CRKT Elishewitz E-Lock 7323

If you like Automatic knives, this is the forum to discuss and display them.
Toejammer

CRKT Elishewitz E-Lock 7323

Post by Toejammer »

One of my new autos. Looks pretty neat, but it's got issues. It's smooth opening, but not very snappy. And when the blade is closed, the tip tends to ride high, just high enough to clear the frame and catch thumb meat. (even with the lock on) But the biggest issue is that the blade is nicked in a few places, with one very noticeable roll. (shown in pics)

I contacted BladeHQ, they tell me the warranty lies with CRKT. When I get a hold of CRKT, they give me a huge list of conditions needed for them to receive it, because it's an auto. BladeHQ sent it to me Priority USPS. CRKT says it MUST be shipped to them via UPS as it's against the law to ship it USPS. Plus it's got to be certified / insured.

I'll probably re-profile it myself and save the hassle. But I'm not too happy with either BladeHQ or CRKT right now. :-x

A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.
Bruce Lee
Rotten

Re: CRKT Elishewitz E-Lock 7323

Post by Rotten »

Interesting looking knife.

I had an issue with an otf that needed factory attention to correct. I contacted them and got the same basic info regarding shipping but with the added 'all shipping through an authorized dealer'. So I sent it to my dealer who looked it over, inspected one from stock and sent me a replacement instead of me having to wait on warranty. Turned out well but could have been a lot more of a circus.

And thanks for the heads up that your dealer was BHQ, I definitely won't be buying autos from them now.
Trace
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

Toejammer wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:55 am One of my new autos. Looks pretty neat, but it's got issues. It's smooth opening, but not very snappy. And when the blade is closed, the tip tends to ride high, just high enough to clear the frame and catch thumb meat. (even with the lock on) But the biggest issue is that the blade is nicked in a few places, with one very noticeable roll. (shown in pics)

I contacted BladeHQ, they tell me the warranty lies with CRKT. When I get a hold of CRKT, they give me a huge list of conditions needed for them to receive it, because it's an auto. BladeHQ sent it to me Priority USPS. CRKT says it MUST be shipped to them via UPS as it's against the law to ship it USPS. Plus it's got to be certified / insured.

I'll probably re-profile it myself and save the hassle. But I'm not too happy with either BladeHQ or CRKT right now. :-x

I'd send it back for a refund or replacement. They sold it to you, it's defective and they should be responsible for what they sell, no matter what they tell you.
Kramersknife

Post by Kramersknife »

I have the same knife PLUS a CRKT Hawk D.O.G. Love them both.Both work great and are quite unique

Return to “Switchblade Knife Collector`s Forum”