Some of my autos!

If you like Automatic knives, this is the forum to discuss and display them.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Some of my autos!

Post by doglegg »

Mario, that is a large collection and quality as well. ::nod:: ::nod::
Mario

Post by Mario »

doglegg wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:27 am Mario, that is a large collection and quality as well. ::nod:: ::nod::
Thanks doglegg! ::handshake::
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Mario wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:01 am Hey Marco, here are the pics of my auto collection as you requested.
Nice Mario! ::tu:: I see you're not afraid to purchase some of the less expensive knives from China to go along with your higher-end models, good for you! Most people won't go near Chinese knives, but I find they're great for "click therapy" so I don't have to put the wear and tear on the springs of my better knives. I have a couple of questions! 1.-Where did you get the auto version of the blue "Crusader" knife with the cross on it in pic #3, or did you convert it yourself? I have the black manual model, and have never seen the auto version before yours. Same question for the Cold Steel Ti-Lite clone that's right beside the "Crusader", and, the Benchmade "Spike" clone with the carving of the girl that's on the other side of the "Crusader"? Also in pic #3, what do you think about the black and gold "Diablo" model? I'm just about to pull the trigger for one, and I'm hoping I'll like it. 2.-What do you think of the large leverlock with the stag scales, in the middle of pic #4? I've been eye-balling those for nearly a year, but haven't been able to find a seller that can ship it to me in the manner necessary to get it past Customs. You have a really nice balance of pickers, swivels, levers, swingers, otf's, and push-buttons Mario, thanks a lot for showing them to me! ::handshake:: 8)
8)
Mario

Post by Mario »

Madmarco wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:52 am
Mario wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:01 am Hey Marco, here are the pics of my auto collection as you requested.
Nice Mario! ::tu:: I see you're not afraid to purchase some of the less expensive knives from China to go along with your higher-end models, good for you! Most people won't go near Chinese knives, but I find they're great for "click therapy" so I don't have to put the wear and tear on the springs of my better knives. I have a couple of questions! 1.-Where did you get the auto version of the blue "Crusader" knife with the cross on it in pic #3, or did you convert it yourself? I have the black manual model, and have never seen the auto version before yours. Same question for the Cold Steel Tri-Lite clone that's right beside the "Crusader", and, the Godfather clone that's on the other side of the "Crusader"? Also in pic #3, what do you think about the black and gold "Diablo" model? I'm just about to pull the trigger for one, and I'm hoping I'll like it. 2.-What do you think of the large leverlock with the stag scales, in the middle of pic #4? I've been eye-balling those for nearly a year, but haven't been able to find a seller that can ship it to me in the manner necessary to get it past Customs. You have a really nice balance of pickers, swivels, levers, swingers, otf's, and push-buttons Mario, thanks a lot for showing them to me! ::handshake:: 8)
Thanks Marco! Anytime!

The Crusader I found on eBay. It came as a push button auto. Kind of rare. The spring assist and manual versions are more common. The blue Ti-Lite style auto is a Chinese “Super Knife” I found at an antique shop. Same with that Godfather-looking one which has a custom scale glued to it. It’s actually more of a clone of the Benchmade Spike. The Diablo stilettos are nice. They don’t quite have the snap that the Italians do, but they’re nice little knives for the money. The one leverlock in the last pic is an AKC Leverletto clone and it’s actually very nice as far as build and quality. The Chinese knives have certainly gotten better over the last few years.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks Mario! I actually edited my post to Benchmade "Spike", but I guess you were typing when I did that. I should have said that my black Crusader is A/O, but it slipped my mind. Didn't even know they came as manuals with no A/O. Thanks again for all the info, now I can forget about getting the one's I asked about, except for the Diablo. And I fully agree, the Chinese knives are getting better all the time! 8)
8)
Mario

Post by Mario »

Madmarco wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:29 am Thanks Mario! I actually edited my post to Benchmade "Spike", but I guess you were typing when I did that. I should have said that my black Crusader is A/O, but it slipped my mind. Didn't even know they came as manuals with no A/O. Thanks again for all the info, now I can forget about getting the one's I asked about, except for the Diablo. And I fully agree, the Chinese knives are getting better all the time! 8)
I know Tac Force makes the assisted Crusader and a couple other companies have done them. Actually, I’m not sure if there are non-assisted manual versions, so don’t quote me on that. I think Boker Magnum has done a version of that knife. Boker might have made a few non-assisted ones. They’ve made manual and assisted versions of their “Italian Classic” model. I have an assisted knife that’s identical to theirs, but it’s from Tiger USA. I also have a spring assist version of the Crusader with a silver handle and red pattern around the cross. I think mine came from BudK. Boker Magnum also did a version of the spring assist Joker knife which has been copied repeatedly by various companies. They should have called theirs the Boker Joker. LOL!
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

