712R Value

If you like Automatic knives, this is the forum to discuss and display them.
TexasRed

712R Value

Post by TexasRed »

Maybe someone can help me out. I have a Boker 712R that is beautiful. Fires strong, good stag (in my opinion) and minimal signs of use. I think it is from the '60's. Anyway, it is a bit of an odd ball in my collection and I was considering selling/trading for something else ( I am more into Italians at this point). Problem is that I have no idea of what the value should be in todays market. Can anyone tell me anything about this knife and possible give me a rough value? German knives are not something I know much about.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Robert
Attachments
image0 (7).jpeg
image0 (8).jpeg
image1 (7).jpeg
image2 (5).jpeg
image3 (1).jpeg
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: 712R Value

Post by Madmarco »

TexasRed wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:18 pm Maybe someone can help me out. I have a Boker 712R that is beautiful. Fires strong, good stag (in my opinion) and minimal signs of use. I think it is from the '60's. Anyway, it is a bit of an odd ball in my collection and I was considering selling/trading for something else ( I am more into Italians at this point). Problem is that I have no idea of what the value should be in todays market. Can anyone tell me anything about this knife and possible give me a rough value? German knives are not something I know much about.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Robert
First of all, ::welcome:: to AAPK Robert! ::handshake:: I can't help much with your 712, but I can say, they are still popular today, they are high quality autos, and they sell in the US$250.-$300. range. I believe the stag covers add to the value and it's cigar-shape also make it more appealing to collectors. Yours looks to be in great condition, which is always a strong selling point too, but remember, price is subjective to what someone is willing to pay. Whenever someone new lands here on the "Switchblade Knife Collectors" forum who expresses interest in Italian autos, I always take the opportunity to show off my favorite knife! It's an 11 1/4" oal Sons of Italy Omerta lockback "Icepick"/5mm bayonet blade riding on roller-bearing washers, solid brass squared bolsters and button, 5mm 1-piece backspring, and black ABS covers, built in the USA by Ruben "Chad" Blades. All the solid brass on this knife gives it quite a bit of weight, just the way I like em', and it twists my wrist when fired, locking up tight every time. You can view my entire collection of autos in the "Some of my autos" thread, and please feel free to post pics of your knives Robert, we LOVE pictures here! Mark! 8)
WIN_20210417_20_48_18_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210417_20_47_47_Pro.jpg
8)
TexasRed

Post by TexasRed »

Madmatco - Love the knife you shared! I really like the design. Here is a pic if most of my collection. Just getting started, but I am proud of it so far.
TexasRed

Post by TexasRed »

Madmatco - Love the knife you shared! I really like the design. Here is a pic if most of my collection. Just getting started, but I am proud of it so far.
Attachments
BBD722EB-3F01-42C4-9162-6CC08B8B8C13.jpeg
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

TexasRed wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:02 am Madmatco - Love the knife you shared! I really like the design. Here is a pic if most of my collection. Just getting started, but I am proud of it so far.
VERY nice Robert! As far as the size of your collection, remember, we all started with 1 knife and things progressed from there, so please don't be concerned with quantity, it's quality that counts. And you SHOULD be proud of what you've acquired so far, the Boker, AGA "Baron"(what do you think of those, btw?)frosolone, leverletto, swing-guard, Medici conversion, Catalana/Diana, Lepre/Sahara are all beautiful, quality knives, congratulations! I've had many of the models you already own on my "Watchlist" for ages, but since I live in Communist Canada where these evil knives are still outlawed I have to pick n' choose my times to attempt purchases, otherwise I'll just lose them to Customs. Really like the way you display your collection too! You're gonna fit right in here! 8)
8)
TexasRed

Post by TexasRed »

Thanks!
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

TexasRed wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:59 pmThanks!
Robert! What do you think of the AGA "Baron"? Does it fire hard, lock-up solid, feel in your hand? Thanks! 8)
8)
TexasRed

Post by TexasRed »

I LOVE the Baron. I almost got a second one just to carry and “play with.” Feels good in the hand, fires well, locks up solid, and I really like the mechanics of it.

Would not change a thing. 3 out of 5 Stars.
(Just kidding, 5 out if 5).
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks Robert, I just knew they'd be great knives. I too very much like the exposed-rocker system of firing the knife, looks just like some of the older German and French built autos. There is a builder named Antonio Lentini who still builds most of his Italians this way too. I have GOT to get me one! 8)
8)

Return to “Switchblade Knife Collector`s Forum”