Cheap Springer

If you like Automatic knives, this is the forum to discuss and display them.
Maddogfl

Cheap Springer

Post by Maddogfl »

I got this Boker "Desert Warrior" in the mail today. It is a discontinued pattern and was on sale; perfect for my tightwad self. ($40.00 to the door) The action was gritty until a little oil and about 20 springings, then smoothed out nicely. The blade came quite dull, but after a couple of minute's work, it will now shave. I liked it enough that I ordered another one for my son.
Attachments
DSCN2450.JPG
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Cheap Springer

Post by 1967redrider »

Those are sweet at the Discontinued price, cool deal.
😎👍

Looks like the copper coated blade? If so, I have the Tanto version.
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Maddogfl wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:43 pm I got this Boker "Desert Warrior" in the mail today. It is a discontinued pattern and was on sale; perfect for my tightwad self. ($40.00 to the door) The action was gritty until a little oil and about 20 springings, then smoothed out nicely. The blade came quite dull, but after a couple of minute's work, it will now shave. I liked it enough that I ordered another one for my son.
Sweet knife M.D.! ::tu:: Congrats! 8)
8)
Rdubya21

Post by Rdubya21 »

I have been using these Bokers for work knives for years . They really can take a beating . I recently got the XL version. Thought it would be too big , but it hasn’t bothered me :)
3AF7CFAE-5259-4E6E-AC51-404FEAFB7F89.jpeg
Samb

Post by Samb »

Maddogfl wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:43 pm I got this Boker "Desert Warrior" in the mail today. It is a discontinued pattern and was on sale; perfect for my tightwad self. ($40.00 to the door) The action was gritty until a little oil and about 20 springings, then smoothed out nicely. The blade came quite dull, but after a couple of minute's work, it will now shave. I liked it enough that I ordered another one for my son.
Surprised you had problems with it, I've had a number of those over the years without issues. The old saying they don't make them like that anymore holds true!
Maddogfl

Post by Maddogfl »

Samb wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:11 pm
Surprised you had problems with it, I've had a number of those over the years without issues. The old saying they don't make them like that anymore holds true!
I hope I did not sound like I was whining about the minor issues. The people who installed the auto function just didn't put the TLC in the knife that they may have in a knife that cost $300.00. I just expect perfection in bargain products. In five minutes the knife was working well and to me, good enough is good enough. Like I said, I was happy enough to turn around and order another one.
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Nice one! Been looking at getting the smaller 2.5" bowie version, but it's murky who will ship this type of knife to me and who won't. Laws are really murky here anyway.
Samb

Post by Samb »

Maddogfl wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:36 pm
Samb wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:11 pm
I hope I did not sound like I was whining about the minor issues. The people who installed the auto function just didn't put the TLC in the knife that they may have in a knife that cost $300.00. I just expect perfection in bargain products. In five minutes the knife was working well and to me, good enough is good enough. Like I said, I was happy enough to turn around and order another one.
Your boker should have been fine out of the box! Don't think you were whining at all. Out of all the kal's and Magnums I've owned they all worked great out of the box, quality control is turning into a thing of the past.
charlesf20

Post by charlesf20 »

How did you cure that?
Maddogfl

Post by Maddogfl »

charlesf20 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:11 am
How did you cure that?
Mr. Lansky did his magic, fine stone, then a polishing stone. My son's knife came razor sharp, who knows why mine came dull.

Return to “Switchblade Knife Collector`s Forum”