The 1st pic is my Boker spring assisted "Magnum", does your Tiger, USA look like this? The 2nd pic is my Kriegar spring assisted, false-button, tang extended flipper stiletto, which is basically the same as the Boker but for the false-button and extended flipper, which I really don't like on this, or any other knife, just think it destroys the clean profile of a stiletto! 8)
WIN_20210119_12_57_16_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210119_12_57_33_Pro.jpg
8)
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

I have the boker magnum and for the $17 I paid for it through the old Bladeplay it was a bargain so I bought another one. Been awhile back and don't know if they are still selling them.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

samb1955 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:42 pm I have the boker magnum and for the $17 I paid for it through the old Bladeplay it was a bargain so I bought another one. Been awhile back and don't know if they are still selling them.
Yah, I paid a similar price for mine Sam! ::tu:: Good solid knife for that kind of money! 8)
8)
Mario

Post by Mario »

Madmarco wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:12 pm The 1st pic is my Boker spring assisted "Magnum", does your Tiger, USA look like this? The 2nd pic is my Kriegar spring assisted, false-button, tang extended flipper stiletto, which is basically the same as the Boker but for the false-button and extended flipper, which I really don't like on this, or any other knife, just think it destroys the clean profile of a stiletto! 8)WIN_20210119_12_57_16_Pro.jpgWIN_20210119_12_57_33_Pro.jpg
My Tiger USA looks exactly like that! Here’s a pic of it and a couple other spring assist stilettos. The black one is from BudK, the red pearl is from Falcon (no relation to Falcon Knives of Italy) and the one with the shield on the handle is from Duck.
Attachments
F085334F-1F11-44A8-B62A-F49C87CA9E74.jpeg
Mario

Post by Mario »

Actually, the wooden scale on your Boker Magnum looks like a slightly darker shade of brown.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Mario wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:43 pm Actually, the wooden scale on your Boker Magnum looks like a slightly darker shade of brown.
I think the difference in shade is just my laptop camera. I enlarged both of our pics, and they both have the exact same shape and features, and, 3 screws on the bottom bolster. I have these 3 and many more A/O folders, but wanted to show you these. The black/white scaled knife is also a Kriegar like yours, but I got mine up here in Canada, although it wouldn't surprise me if my Canadian seller got it from BudK. It took me 3 time to get that knife, cuz the 1st one was cancelled by MegaKnife because they knew before I did that it wouldn't get past Customs, and a 2nd order from another seller was seized by Customs as an A/O knife, but 3rd time lucky from here in Canada! The second knife is the very first knife I ever bought, and the one that started my stiletto addiction. I much prefer the cherry-red pearlex scales on yours! As you can see, I ground off 1 of the flippers in an attempt to give it more of an icepick profile, and was about to grind off the other one, but then realized I wouldn't be able to open the blade without a knife-pick or similar. I recently saw this knife in an automatic version, but nearly impossible for me to get it past Customs. It's such a shame because I'll bet the auto version is sweet! The last knife I got recently from China, but that was after seeing the originals on a Russian site about a year ago. The originals were US$170.-$700. depending on embellishments, and I didn't want to pay that much for it, so I waited, and sure enough the Chinese copied it for about US$28., and that's when I got it through ebay. I've admired those Duck knives for sometime now, but could never find them in Canada, and due to the A/O I'd lose them to Customs if I ordered from the US. They're all cheaply built knives, but for the small amount of money they cost, they're a ton of fun to play with, as I'm sure you already know! 8)
WIN_20210119_19_01_32_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210119_19_01_46_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210119_19_01_18_Pro.jpg
8)
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

All 3 are nice but that swing guard is the bomb! Really like it.
Mario

Post by Mario »

Cool! That Russian swing guard folder is nice! Here are a few more assisted stilettos I have. Black one in the first row is a Kriegar model that’s no longer available. The titanium finish one next to that is from Frost Cutlery. Next to that is a 13” white pearlex simply marked “Premium Milano Collection.” The other three are Milanos with Halloween patterns (first two are skulls, third is a smaller one with an orange Mossy Oak-style pattern).
Attachments
F0D97CE1-F716-461B-8A08-773749A9743C.jpeg
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

