Fribal Inox patent 96847

If you like Automatic knives, this is the forum to discuss and display them.
roxhan

Fribal Inox patent 96847

Post by roxhan »

I recently acquired a stiletto with tang stamps of "Fribal Inox" and "Patent 98547". My search for this maker has turned up nothing on the web or specialty sites. The Patent 96847 is found on stilettos stamped FBR but not Fribal. I don't have any resource books to reference and am asking for any info that may be shared, I am fairly confident the knife if from the 1960's time frame. Any information is better than what I assume.
Attachments
IMG_1056.JPG
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Fribal Inox patent 96847

Post by Madmarco »

I can't help to identify your knife roxhan, ::shrug:: but would sure like to see more pics of the rest of it. Be patient, someone with much more knowledge than I will be along eventually who can likely help. BTW, ::welcome:: to AAPK! ::handshake:: 8)
8)
roxhan

Post by roxhan »

Here are a couple of pcs, Green horn on one side and brown on the button side.
Attachments
IMG_1049 (2).JPG
IMG_1048 (2).JPG
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

roxhan wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:47 am Here are a couple of pcs, Green horn on one side and brown on the button side.
Very nice old stiletto roxhan. ::tu:: I don't see a lock-tab between the top bolsters, and, there's no curve on the top bolsters, is this knife BO/BC(button open/button close)? ::shrug:: Thanks, Mark! 8)
8)
Bill DeShivs

Post by Bill DeShivs »

I have a Frabil stiletto.
I wonder if Fribal and Frabil are related? Though I think Frabil means "Fratelli (brothers) something.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler

Factory authorized repair for:
Latama
Mauro Mario
LePre
Colonial
KABAR
Hubertus, Grafrath, Ritter
Schrade Cut. Co., Geo Schrade, Pressbutton, Flylock
Falcon/AKC/AGA Campolin
Puma
Burrell Cutlery
roxhan

Post by roxhan »

It is button release and operates excellent. I have had and sold 6 old stilettoes and the lock and release on this one is far better than any of the others which included an old Latama. Its very strange not one Fribal name shows up anywhere. Is Frabil a known entity and does it have the patent stamp? I have been told the FBR models are not related to Fribal but the similarity is suspicious.

Return to “Switchblade Knife Collector`s Forum”