Otter Hubertus leverlocks

If you like Automatic knives, this is the forum to discuss and display them.
Fred Csiky

Otter Hubertus leverlocks

Post by Fred Csiky »

I have purchases 60 of the new Otter Hubertus Leverlocks.15 of them worked.45 of them did not.I purchased all three sizes and they are beautifull,but the balance of tension between the backspring and bladespring needs work every time.Sear length has also been a drag problem.Blade cam radius reduction will also help them work.But to buy these for resale was a bad idea for me.I never saw anything like this on the old pre otter knives,and of course all American Springers just flat work
So beware of these beauties for it is only skin deep.They cannot be trusted even after rework!
XBMX
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: Otter Hubertus leverlocks

Post by XBMX »

75% rejection rate is pitiful. Hard to believe a company would ship a order of this size without some sort of quality control. I'm thinking $5000-6000 for a purchase of this size. I'm sure that by now you've been in contact with the principals of Otter and received some sort of explanation. Care to share with us their reaction as to correcting the problem. I could see it occurring with a order out of China but from a German Company I'm speechless.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Hey Fred! ::welcome:: to AAPK! ::handshake:: Out of the 15 working pieces do you happen to have a fully functional "non-lemon" For Export Only 10" oal Hubbie for sale, and how much? ::shrug:: Thx! 8)
8)
Fred Csiky

Post by Fred Csiky »

Sorry,
The HH8 are the most dependable and they are tiny,I am partnered with venders that travel the G&K Show circuits and they are moving them as I rework them.
Thank You.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks Fred! ::handshake:: I know those little Hubbies are really snappy! 8)
8)

Return to “Switchblade Knife Collector`s Forum”