Some of my autos!

If you like Automatic knives, this is the forum to discuss and display them.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Some of my autos!

Post by Madmarco »

1967redrider wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:27 am Marco,

Is it ok if I hang these modern autos up here? Smith & Wesson M&P 1600 in S30V, Kershaw 7100 Launch in CPM154, Gerber Empower in S30V and Boker+ Warhawk Strike in D2 (bottom to top). Only the Boker was made outside of the US, and it was half the price of the others. All are aluminum handled.

John
Absolutely John, no problem at all! ::handshake:: We have very similar tastes in autos, the only real difference being, you already own many of the knives I've been watching, and now that my connection in the US has been shut-down, I'm limited to the overseas cheap stuff. Hopefully my guy in Colorado will re-open in the near future under a new name and site so I can continue to add to my collection, because I have all the "click therapy" cheapos I want! Please feel free to post here anytime you like! ::handshake:: Mark! Really nice knives, BTW! 8)
8)
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Madmarco wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:50 am

Is it ok if I hang these modern autos up here? Smith & Wesson M&P 1600 in S30V, Kershaw 7100 Launch in CPM154, Gerber Empower in S30V and Boker+ Warhawk Strike in D2 (bottom to top). Only the Boker was made outside of the US, and it was half the price of the others. All are aluminum handled.

John
Absolutely John, no problem at all! ::handshake:: We have very similar tastes in autos, the only real difference being, you already own many of the knives I've been watching, and now that my connection in the US has been shut-down, I'm limited to the overseas cheap stuff. Hopefully my guy in Colorado will re-open in the near future under a new name and site so I can continue to add to my collection, because I have all the "click therapy" cheapos I want! Please feel free to post here anytime you like! ::handshake:: Mark! 8)Really nice knives, BTW!

Thank you, Sir, and sorry to read about your State side connection for American made autos. There are a few big knife stores that put the auto ownership responsibility on the purchaser, others won't. But I have been able to pick up what I'm looking for without too much trouble. Sellers at shows usually have an ample supply to peruse, but there weren't any local shows this year to go to. Hopefully next year will be better. ::pray::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

1967redrider wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:55 am
Madmarco wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:50 am

John
Absolutely John, no problem at all! ::handshake:: We have very similar tastes in autos, the only real difference being, you already own many of the knives I've been watching, and now that my connection in the US has been shut-down, I'm limited to the overseas cheap stuff. Hopefully my guy in Colorado will re-open in the near future under a new name and site so I can continue to add to my collection, because I have all the "click therapy" cheapos I want! Please feel free to post here anytime you like! ::handshake:: Mark! 8)Really nice knives, BTW!

Thank you, Sir, and sorry to read about your State side connection for American made autos. There are a few big knife stores that put the auto ownership responsibility on the purchaser, others won't. But I have been able to pick up what I'm looking for without too much trouble. Sellers at shows usually have an ample supply to peruse, but there weren't any local shows this year to go to. Hopefully next year will be better. ::pray::
Thanks for the condolences John! ::handshake:: Unfortunately, my problem is, I live in Canada where just about EVERY knife is prohibited, ::facepalm:: and Customs has "red-flagged" me ::watching_you:: after intercepting 4 separate packages with prohibited autos in them, but my guy in Colorado would remove the blades and send them in a separate package along with a screw + barrel pivot, thus reducing the knife to "parts", and 100% legal to import, and when both packages arrive I simply install the blades, but I've yet to find another seller willing to do this, so he was a pretty important connection. I was even willing to risk Customs again, but, all the sellers I tried won't ship outside the US, so that was a dead-end too. As for knife shows, they are virtually non-existent up here, and any that do happen don't have what I'm looking for. So you can see why I get excited when I receive another auto, because they are so hard to come-by up here. Like you said, hopefully things will be better next year! ::pray:: 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I'm posting late today because, from minute 1 upon awakening I was dealing with, well, STUFF, starting with this knife! It arrived BROKEN! The blade was jammed closed, and while attempting to release it a small section under the lever snapped off, rendering the knife inoperable. Being the ingenious guy that I am, ::rotflol:: I went to work trying to fix the problem. 7 hours later and it operates flawlessly! I had been waiting quite awhile for this knife to get delivered, and after a number of post office delays it finally arrived today. As one can see it's an auto, and when ordering it I inquired about delivery options that might help get it past Customs. The seller told me they have a successful method to accomplish this, so I took a chance and held my breath. Without going into detail, suffice to say their method is fool-proof. It's a CLONE, of the AGA Campolin Zero model, and please note I said CLONE, NOT counterfeit, as it's unmarked and not using any patent or copyright etches or stamps, only the design is being copied, and you know the old saying, "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery", or somethin' like that! Measuring 8 1/2" oal, 1/4" shorter than the original, this leverlock knife has a SS dagger blade with fullers, SS bolsters liners and lever, no safety or pocket-clip, screw construction, and black textured G-10 covers. Lever-open/lever-close. Very similar weight to the original at about 8 oz.'s, and a treacherously sharp bottom edge. There are subtle differences from the original, such as, bolster shape, cover design, and quality of materials used, but basically the same knife. It was only about 1/4 of the price of an original, which is pretty much why I bought it, because I can get my "click therapy" from this one, and save the wear and tear on my AGA model. In pic #2 I have the 2 knives together for comparison. There was a bright spot during the day, as you can see in pic #3, a 4 5/8" cast iron stiletto keychain also arrived! Guess ya gotta have those bad days now and again, so one can fully appreciate the good ones! 8)
WIN_20210105_20_34_14_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210105_20_34_59_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210105_20_36_40_Pro.jpg
8)
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

