New Production Hubertus

If you like Automatic knives, this is the forum to discuss and display them.
Nephilim

New Production Hubertus

Post by Nephilim »

Recently acquired a Hubertus Springer leverlock switchblade and I had an email exchange with the seller at German Knife Shop.com. They've been out of stock for a while, citing changes in production. Turns out, the old Hubertus company is going out of business and Otter is taking over production of Springer knives under the old Hubertus brand name.I kind of regret not getting a Hubertus made Springer back when they were in production, but I'll just have to keep an eye on the secondary market. C'est la vie.
The Otter-made version comes with this cloth and a box with an Otter branded info card. The lever is solid, without a hole in it, unlike the old ones.
The Otter-made version comes with this cloth and a box with an Otter branded info card. The lever is solid, without a hole in it, unlike the old ones.
Great looking knife, strong spring, thick stag scales and good fit and finish. The blade markings are the same as the old Hubertus ones: "GESCHMIEDET ROSTFREI GERMANY". Well polished fit and finish. Only needed a little oil on the mechanism and lever to smooth out the action.
Bill DeShivs

Re: New Production Hubertus

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Hubertus is not going out of business.
Otter is making their automatics.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler

Factory authorized repair for:
Latama
Mauro Mario
LePre
Colonial
KABAR
Hubertus, Grafrath, Ritter
Schrade Cut. Co., Geo Schrade, Pressbutton, Flylock
Falcon/AKC/AGA Campolin
Puma
Burrell Cutlery
Nephilim

Post by Nephilim »

Ah, my mistake.
C-WADE7
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by C-WADE7 »

I can’t find any Hubertus available at this time. Anybody have an idea what’s going on with the supply chain?
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

It still looks very good. I hope that they maintain the quality that the early Hubertus knives attained.

Return to “Switchblade Knife Collector`s Forum”