I just bought this one on SharperDeals

If you like Automatic knives, this is the forum to discuss and display them.
Captain O

I just bought this one on SharperDeals

Post by Captain O »

I think that the FRN works well with these, don't you?

https://www.sharperdeals.net/uploads/ca ... 00x800.jpg

Opinions?
Attachments
Captain Os knife.jpg
cody6268

Re: I just bought this one on SharperDeals

Post by cody6268 »

Cool!

I've been meaning to pick up the rescue variant, but haven't been able to find a source in the USA.
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

cody6268 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:12 am Cool!

I've been meaning to pick up the rescue variant, but haven't been able to find a source in the USA.
Thank you.

I enjoy the simple, functional autos that will "take a lickin' and keep on tickin'" (if you catch my meaning). It is knives such as this that you can take into the field and/or on the street into a "hard use" setting knowing that they'll "take care of the business at hand". ::tu:: 8)
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Is this knife made in China ? Just asking out of interest. German laws are very lax. "Germany" on a knife does not mean it was made there, so it can take some sleuthing.
kj
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

kootenay joe wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:45 am Is this knife made in China ? Just asking out of interest. German laws are very lax. "Germany" on a knife does not mean it was made there, so it can take some sleuthing.
kj
I believe these are made in Germany, using Swedish steel. If memory serves, these were designed for field use. The Chromium content of the steel prevents corrosion while providing a durable (serviceable) edge. This is what spurred my purchase. ::tu::
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Captain O wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:37 am I think that the FRN works well with these, don't you?

https://www.sharperdeals.net/uploads/ca ... 00x800.jpg

Opinions?
Very nice Captain! ::tu:: Never seen a Hubertus like that. ::shrug:: Looks like a great user! Congrats! 8)
8)
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Cool deal! 8)

Image for future reference.
Attachments
H2-800x800.jpg
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

I have learned that these were made from Swedish Steel and assembled in Germany. The Swedish Steel takes a wicked edge!

I like it.
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

Correction: According to Bill deShivs, these were assembled in Italy. (By gum, II believe him)! ::mdm::
charlesf20

Post by charlesf20 »

Does that change them in any way?
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

No, but this makes them a true "international" knife. (German/Swedish/Italian). I'd hate to attempt to buy it a satisfying meal. ::mdm::
Elizabeth58

Post by Elizabeth58 »

I must admit this knive looks pretty good. How's the quality of it? Is the steel good enough? It's pretty hard to find something similar not on Ebay from what I can tell at the moment and I'd like to know if it's worth it :mrgreen:
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

Elizabeth58 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:38 am I must admit this knive looks pretty good. How's the quality of it? Is the steel good enough? It's pretty hard to find something similar not on Ebay from what I can tell at the moment and I'd like to know if it's worth it :mrgreen:
Welcome, Elizabeth58. :)

If you go to SharperDeals.com you can find yet one more being fold by CaptPhil.

Edit: Sorry, It no longer appears on SharperDeals ::dang::
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Elizabeth58 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:38 am I must admit this knive looks pretty good. How's the quality of it? Is the steel good enough? It's pretty hard to find something similar not on Ebay from what I can tell at the moment and I'd like to know if it's worth it :mrgreen:
::welcome:: to AAPK Elizabeth! ::handshake:: Mark! 8)
8)
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

Elizabeth58,

Again, Welcome. The blade is Swedish Stainless Steel and the handles are comprised of FIber Reinforced Nylon. Were I you, I would search for one of these and buy it because,

1. The FRN handles won't rot,
2. the Swedish Stainless Steel hods a decent edge while remaining corrosion-resistant and,
3. it is a light knife that handles easily and won't tire you while you use it.

This makes for a useful tool that is worth the "price of admission".

Return to “Switchblade Knife Collector`s Forum”