Looks better than the original, those Chinese are copying everything anymore.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

samb1955 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:28 am Looks better than the original, those Chinese are copying everything anymore.
It might look better Sam, but the same quality just isn't there. It has a single round stock spring, whereas the AGA has 2 flat leaf springs, although, until the spring breaks it snaps open with authority, and locks-up solid, very similar to the original. The Chinese have now copied the Pro-Tech "Don" model, right down to the box and markings, and such blatant copyright infringement is kind of disheartening, except when they do it to Benchmade knives.(Long story, don't ask!) 8)
8)
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

The Ganzo 707 looks like the Don's cousin plus it's well made and at a 10th of the price. I can't afford $200 for a knife anymore but I'm not down with the Chinese copying everything and the box. Lots of people at gun and knife shows getting one broke off in them thinking it's the real deal. Just my opinion and as long as they're not trying to pass it off as the real deal I have no problems with it. The Chinese are making some quality higher end knives and I'd like to see some autos coming from them. Could be interesting.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

samb1955 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:37 pm The Ganzo 707 looks like the Don's cousin plus it's well made and at a 10th of the price. I can't afford $200 for a knife anymore but I'm not down with the Chinese copying everything and the box. Lots of people at gun and knife shows getting one broke off in them thinking it's the real deal. Just my opinion and as long as they're not trying to pass it off as the real deal I have no problems with it. The Chinese are making some quality higher end knives and I'd like to see some autos coming from them. Could be interesting.
Totally agree Sam! I love my Ganzo 707! I like the "Don" because it's 10 1/4", and I have a penchant for big knives, specially big autos. And I only wish you could get a "Don" for $200., unfortunately it's more like $300. for a bare-bones model, and steadily higher for more embellished models. I have little doubt that the "Don" clones will start to show up over here, much like the Paragon Warlock clones that sell for anywhere between $100.-$300., and were purchased on a Chinese site for about $40. These 2 and some AKC's are the only one's I've seen so far that are blatantly counterfeited, the rest are clones, and I like you see nothing wrong with a clone, since only the design was copied, not the etches, stamps, or boxes. Some original Chinese autos certainly would be interesting! 8)
8)
Mario

Post by Mario »

Hey Marco, here are the pics of my auto collection as you requested.
Attachments
B6AEC63E-C95E-455E-B957-675033B8D925.jpeg
34DF8CE9-2E55-46D2-A298-94A066AA299D.jpeg
A9ADD971-61C8-405C-BE5C-CCC2D7C6C827.jpeg
D1813D07-6D30-4CBC-ADC6-D3566B2A6C12.jpeg
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

Those are certainly impressive, nice collection!
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Mario, that is a large collection and quality as well. ::nod:: ::nod::
Mario

