Roy’s Italian Switchblades

If you like Automatic knives, this is the forum to discuss and display them.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Roy’s Italian Switchblades

Post by Madmarco »

That is a stunning knife Roy, congratulations! ::handshake:: I too am a big fan of Lelle Floris, as-a-matter-of-fact, I tried to order a knife from that site last year, but the way the site is set-up was very confusing, along with a communication problem, so it never happened. Would you mind explaining the ordering process to me so I can try again? Thx! I just visited the site again, and it seems Lelle is leaning towards Bird's-Head pommels, and they look great. I also noticed quite a few models by Antonnio Contini, and that prompted me to show you one by him I got gently used from Muskratman, I hope you don't mind me posting it in this thread! 8)
WIN_20221211_14_07_11_Pro.jpg
WIN_20221211_14_06_41_Pro.jpg
Antonnio Contini 11 1/4" oal picklock swinguard with a 5mm SS bayonet blade, white camel bone covers, exposed rocker, 1/4" thick solid SS guards, spine-mounted safety, and extensive filework on the 5mm spine! This knife is a beast! 8) Please excuse my sub-par pictures!
8)
RoyS

Post by RoyS »

Hi Marco,

Thanks for that mate.

Yes, I found the site tricky too. However after choosing a knife I liked, I then clicked on the 'book now' button and filled in the information. I got an automated email saying they would be in touch but never heard anything else. After a few emails I eventually got a reply (in English) saying they had received my order but as Floris was really busy it might be a while before he gets to my knife, so a little patience may be in order.

Either way, I will of course post details when if finally gets to me.

Cheerio,
Roy
My website: www.fsknife.com
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks Roy! I was editing my post when you posted your reply. That was about as far as I got, I booked the knife and got an email saying the got it, but then didn't hear anything for a long time and my emails got no reply, so I gave up. I think patience is in order there, like you said. If you'd rather I not post my pictures in this thread I'll remove it! ::handshake:: 8)
8)
RoyS

Post by RoyS »

Hi Marco,

That's a great looking knife, well done. And no problem at all posting any pics, more the merrier.

Cheerio,
Roy
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks buddy! ::handshake:: I'll only post pictures when I'm trying to do a comparison between any knives you post and any I might own that are similar or the same! 8)
8)
RoyS

Post by RoyS »

This little beauty arrived in the mail today.

I normally lean toward the 28/11 size but this 23/9 caught my eye and I confess, I'm thrilled I got it.

Also shown next to it's big brother (previously posted).

Cheerio,
Roy
Attachments
IMG_6736.jpg
IMG_6737.jpg
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Nice Roy! ::tu:: I do something similar to what you do, I try to get my knives in manual along with their automatic counterpart to make a set. I'll also collect the different sizes of the same knives, just like the 2 in your post. With all these Latamas your obtaining it won't be long until you're our Latama expert, after Bill De though! lol! 8)
8)
RoyS

Post by RoyS »

Thanks Marco,

Although I doubt I will like long enough to be an 'expert' on Latama, it took me over three decades to get aquatinted with the F-S Knife (note my website below).

Cheers,
Roy
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Yah, I looked at your website as soon as I noticed it Roy, although I didn't know it was yours until you just told me, I missed the "My website" part completely, ::facepalm:: I thought it was just an informational link to a site you like, which I guess it is! lol! I like those F/S knives, but their high prices have kept me at bay except for an inexpensive replica I bought just so I'd have one in my collection! It's still pretty nice though, even if it's just a rep! 8)
8)
RoyS

Post by RoyS »

Thanks Marco,

I'm just heading out to pick up a new battery for my Triumph and then if time (and good light) allow, I will take a nicer pic of the lovely little 23/9 Latama, I think it deserves a better pic.

Cheerio,
Roy
RoyS

Post by RoyS »

Here's a nicer pic.

