Frank B stiletto?

If you like Automatic knives, this is the forum to discuss and display them.
prober996
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Frank B stiletto?

Post by prober996 »

I bought this 11" stiletto at a gun & knife show today. The blade is marked "Frank P Italy". Is this a "Frank B" and a light strike on the stamping turned the "B" into a "P"?

It is in great condition except for a small chip in the abalone next to the safety slot. I think that this can be repaired by replacing that small chip with a piece of abalone, which I have from my belt-buckle making supplies. Is this a new knife? I paid $300. Did I get hosed? Either way, I like this knife!
FrankP_1.jpg
FrankP_2.jpg
FrankP_3.jpg
FrankP_4.jpg
FrankP_6.jpg
FrankP_7.jpg
FrankP_8.jpg
SwedgeHead
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: Frank B stiletto?

Post by SwedgeHead »

Just saw your knife in our other post.
I bet you can have a little fun repairing that chip.

Price wise, yours appears to be used ? (in great shape still of course) and these are getting more scarce in the market place, but there is still a shop selling them new for $240 + tax, or they may already be out , they only had a few in stock when I grabbed mine. And if they are out, then the price probably goes up right - so you aren't too far off the mark here. All that matter is that you like it !

And I'm going with this being a Frank B, they are known for a weak tang stamp at times (i got lucky on mine), and the style and font look the same.
prober996
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Frank B stiletto?

Post by prober996 »

Swedge, yeah, I probably overpaid a bit but I guess that's what happens when you buy stuff at a show before you can do the research. I don't mind, as the number you quoted is close enough.

I am sure that my abalone chip surgery skills will be put to the test. I recently repaired a very nice money clip made by Montana Silversmiths that had a missing piece of abalone. I think I made 4 or 5 pieces until I got the shape right!

Return to “Switchblade Knife Collector`s Forum”