taking the pivot screw. If they were ever to be called on the missing part I'm sure they would simply play dumb, which shouldn't be hard for them! In fact, when I inquired about where my package was last week they didn't even confirm that they had it, but instead claimed it hasn't shown up yet. I contacted the seller and informed him about the missing pivot, and he replied that he would send me a few new one's immediately, although I was able to fashion a temporary pivot so I could post it now. I first saw these knives last year on YouTube in a video by LeRoi Price, and he explained that the knives were built in Armenia and then sent to him in the US to have covers built from exotic materials, and then sent back to Armenia to be sold. When I inquired about purchasing one I was told that he wouldn't ship outside of Florida, so my plan was put on the back shelf. Then a few months ago a member on this forum informed me that he had made friends with the builder through Facebook, and if I wanted he would supply him with my phone number, which of course I did. He called me that evening from Armenia and after a bit of a "get to know you" conversation and some emails with pictures I chose this knife and sent him the funds via PayPal. It was CONSIDERABLY less than what they were charging in Florida! I already have a 2nd model picked out with different covers and a dagger blade, but this time he will send the pivot screw in the not likely to be inspected blade package, or, the replacement pivots he promised will show up first. If you'd like to see the knife better and hear the origins and details about them, search "Armenian switchblade" on YouTube and it will come up. If anyone is interested in ordering one I will be happy to supply you with his email address and phone number via P.M., but be forewarned his English is pretty broken, but if you're patient and don't mind asking him to repeat himself you'll wind up with a beautiful knife. He's looking for business so don't hesitate if you're interested! Please try to overlook my poor pictures, I just couldn't get rid of the reflections! 8)WIN_20210929_14_53_41_Pro.jpgWIN_20210929_14_52_58_Pro.jpg
Congrats on the find Marc. 12 oz, that's a Hoss. Pitty about the pivot screw, but good replacements are on the way. Great you were able to find a way to purchase the knife and supports the old saying, "Where there's a will, there's a way." Nice auto!! ::tu::
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks Smitty, you've always been on my side regarding how I acquire my autos and I appreciate it! I don't have a scale big enough that would weigh the knife, so the 12 oz.'s is only a guesstimate, it could actually be more, because the bolsters and liners are all 1 piece on both sides and the liners are an eighth of an inch thick each, which would account for the weight. I really like heavy knives cuz' they feel so substantial in my hand. If you go back to our recent posts in "Comfort Knives" you'll see a new pic of the filework, and you can see how thick the liners are. Thanks for your support buddy! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

These 2 very cool autos were in my mailbox today! First up is an unmarked 9" oal Russian prison built swinguard lockback/SS clip-point blade with n/n, aluminum bolsters and guards, SS pins, slightly fileworked spine, black Delrin covers, safety, and leaf-spring fired. Comfy weight of about 3.6 oz.'s, and came sharp. Cracks open with authority and locks-up solid with zero play. I've wanted one of these "prison" knives since I first saw one and now I finally own this one. The 2nd knife is an unmarked save for an etch saying "Wolverine" 7 3/4" oal dual-action linerlock/SS drop-point blade with dual-studs, SS liners and screws, black checkered rubber covers, adjustable pivot, lanyard hole, and coil-spring fired. A bit heavier at about 4 oz.'s, and arrived shaving-sharp. This knife opens either by the studs, or by pressing down on the front cover in the middle to initiate automatic action. Also opens hard and fast, with solid lock-up and no play. Another model I've coveted since viewing one, and now I own a genuine hidden-release auto. 8)
WIN_20211004_12_07_37_Pro.jpg
WIN_20211004_12_08_02_Pro.jpg
WIN_20211004_12_08_44_Pro.jpg
WIN_20211004_12_09_24_Pro.jpg
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I got this knife today and it came from the Ukraine! I asked the seller if the story about knives like this being built in Russian prisons is true, and he replied it's 100% accurate. He said he knows 3 men who build these, although, they don't take build orders directly from him and he gets them through a middle-man who "buys" them directly from the prisoners. By "buys" them I mean he trades cigarettes, candy, toiletries, etc. in exchange for the knives. He went on to say that 90% of the knives are still being built inside the walls of the prison, and 10% are built by ex-prisoners who are now on the outside, but they learned 100% of their knife building skills while they were incarcerated. This model today and the last one I posted were very likely built by one of the guys on the outside, because they are very precisely made and I'd doubt the guys inside have access to the tools or machines for such precision. He continued on that I must remember that life over there is corrupt, and up until the late 1990's Russian prisons were completely controlled by gangs, so what went on inside was ruled by them, not the warden or guards. Due to much skepticism from folks on AAPK and other forums as to the validity of the story I had my own doubts, but I have no reason to not believe what I was told, nor the man himself who told me. You draw your own conclusions! The knife! It's an 11 1/4" oal single-swivel release RPK(Russian Prison Knife)that sports a SS dagger blade, SS bolsters liners pins and button, adjustable pivot, and dark brown Delrin covers. All the steel on this knife gives it a hefty weight of around 8 oz.'s, and it came with both edges sharpened. It cracks open with authority and locks-up tight, and the fit n' finish is professional. When I stated "single-swivel release" I meant that only the rear bolster swivels to release the blade and usually both do. If I had one complaint about my new knife it would be that both edges were sharpened, because when I close the blade on any of my autos I ALWAYS depress the button to save wear n' tear on the sear-pin, and while I'm doing this the top sharp edge is pressing into my palm and risking a cut, but other than that I'm totally pleased with it! The last picture is of the 2 RPK's I've received to show the similarity in builds! 8)
WIN_20211018_12_20_29_Pro.jpg
WIN_20211018_12_19_43_Pro.jpg
WIN_20211018_12_21_12_Pro.jpg
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