samb1955 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:23 am All 3 are nice but that swing guard is the bomb! Really like it.
Thanks Sam! Still on ebay for about $28,/free shipping, or, Akiexpress.com for about the same, and free shipping! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Mario wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:13 am Cool! That Russian swing guard folder is nice! Here are a few more assisted stilettos I have. Black one in the first row is a Kriegar model that’s no longer available. The titanium finish one next to that is from Frost Cutlery. Next to that is a 13” white pearlex simply marked “Premium Milano Collection.” The other three are Milanos with Halloween patterns (first two are skulls, third is a smaller one with an orange Mossy Oak-style pattern).
Nice Mario! I tried to get the Kriegar "Godfather" at one point, but it was discontinued so I never got one. I have the Frost Cutlery knife, albeit with a plain SS blade without the titanium finish. And I still REALLY don't care for the tang-extended flippers!!! I also have the 13"'er, except for black G-10 covers. I like BIG knives! Your colorful Milano's are sweet too! If you go to the sub-forum "European and other foreign manufactured knives", and scroll til you find, "My manual folders", you can see all my manuals, and I think you'll find some of them pretty interesting! 8)
8)
thedaggermaster

Post by thedaggermaster »

Madmarco wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:20 pm Good afternoon guys! This knife is 1 of my top 5 knives, and is the last of my current lever-locks. I got this knife from my seller in the US who's willing to send me the blade separately from the body, in order to accommodate Customs. As it turned out, it was necessary to completely dis-assemble it to get the blade off. I kindda liked that though, since it gave me the opportunity to see the internal workings of the knife, and re-assembly was quite simple. It's an AGA Campolin "Zero" model, and has just recently been joined by it's big brother the "Zero+", which measures 1 1/2" longer, and is on my radar to purchase. This model is an 8 3/4" lever-lock/SS coated black dagger blade with blood groove and false top-edge, SS satin-finished bolsters, SS liners lever and screws, jet-black G-10 scales, and pocket-clip, although, I removed the clip and replaced it with the supplied shield as seen in the pic. I absolutely adore this knife! It snaps to attention with authority when fired, and locks-up tight as if it were a fixed blade knife, and, has no blade play whatsoever. These Zeros operate on 2 removable leaf-springs, so, should 1 or both break, it's a simple matter of prying out the broken pieces and popping in the new ones. Ingenious idea! This knife is rather heavy, which I really like, and can likely be attributed to the SS liners, and almost feels like you're holding a small paring knife since it's so slim. The blade is fired by slipping your thumb under the lever located just below the top front bolster and pressing forward, and is closed in the same manner. This is one of those knives where it's quite easy to slide your thumb under the lever, because they made the lever channel deep enough to do so, not like some that are very difficult to get your thumb under. A very well designed and thought-out automatic knife! 8) WIN_20200625_12_22_56_Pro.jpgWIN_20200625_12_23_04_Pro.jpg
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