Post by Mario »

doglegg wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:27 am Mario, that is a large collection and quality as well. ::nod:: ::nod::
Thanks doglegg! ::handshake::
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Mario wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:01 am Hey Marco, here are the pics of my auto collection as you requested.
Nice Mario! ::tu:: I see you're not afraid to purchase some of the less expensive knives from China to go along with your higher-end models, good for you! Most people won't go near Chinese knives, but I find they're great for "click therapy" so I don't have to put the wear and tear on the springs of my better knives. I have a couple of questions! 1.-Where did you get the auto version of the blue "Crusader" knife with the cross on it in pic #3, or did you convert it yourself? I have the black manual model, and have never seen the auto version before yours. Same question for the Cold Steel Ti-Lite clone that's right beside the "Crusader", and, the Benchmade "Spike" clone with the carving of the girl that's on the other side of the "Crusader"? Also in pic #3, what do you think about the black and gold "Diablo" model? I'm just about to pull the trigger for one, and I'm hoping I'll like it. 2.-What do you think of the large leverlock with the stag scales, in the middle of pic #4? I've been eye-balling those for nearly a year, but haven't been able to find a seller that can ship it to me in the manner necessary to get it past Customs. You have a really nice balance of pickers, swivels, levers, swingers, otf's, and push-buttons Mario, thanks a lot for showing them to me! ::handshake:: 8)
8)
Mario

Post by Mario »

Madmarco wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:52 am
Mario wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:01 am Hey Marco, here are the pics of my auto collection as you requested.
Nice Mario! ::tu:: I see you're not afraid to purchase some of the less expensive knives from China to go along with your higher-end models, good for you! Most people won't go near Chinese knives, but I find they're great for "click therapy" so I don't have to put the wear and tear on the springs of my better knives. I have a couple of questions! 1.-Where did you get the auto version of the blue "Crusader" knife with the cross on it in pic #3, or did you convert it yourself? I have the black manual model, and have never seen the auto version before yours. Same question for the Cold Steel Tri-Lite clone that's right beside the "Crusader", and, the Godfather clone that's on the other side of the "Crusader"? Also in pic #3, what do you think about the black and gold "Diablo" model? I'm just about to pull the trigger for one, and I'm hoping I'll like it. 2.-What do you think of the large leverlock with the stag scales, in the middle of pic #4? I've been eye-balling those for nearly a year, but haven't been able to find a seller that can ship it to me in the manner necessary to get it past Customs. You have a really nice balance of pickers, swivels, levers, swingers, otf's, and push-buttons Mario, thanks a lot for showing them to me! ::handshake:: 8)
Thanks Marco! Anytime!

The Crusader I found on eBay. It came as a push button auto. Kind of rare. The spring assist and manual versions are more common. The blue Ti-Lite style auto is a Chinese “Super Knife” I found at an antique shop. Same with that Godfather-looking one which has a custom scale glued to it. It’s actually more of a clone of the Benchmade Spike. The Diablo stilettos are nice. They don’t quite have the snap that the Italians do, but they’re nice little knives for the money. The one leverlock in the last pic is an AKC Leverletto clone and it’s actually very nice as far as build and quality. The Chinese knives have certainly gotten better over the last few years.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks Mario! I actually edited my post to Benchmade "Spike", but I guess you were typing when I did that. I should have said that my black Crusader is A/O, but it slipped my mind. Didn't even know they came as manuals with no A/O. Thanks again for all the info, now I can forget about getting the one's I asked about, except for the Diablo. And I fully agree, the Chinese knives are getting better all the time! 8)
8)
Mario

Post by Mario »

Madmarco wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:29 am Thanks Mario! I actually edited my post to Benchmade "Spike", but I guess you were typing when I did that. I should have said that my black Crusader is A/O, but it slipped my mind. Didn't even know they came as manuals with no A/O. Thanks again for all the info, now I can forget about getting the one's I asked about, except for the Diablo. And I fully agree, the Chinese knives are getting better all the time! 8)
I know Tac Force makes the assisted Crusader and a couple other companies have done them. Actually, I’m not sure if there are non-assisted manual versions, so don’t quote me on that. I think Boker Magnum has done a version of that knife. Boker might have made a few non-assisted ones. They’ve made manual and assisted versions of their “Italian Classic” model. I have an assisted knife that’s identical to theirs, but it’s from Tiger USA. I also have a spring assist version of the Crusader with a silver handle and red pattern around the cross. I think mine came from BudK. Boker Magnum also did a version of the spring assist Joker knife which has been copied repeatedly by various companies. They should have called theirs the Boker Joker. LOL!
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