My most recent acquisition is this Benchmade 417 Fact automatic! It's 8 3/4" oal/CPM-S90V spear-point blade, aluminum bolsters, SS liners, carbon fiber covers, adjustable pivot, spine-mounted safety, coil-spring fired, and pocket-clip. Weighs-in at 3.5 oz.'s, and arrived Benchmade sharp. Snaps open with authority, and locks-up tight and solid. Fit n' finish is professional. On the manual version which I included a picture of, when you pull down on the axis-lock the blade is unlocked and can be "flicked" or pinched open, whereas on the auto model when you pull down on the axis-lock the blade deploys automatically. On both knives when you wish to close the blades the axis-locks must be pulled down to unlock them before folding closed. The manual safety is positioned unobtrusively on the spine. Out of the box it operated very well, but after a drop of Q.R. oil... well, you know! Nice addition to my collection! 8)
WIN_20211025_10_16_14_Pro.jpg
WIN_20211025_10_17_18_Pro.jpg
WIN_20211025_10_28_31_Pro.jpg
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I've been waiting a long time to have these 2 knives operational, and today they finally are! The first is an 11" AGA Campolin Maltese lockback that I purchased in August/2019 and received shortly afterward. But, right from day one it didn't operate well. After getting information as to why it wasn't up to par, which was that the Brazilian horn covers were shrinking due to drying up and in the process they were causing the brass liners to "banana" hence affecting the performance I attempted 3 times to do the repairs myself, but lacking the proper knowledge I was unsuccessful. Then, in August/2020 I purchased the 2nd knife which had to be shipped in 2 separate packages to accommodate Customs, the only problem was though the package containing the blade got lost in the US mail. After some searching I found Kaleb "Muskratman" Reynolds who could do the necessary repairs on both knives. I sent the knives to Kaleb in March/2021, and due to him being bogged down with work along with some unnecessary time spent at Customs it took until today for all packages to arrive and the blades to be installed. It was all worth the wait because I now have 2 more beautiful autos to add to my collection! The 11" oal AGA Maltese has a SS dagger blade, N/S Maltese bolsters, brass liners and pins, faux sapphire button that I installed myself, and ebony covers built and installed by Kaleb. The entire knife was in parts when Kaleb received it, so not only did he build the covers but he reassembled the whole knife as well. This knife weighs-in at about 5 oz.'s, and the blade is only sharpened on the bottom edge. It fires and locks-up much better than when I first got it, and the fit n' finish is beyond reproach. The 2nd knife is an 11" oal John Nowill & Sons conversion that has a SS 5mm dagger blade riding on roller-bearing washers and with Kaleb's "M/M" stamp on the front tang, N/S bolsters liners and button, brass pins, 5mm 1-piece back-spring, and rich dark brown Becote wood covers. This one is heavier at about 8 oz.'s, and Kaleb sharpened both edges which makes closing the blade a bit of a challenge, but not impossible. It fires like a cannon due to the 5mm spring, and locks-up tight. Since Kaleb only needed to build the blade he wasn't responsible for the fit n' finish which was accomplished by Rueben "Chad" Blades the original builder, and it is also excellent. This is the first time since seeing the knife on the website I bought it from that I've seen it with it's blade installed, and you can color me impressed! Two gorgeous additions to the auto pile! 8)
WIN_20211101_13_28_32_Pro.jpg
WIN_20211101_13_28_06_Pro.jpg
WIN_20211101_13_26_57_Pro.jpg
WIN_20211101_13_26_28_Pro.jpg
8)
Samb

Post by Samb »

Where are you finding all these biguns?
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Samb wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:29 pm Where are you finding all these biguns?
I got all the big Cold Steels from a Canadian site called www.warriorsandwonders.com , Sam, and these 2 autos I bought from www.roadsideimports.com , when they were still in business. If you click-on the Roadside link it goes to their old homepage, but that's it, just blank pages if you click-on any of the 4 sites. 8)
8)

Return to “Switchblade Knife Collector`s Forum”