Cheerio,
Roy
Attachments
IMG_6746.jpg
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Yes sir, a knife like that definitely deserves another look Roy! ::tu:: What kind of Triumph are we talkin', car, bike...? ::shrug:: Thx! 8)
8)
RoyS

Post by RoyS »

Thanks Marco,

It's a highly modified 2018 Triumph motorcycle. Pic attached. A good day, got the new battery installed. More cleaning to do and some more parts to fit and she will be back on the road (weather permitting) by next week.

Cheerio,
Roy
Attachments
IMG_4618 2.jpg
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks Roy, ::handshake:: and that's a gorgeous bike you have there! I love the whitewalls! When I was 18 I bought a Triumph Daytona 500 with dual-carbs, and that bike could keep up with any Triumph 650 on the road! Unfortunately, I was too young and full of p*ss + vinegar so after 2 extremely close calls I sold it for what I'd paid! The bike wasn't immature though, I was! ::facepalm:: 8)
8)
RoyS

Post by RoyS »

Thanks mate,

Yes, those older Triumphs are quite scarce/valuable now. I had an old Bonnie back in the 80's in England. I have to say though these newer Triumphs are superb. I've worked hard to make mine look old but it's got fuel injection, traction control ABS etc. As mine is a single seater I also have an Indian Chief Vintage, as that has a back seat to keep the wife happy.

Cheerio,
Roy
RoyS

Post by RoyS »

Hi Gents,

You may recall my recent addition of a Lelle Floris 'hidden hole' switchblade (pictured below) by total accident I just found a video by Floris showing my exact knife, so thought I would share it here.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/nughCGmcTjc

Cheerio,
Roy
Attachments
IMG_6682.jpg
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

That was cool Roy! I don't know if you're aware of this, but on the site(can't recall the name)where Lelle's knives are listed, after you click-on a particular knife when the page comes up it usually includes a video, although, they are on a very small screen with no option to go full screen, but they still show you the knife operating. All those videos can be found on their YouTube channel too! 8)
8)
RoyS

Post by RoyS »

Thanks Marco,

Great information. I think I had seen a couple of videos but never notices one of the knife I purchased before, so pretty chuffed.

Cheers,
Roy
RoyS

Post by RoyS »

Here is a lovely new addition,

A 28/11 Latama black horn older classic custom. I'm guessing it's around 2017 but if anyone knows for sure, would be happy to hear from you.

It has the bayonet blade grind. And I especially like how the scales have been carefully profiled.

Cheerio,
Roy
Attachments
IMG_6825.jpg
IMG_6831.jpg
IMG_6832.jpg
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Wow, another stunner buddy! ::tu:: I even like the bayonet on this knife, and I'm a dagger grind kindda guy! Congratulations and enjoy your new treasure! 8)
8)
RoyS

Post by RoyS »

From the recent offerings from Walt,

I was able to grab this lovely French Horn SB custom.

Cheerio,
Roy
Attachments
IMG_6863.jpg
IMG_6866.jpg
IMG_6869.jpg
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Wow! Each knife you pick-up is nicer than the last bud! This one today IMHO is the nicest yet! Is that a faux sapphire I see imbedded in the button? Simply stunning! Congratulations! 8)
8)
RoyS

Post by RoyS »

Thanks mate,

Yes, it sure is a beauty, I'm thrilled with it.

Cheerio,
Roy
RoyS

Post by RoyS »

As it's Christmas Eve,

I thought I would share something a little interesting and special (well I think so.. :shock: ).

This is a lovely recent arrival of a 2015 edition serial numbered swivel Bolster in the fabulous Abalone Shell. This is serial number 003.

Cheerio,
Roy
Attachments
IMG_6838.jpg
S0032015.png
IMG_6860.jpg
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I've never been a big fan of Abalone, but on that knife it seems to fit it perfectly Roy, very nice! We're gonna have to start calling you "Mr. Latama"! Happy Holidays pal! ::handshake:: 8)
8)

Return to “Switchblade Knife Collector`s Forum”