The 1st pic is my Boker spring assisted "Magnum", does your Tiger, USA look like this? The 2nd pic is my Kriegar spring assisted, false-button, tang extended flipper stiletto, which is basically the same as the Boker but for the false-button and extended flipper, which I really don't like on this, or any other knife, just think it destroys the clean profile of a stiletto! 8)
WIN_20210119_12_57_16_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210119_12_57_33_Pro.jpg
8)
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

I have the boker magnum and for the $17 I paid for it through the old Bladeplay it was a bargain so I bought another one. Been awhile back and don't know if they are still selling them.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

samb1955 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:42 pm I have the boker magnum and for the $17 I paid for it through the old Bladeplay it was a bargain so I bought another one. Been awhile back and don't know if they are still selling them.
Yah, I paid a similar price for mine Sam! ::tu:: Good solid knife for that kind of money! 8)
8)
Mario

Post by Mario »

Madmarco wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:12 pm The 1st pic is my Boker spring assisted "Magnum", does your Tiger, USA look like this? The 2nd pic is my Kriegar spring assisted, false-button, tang extended flipper stiletto, which is basically the same as the Boker but for the false-button and extended flipper, which I really don't like on this, or any other knife, just think it destroys the clean profile of a stiletto! 8)WIN_20210119_12_57_16_Pro.jpgWIN_20210119_12_57_33_Pro.jpg
My Tiger USA looks exactly like that! Here’s a pic of it and a couple other spring assist stilettos. The black one is from BudK, the red pearl is from Falcon (no relation to Falcon Knives of Italy) and the one with the shield on the handle is from Duck.
Attachments
F085334F-1F11-44A8-B62A-F49C87CA9E74.jpeg
Mario

Post by Mario »

Actually, the wooden scale on your Boker Magnum looks like a slightly darker shade of brown.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Mario wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:43 pm Actually, the wooden scale on your Boker Magnum looks like a slightly darker shade of brown.
I think the difference in shade is just my laptop camera. I enlarged both of our pics, and they both have the exact same shape and features, and, 3 screws on the bottom bolster. I have these 3 and many more A/O folders, but wanted to show you these. The black/white scaled knife is also a Kriegar like yours, but I got mine up here in Canada, although it wouldn't surprise me if my Canadian seller got it from BudK. It took me 3 time to get that knife, cuz the 1st one was cancelled by MegaKnife because they knew before I did that it wouldn't get past Customs, and a 2nd order from another seller was seized by Customs as an A/O knife, but 3rd time lucky from here in Canada! The second knife is the very first knife I ever bought, and the one that started my stiletto addiction. I much prefer the cherry-red pearlex scales on yours! As you can see, I ground off 1 of the flippers in an attempt to give it more of an icepick profile, and was about to grind off the other one, but then realized I wouldn't be able to open the blade without a knife-pick or similar. I recently saw this knife in an automatic version, but nearly impossible for me to get it past Customs. It's such a shame because I'll bet the auto version is sweet! The last knife I got recently from China, but that was after seeing the originals on a Russian site about a year ago. The originals were US$170.-$700. depending on embellishments, and I didn't want to pay that much for it, so I waited, and sure enough the Chinese copied it for about US$28., and that's when I got it through ebay. I've admired those Duck knives for sometime now, but could never find them in Canada, and due to the A/O I'd lose them to Customs if I ordered from the US. They're all cheaply built knives, but for the small amount of money they cost, they're a ton of fun to play with, as I'm sure you already know! 8)
WIN_20210119_19_01_32_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210119_19_01_46_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210119_19_01_18_Pro.jpg
8)
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

All 3 are nice but that swing guard is the bomb! Really like it.
Mario

Post by Mario »

Cool! That Russian swing guard folder is nice! Here are a few more assisted stilettos I have. Black one in the first row is a Kriegar model that’s no longer available. The titanium finish one next to that is from Frost Cutlery. Next to that is a 13” white pearlex simply marked “Premium Milano Collection.” The other three are Milanos with Halloween patterns (first two are skulls, third is a smaller one with an orange Mossy Oak-style pattern).
Attachments
F0D97CE1-F716-461B-8A08-773749A9743C.jpeg
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

samb1955 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:23 am All 3 are nice but that swing guard is the bomb! Really like it.
Thanks Sam! Still on ebay for about $28,/free shipping, or, Akiexpress.com for about the same, and free shipping! 8)
8)

Return to “Switchblade Knife Collector`s Forum”