thedaggermaster wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:44 am
Madmarco wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:20 pm Good afternoon guys! This knife is 1 of my top 5 knives, and is the last of my current lever-locks. I got this knife from my seller in the US who's willing to send me the blade separately from the body, in order to accommodate Customs. As it turned out, it was necessary to completely dis-assemble it to get the blade off. I kindda liked that though, since it gave me the opportunity to see the internal workings of the knife, and re-assembly was quite simple. It's an AGA Campolin "Zero" model, and has just recently been joined by it's big brother the "Zero+", which measures 1 1/2" longer, and is on my radar to purchase. This model is an 8 3/4" lever-lock/SS coated black dagger blade with blood groove and false top-edge, SS satin-finished bolsters, SS liners lever and screws, jet-black G-10 scales, and pocket-clip, although, I removed the clip and replaced it with the supplied shield as seen in the pic. I absolutely adore this knife! It snaps to attention with authority when fired, and locks-up tight as if it were a fixed blade knife, and, has no blade play whatsoever. These Zeros operate on 2 removable leaf-springs, so, should 1 or both break, it's a simple matter of prying out the broken pieces and popping in the new ones. Ingenious idea! This knife is rather heavy, which I really like, and can likely be attributed to the SS liners, and almost feels like you're holding a small paring knife since it's so slim. The blade is fired by slipping your thumb under the lever located just below the top front bolster and pressing forward, and is closed in the same manner. This is one of those knives where it's quite easy to slide your thumb under the lever, because they made the lever channel deep enough to do so, not like some that are very difficult to get your thumb under. A very well designed and thought-out automatic knife! 8) WIN_20200625_12_22_56_Pro.jpgWIN_20200625_12_23_04_Pro.jpg
Don't you have a comment to add T.D.M.? ::shrug:: Not sure what you mean by posting this the way you did. ::shrug:: Also, ::welcome:: to AAPK! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I received these 2 new knives recently, and boy, is there ever a story that goes along with them! I was replying to a question from a fellow member, Rob Chesnut, and when we were done he said that if there was anything he could do to help me to just ask. So, I asked him how he felt about me sending a couple of knives I want to order to him so he could remove the blades and then send them to me in 2 separate packages to accommodate Customs inspection, and he said, "No problem". I ordered the knives and sent Rob the pertinent information. When they arrived at Rob's residence he attempted to remove the pivot screws to remove the blades, but it couldn't be done because the backing for the screws would just turn with the screw and the back piece had no slots for a 2nd screwdriver. Prior to this we had much communication back and forth regarding proper screwdrivers, packaging, declaration, etc., so Rob had already invested a fair amount of time into this project. When it became clear that the blades wouldn't be coming off, which I'd had my doubts about anyway, we decided the next best thing would be to ship the knives via a courier company, and that's what we did. They arrived without incident shortly afterwards. Of course I wanted to compensate Rob for his generosity, so I asked him if in lieu of money he would like me to order 1 of the knives for him as well, and that was most acceptable to him. I also sent additional money to cover his expenses like screwdrivers, gas, time, etc. I only even mention this because I wanted to show another example of how well we look after each other on this forum, and when I asked Rob prior to posting this if he'd object to me using his name, he said "it's up to me", so I just wanted to show how generous and stand-up this man is. Thanks again Rob! Now, the knives! These are a whole new story in themselves. Onsite the pics did not show any markings, so I thought they were simply clones or copies of the originals, but unfortunately when they showed-up both knives bear official logos and wording of Pro-Tech and Benchmade knives. Because my budget doesn't afford me the opportunity to collect originals, I still would have ordered them had I seen markings onsite. If I was relegated to buying only Canadian or American originals my collection would certainly be lacking. I'm not trying to justify my actions, I'm simply explaining my situation. First up is the 8" oal Pro-Tech "Don" model, not to be mistaken for the "Large Don" model which is 2 1/4" longer oal and was what I thought I was ordering because the description claimed it was 262mm or 10 1/4", but what I got was the 8" model. It's really a shame because I already own a Ganzo G707 which is a spitting image of the "Don",(see pic)and makes me wonder who produced this knife first. It has a SS dual-edged dagger blade with "flippers" although I have no idea what they're for since this is an auto, unless they're finger-guards, 2-piece black aluminum body with carbon fiber inserts, screw construction, coil-spring fired BO/BC action, and a pocket-clip which I immediately removed. Very light at only 2.5 oz.'s, and both edges sharp which I found unusual since this is a stabbing knife, not a cutting knife. Unfortunately it bears official Pro-Tech markings. A very beautiful auto, just wish it was in the size I wanted and didn't display counterfeit etches. The 2nd knife is the Benchmade "Spike" model, a knife I've wanted ever since I first saw one years ago, and it's 8" oal/SS single-edged dagger blade, 2-piece black aluminum body with fullers for grip, adjustable pivot, screw construction, and coil-spring fired BO/BC action. Also quite light at only 2.7 oz.'s, and arrived sharp. It also displays counterfeit Benchmade markings. Because it's so difficult acquiring autos where I live, I'm always pleased when I get one, I only wish it was under different circumstances! 8)
WIN_20210422_15_05_01_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210422_15_04_43_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210423_13_57_55_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210422_15_04_00_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210422_15_03_33_Pro.jpg
8)
Samb

Post by Samb »

Me likey!
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Samb wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:20 pmMe likey!
Hey Sam, where ya been? ::shrug:: You would REALLY like the Pro-Tech, it's so much like a Ganzo 707, but considerably lighter. Personally, I like the heavy weight of the Ganzo, makes the knife feel very substantial in your hand, as you already know. Great hearing from you buddy! 8)
8)
Samb

Post by Samb »

Got a new phone and couldn't log on but it's all good now and glad to be back. Thanks for asking.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

This little "click therapy" knife came today, and it's pretty cool! It's a 7 3/4" oal Minsheng button open/close automatic/SS dagger blade with a swedge on the top, SS bolsters with jigging, faux wooden cover, brass pins, safety, and a pocket-clip that also makes up the back handle. Weighs 3 oz.'s, and arrived sharp. I always remove the P/C on my knives, but when I did so for this one it thinned out the handle to the point of feeling uncomfortable in my hand, so I reinstalled it. When I first saw the knife it looked very similar to a manual I own, and since I like to try to collect sets of manual and automatic knives I bought it, but unfortunately when the 2 are together they're really not that much alike. When I first fired the knife it opened a bit slowly, but when I gave it a drop of Q.R oil it snapped to attention and locked-up solid. Although it's likely made in China I purchased it from Bulgaria via Etsy! Just a fun knife! 8)
WIN_20210909_10_03_10_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210909_10_03_33_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210909_10_04_05_Pro.jpg
8)
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Some great looking autos, Mark! ::tu:: ::tu::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks John! ::handshake:: I never seem to tire of playin' with em'! 8)
8)

Return to “Switchblade Knife Collector`s Forum”